Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16 - Resistance

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by JadedDM »

The party rests, taking turns watching over the prisoners throughout the night, until it is after midnight. During this time, William heals himself and Miriam up a bit.

At around After Darkwatch (1:00 AM), William wakes up anyone still asleep. "It's time," he says. "It won't be dawn for a few more hours, so we have that long to complete our mission. I suggest we all prepare ourselves and then set out."

==============

(OOC: Casters can pick new spells.)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by BishGada »

"I need to study my spells too. You have no reason to trust me. On the other hand I can be useful given the opportunity to learn my spells and my help might make the difference in your mission success. So, will you permit it?" Tulbas asks William.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima says to his diminutive friend, "Not sure what you have in mind, but just in case, don't plan any of your spells, wherever they came from, for me. I'll be just fine. Thanks all the same. And without wishing to be rude."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What are you going to do with us?" Kendra asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

William nods to Tulbas. "Cut him lose," he tells Fiona.

"And if he betrays us? This could be a trick," Fiona warns.

"You know what our odds are. If he believes we are doomed, he has no reason to offer and help us. He can just sit tight and wait for us to die. But if he's willing to help atone for his crimes, I think he should be given that chance," William says.

Reluctantly, Fiona cuts Tulbas free and returns his pack to him.

William then looks to Kendra. "If you aren't willing to aid us, then we'll have to leave someone behind to watch over you."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae has never been super fond of having to sleep near other races. He has his own rituals at night and morning that he likes to do unobserved, and besides humans and goblins have reputations about what they do to hapless sleeping folk...

But it doesn't appear that Haahqae has much choice in the matter, and after the wounds he suffered recently he should be in bed for a week to let them heal. He doesn't have a week, he has a few precious hours.

And the lack of a plan he can agree with is annoying, to say the least. This resistance doesn't seem to have much of a coherent plan to take back the city besides "hope to get lucky", and the plan for how to hold the city in the unlikely event that their first plan works seems to be even worse. If such events should ever come to pass; Haahqae's sure to take the fist oppertunity to sneak out of the city invisibly and head back to the road of adventure wherever it might lead him. Hopefully to Wayreth someday soon. He would like to see Ismene again. If he was ever to divulge his life quest with anyone... she would have been the one.

So Haahqae doesn't sleep well, and when he awakes its to once again, this shoddy resistance arguing over whether or not to trust Tulbas. Honestly Haahqae doesn't know of the black robed mage is to be trusted. Maybe, somewhere deep down the mage had some resentment of Magnus's - quite frankly terrible - treatment of him and his 'friends'.

Haahqae's attention turns to Kendra. She's given him fairly accurate and useful information in the past; even if she's remained distant and relatively unwilling to help in many of his endevors here. Perhaps he could pick her mind on something useful once again.

"Kendra, do you know of a place in the mansion one could find clothes to change into that didn't smell like sewer piss?"
If needed, he'll ungag the girl to get the information.

*See OoC Notes about spells and equipment.
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra quietly considers her options at this point. She can remain a prisoner, and let these fools carry out their foolish plan that will most likely get them killed, or she can go with them and die along side them as they carry out their foolish plan. "It is a mansion, so yes. There are a few guest rooms that might have some clothing, but I doubt they are going to have kender or gnome sized clothing," she says. "Though, I don't think any of you are going to have time to change clothes if your plan is to sneak into the mansion and kill the prefect. Sneaking down to the guest rooms means that your chances of getting caught are higher. It is best to head straight to your goal."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Alright," William says. "Haahqae will lead the way. Once we get there, he goes in first to scout ahead. Sadron, perhaps you should be the one to stay behind and watch over the prisoner."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra looks over to Sadron for a moment before she adverts her gaze to the floor. She can't look him in the eye anymore.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick wakes and does his devotions quietly

===
re-memorize current list except

1st lvl: swap Magical Stone for Remove fear
2nd lvl: swap Fire Trap for Find Traps
3rd lvl: protection from fire
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Preparing to memorize his spells, Tulbas feels better understranding of the arcane powers. He sees connections that eluded him before and his mind is able to capture higher abilities. For the first time he gets the chance to exploit the powers power of life itself. To drain his enemies life force and bestow it upon himself. He carefully completes his study, then asks William, "Are the others healed? Can you spare healing prayers for me too?" He looks at those who attacked him while being held for a moment.

==========================================================================
(OOC: Tulbas memorizes and casts Armor on himself. Re-memorizing 'Shield, Magic Missile and Sleep. And memorizing Vampiric Touch.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

BishGada wrote:"Are the others healed? Can you spare healing prayers for me too?"
"Very well," William says. "But allow me to first reiterate if you make any attempt to betray us, I will smite you with Paladine's divine power myself." He places a hand on Tulbas' shoulder and prays to Paladine to heal him. The healing spell is not pleasant; his wounds burn a little as they heal and the improvement is minimal. It is almost like the purity of goodness from the spell does not mesh well with the darkness in the young elf's heart.

"Now then, is everyone ready to move out?"

==========

Tulbas casts Armor on himself, giving himself AC 6 for 13 HP.
William casts Cure Light Wounds on Tulbas, restoring (1d8): 1 HP.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima remains quiet waiting to to see which weapon, if any, comes his way.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Shima gave Grubnick a mace from Nora, right?]

Grubnick prays to Sirrion for healing. [Cure light wounds on himself.]
Turning to Shima, he speaks. Are you coming with us? I know things have all gone to the hells lately, but this is a chance to fight back.

Turning to the others, When we fought magnus yesterday, he seemed to have some protection against Shima's attack. But my sword of pure fire was able to hurt him. We should keep that in mind if we face him. Also, i have some spells prepared for the detection of traps and for pitfalls... that may come in handy...

====
if Shima says he is going with them, and the others agree to the dwarf coming, Grubnick will use a Cure light wounds on Shima.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima looks up from his sitting position, "Well, the others didn't seem to trust me. And I'm probably too easily influenced by magic courtesy of the dragon priestess's curse. Frankly I was going to let you lot disappear and then going to reacquaint myself with a bunch of rat creatures with six arms. Going out underground is the right way for my kind."

======
@Tristen - Yep, Shima gave the mace to Grubnick and the dwarf is currently weaponless.