Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Post by Nocturno »

"Sounds fair enough. How does that make you any coin?" Sue will straighten up. "Breadson, Sue, of Hochfield. This is my friend Evenwood, grown up togther. And this is Jim, odd sort but he was sent to me to show him the way of the land." Sue will try to position himself a bit differently so he can look in the general direction without making it obvious he is looking where the man is looking.

=====================================================================
Perception(Wis)(2): [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13
Perception(Wis)(2): [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15
Well at least it isn't two 3's.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Why, Bleys, Morgunn or Shaban will give me coin when my wagers come home," answers Regnet. "And the others? Or just the three of you?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Oh yes the others." Sue clears his throat and looks to the other 3. "I will let them speak for themselves."
=============================================
Samat? - Can't find that one.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Alecia Legan." The Priestess turns slowly, allowing her long black hair to fall backwards as she steps forward, fighting the ache at the pit of her stomach as she offers her hand, one eye watching Nix's reaction. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

(Perception [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Perception check:

[1d20] = 4 + 2 = 6
[1d20] = 2 + 2 = 4

Evenwood so focused on Sue's conversation isn't distracted by his surroundings.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Perception(Wis)(5): [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16
Perception(Wis)(5): [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22

After briefly looking at the "map" on the wall Jim sat back at his seat at the table

When Sue mentions his name Jim nods his head in their direction.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

At the mention of introductions, Nix rises and comes over. Nixthi’vraklos. He sas simply, nodding to the ones Sue is speaking too in greeting. His puil-less silver eyes makes casual contact with each in turn.

==
perception [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9, [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6
lol, so 6
Hamlett
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Hamlett »

Isaril watches these new individuals, listening but not understanding.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim studies the other sylvan at the table and while he is clearly unlike anyone he has met before, he feels a sense of familiarity with him. Rembering the earlier conversation and the difficulties Isaril seemed to have with the common tongue, Jim offers to explain what is being said.

(Elvish - to Isaril) - "I'm not sure on all the details but I think Sue wants you to introduce yourself. Just a name is good enough I think if you don't want to reveal more.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Pleased to meet you all," answers Regnet. "So, what do you say to my terms of.. sponsorship?"

Morgunn finds something amusing and narrowly avoids fumbling their drinks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can't deny it sounds intriguing." Alecia responds, playing with her hair for a moment, while watching Morgunn, "I hope we can live up to your trust." Placing a foot on a nearby chair, she bends forwards, making a show of adjusting her boot, was she showing too much?

Never reveal your hand The Nighmasters words still rung in her mind, Make them think you are less capable. Once upon a time, no one would see the skinny little girl who hid in the corner, they would never consider she might be a threat.. that wouldn't work anymore, perhaps now she could use the assets surely given by Sune herself to do the same thing? If she appeared to be 'window dressing' like the pretty jewels on display to lure people into the shops, perhaps she might make them think she was there for show?

"How many people survive?" She asks, her voice shaking a little, both through genuine and somewhat forced fear.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Still not knowing the Cleric well enough Sue is not sure if she actually is that nervous or is trying to help his game a bit.

"Surely you can do a little better. I'd think each of us is worth at least double that compensation."

Sue will wave at Luranla, after she is no longer gesturing. "Ale please!"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Bleys replies, "Same as adventuring but faster. Eek!" his voice trailing off like a strangled cat. Bleys' eyes bulge at Alecia's displayed curves. Morgunn elbows him with a laugh, "Down, boy!"

"Agreed!" answers Regnet to Sue, "and , good idea, we seal it with a round." Picking up on Sue's initiative, Regnet calls to the younger bar lady, "the usual, plus ales and doubles." He indicates Sue's group as he mentions 'ales' and then drops a cresent shaped coin on her tray. "Keep the change."

There is a lull in the conversation while the four finish their drinks and the two trays of replacements arrive: wine for the four and ales for the companions with a double shot all round.

Lunranla rests a hand on Sue's arm and gives an encouraging squeeze and smile.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

After negotiations are over, Nix slips an arm around Alecia comfortingly and whispers to her, very quietly. You ok?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"How generous!" He will pat Evenwood on the back. "Get some of this courage inside you friend."

"So you mentioned side wagers..."