Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?

Post by Nocturno »

"We push something that is for sure. I think we should be able to gather up the loot, and haul it to Woody's house. He can then tell us the magical properties of the items."

He clears his throat.

"Anything you wish to take?"
===========================

I believe you had Darren take a couple things already. Or at least lay claim.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Darren looks pleased, "Really? You think my meager services are deserving of reward? I don't do it for that, you know? But I mustn't be ungrateful. Thank you. You people are the heroes here, not me. So how about you all find out what everything does and then choose something each and if there's something that none of you want and you haven't changed your minds I'll swing by and accept* your kind donation?"

======
He manage to convey by gesture that "accept" = "choose something".
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"Meager services?" Jim interrupts. He walks over to Darren and bows formally.

"If you wish to downplay your role that is your choice but know you have my thanks. You have allowed me to keep my "meager" life through this endeavor and thus continue with my own search. For myself, parting with a mere magical trinket is no burden when I know the value of what I have received from you."

Relaxing his body language, he continues "Since Darren said he will not be accompanying us up top, let's get his parceled out to carry to Woody's home. I confess I am eager to see if there is anything within this haul that will help me with my little "staying on my feet" problem seeing as I won't have Darren's talents to fall back on."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

"Agreed let's head back to my place. I have some extra beds that you guys can use for the night." "I can figure out what the properties of these magical items."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue will haul the treasures up. Prioritizing items by value.

"You two take the magic? I'll bundle up the more normal items. We can probably fence them tomorrow."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Darren says, "Thank you, Brother Jim. Not only your limbs are dextrous." With the slightly clumsy compliment Darren bows to Jim and then sweeps it around to include Sue and Woody. "Of course, as officially we've never met, I couldn't officially offer help you out if your further endeavours should have need of someone with skills similar to mine. Go to the Spires of the Morning* at sunrise and ask for the services of a 'Field Healer'. I'm confident you would get what you seek." He makes another slight bow.

After pausing to confirm the location of Woody's house, the aasimar is ready to return to the city.

======
*Temple to Lathander in Sea Ward

Anything else anyone wants to do before we draw this chapter to a close?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue is ready to head for a rest.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

No, let's head home.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

Jim is good. Nothing else but have a nice rest in Woody's bed
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The adventuring trio (plus Darren) wend their weary way uneventfully back to Waterdeep, the City of Splendours.

Dock Ward seems to not notice their existence, much less their return. More noticeable is the turning away of heads and wider berth afforded the trio on their trip to Woody’s place. Darren departs to be about his own business. At the top of Woody’s road, a halfling with a handcart full of apples shouts good naturedly at the trio, “Been to the Muleskull Tavern, eh?” She laughs and wheels her cart away.

The brave adventurers have now confirmed that the deceased, Taffis Bornam, coordinated smuggling across Waterdeep between street gangs that would normally attack each other on sight.
Unless* Sue actively avoids updating the authorities on this progress, recognition of their achievement will go round a select few.
[*Sue gains +2 renoun, Jim gains +1 renoun & Woody gains +1 renoun]

======
All PC’s gain:
  • +1000xp storyline achievement (negotiating the sewer rendezvous successfully)
    +200xp side trek bonus (clearing out the sewer hideout)
    +200 RP bonus (global level of RP)
    +50xp (no casualties)