Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

Morning dawned in the forest. The chirrup of small birds and tiny furred creatures filled the air with activity. Night had passed, and the things that hunted in the dark were slumbering in their own dens and nests. A gentle wind rustled the leaves in the dappled early light, bringing with it the hint of late-blooming wildflowers and fresh loam. Streaks of sun filtered through the high canopy in clean shafts of pure gold. The peaceful balance held for now, but all that threatened to fall under the still-obfuscated growing threat; and its evil servants that dwelled beneath the ground.

Katten awoke to the soft touch of Indendien as she scanned the forest. The elf roused the human in the same way, and called to chitt with a whistle. The furry ally scurried into Jordek’s beard, tiggling and tugging at the Gnome’s wild mane to wake him. Nocturno rose easily as well, having only needed the short rest of his people

The day had come. The time had come. Once again they would meet to cast themselves against the Wetrocks.

Not far away in another camp, Linar woke from the trance. Nearby Vanidur wore a troubled, pensive look. Shortly the others awoke as well, and the elf explained that he’d had a special kind of dream that night. A magical vision sent by one of his tutors in Lesoger implored him to return home immediately, as something terrible had happened with his family. Garroth quickly volunteered to accompany his longtime friend. The dwarf muttered something nervous about caves being tombs not yet closed, and set out Northward.

It was in this way that Linar found himself set to meet the others alone.

[The meeting area is a small clearing just inside the treeline South of the Bridge. Everyone can describe meeting up as they post]
=====

Casters pick your spells for the day please
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Post by Jenara »

Rising in almost silence, Kattens hands run through the tight fur of the wolf beside her, they had to get back, to fight those things once more.

Raising a hand to Linar she readied her weapons, checking her arrows before finally speaking.

"There are less of us. We still fight creatures, I know the way, we free Prisoners, they help us." Rubbing her hand along her fur covered arm she continues. "I take Point, Elves will help. We Kill all we meet, they have small ones." She discounts that as if it was of no consequence, "We kill Small ones if Big ones don't listen. I hope big ones listen." Sighing its quite plain from her look that might be an empty threat.

"We leave as soon as you ready."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

After his morning duties are done, Nocturno will cover the rear as they approach the meeting spot.

When he sees only Linar and none of the rest of the group his suspicions will be raised. His normal racism towards any dark elf filling his mind with horrible thoughts.

"Where did the rest of your group go?" Nocturno will say with the suspicion in his voice thick and an unfriendly tone.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar says simply, "they were called away to answer some kind of emergency dream.. Here, count my arrows if you wish."

He turns to Katten, "Ready now, if you think this one is accepting."

"You can follow their tracks if you want further proof.."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With a heavy sigh Nocturno looks to see the reactions of the rest of the group.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elden shrugs as if it is of no consequence, practically bouncing on his toes with excitement.

I can look for tracks, if you're not satisfied... Indedien offers to Nocturno off-handedly. But he was with you before when you freed us... she points out
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Bull man stupid, but he is strong, Dark one would be hurt if something had happened. They go, we go." She states quite firmly. "If they are gone, they are gone. Watch your back and help free the others." She states in Elven looking directly at Noctorno.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno accepts that logic.

"Yes, let us focus on our common enemy."
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek greets everyone in the morning with a cheerful "Woohoo! Morning!" as he swings down from his perch in the tree to land on his feet with a bounce. He sobers up quickly as the atmosphere of the group becomes apparent.

Hearing Linar's explanation to finding the others gone, Jordek takes it at face value. However he laments on the fact that he may have missed his chance to ride the great big bull man.

Spells for the day will be cure light wounds, bless, command and sanctuary
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar gives a nod to Jordek then looks towards moving out with the feline warrior. He seeks to clarify, "small ones are goblins? Big ones are orcs?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Small ones, they are Cubs. Little ones of the Nisserr, we threaten small ones they give us Prisoners." She states as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jordek looks at Katten questioningly "that might work..." he starts hesitantly "however from what you all have said about your first encounter with these goblins, I had the impression there was quite the driving and uniting force behind their activities. There has to be to be able to drive the goblins to work together to this extent" At this point he raises both hands in a placating manner and tries to maneuver so there is anybody else between the two of them "Unless the accounts from your first encounter were grossly overstated I don't think this will work..." Looking around he nervously mentions to the air "anyone else can jump in just about now...."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"These scum would not spare child or elderly if they were to break into my home. I see no reason to have mercy if they choose their masters over their young." Though these are tough words, it's clear Nocturno is convincing himself as much as the rest of them.

"I will bring up the rear, I am confident we will all do what is needed to be done."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"They will do as we say, we WILL free my friends." She states as if that was the simplest thing in the world.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar waits, ready to support Katten as necessary.