Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16 - Resistance

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Under the Mansion, Sewers)
After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, it becomes clear Haahqae is not going to volunteer, so William nods to Pen. The kender climbs up on Miriam's shoulders, and pushes up on the trap door, sliding it quietly to the side. She then hoists the kender up, his little legs kicking before disappearing over the edge.

After a few moments, he pokes his head back into the sewer and says, "Coast is clear. Throw me some rope and I'll tie it off."

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
"No, but they knew about me," Sadron answers. "E'li spoke to William, telling him of me, and they managed to find me hiding in the sewers."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"E'li...the God known as Paladine," Kendra says softly as she looks down at the ground. She starts to laugh lightly if not a little darkly. "Even he believes I'm beyond help." At least, that is how she is taking it even if it might not be true.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Only if that is the choice you make," Sadron replies. "You can always choose differently."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra glances at Sadron from the corner of her eyes, then shakes her head. "What a load of crap," she says bluntly. "Everyone else has given up on me, so why should a God be any different?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The only one who gave up on you is you," Sadron says.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas looks at Kendra and Sardon from a distance... 'Hmm... That goes well...' he thinks to himself a little bit bored, then he looks up at the trap door as Pen legs are flinging around.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae looks around at the quiet assembly, from one face to another, until he finally declares: "Well, doesn't anyone have any rope? My goodness." Then pulls out his own silken rope to pass up to Pen.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Under the Mansion, Sewers)
Once Haahqae tosses up his rope, Pen secures it and drops the other end down. William is the first to climb up. Miriam volunteers to go last, to watch for trouble.

(OOC: Wait, is Tulbas with Haahqae and the others or back in the room with Kendra and Sadron? Because right now it looks like he's somehow in both places at once, and I'm confused.)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas climbs just before Miriam doing his best to show his will to help.

======================================================
(OOC: oops. I missed the fact that Kendra stayed behind. So we are two warriors down. great odds :))
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

When the rope is clear for climbing; Haahqae will climb up and investigate the location to try and figure out how he's going to get up to the mansion.
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Is that so?" Kendra asks. "Because I distinctly remember you walking out on me," she points out.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
Haahqae climbs up next, followed by Fiona. Then Gobax, then Tulbas, and finally Miriam.

Haahqae looks around. The bathroom is just as he remembered it. There are holes in the floor that lead down into the sewer, which they just used to climb up. It smells pretty bad in here. To the south, someone has placed some pleasant smelling plants to cover up the smell of the sewer, but instead the two smells have just combined into one.

(Map)

"I had no choice," Sadron says. "You said you were only infiltrating the army, but you lied. You never had any intention of betraying the prefect. You are even planning to marry that...thing. You gave up on yourself, on your ideals and values, on your family and friends. I don't even know you anymore."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You have absolutely no idea what I was thinking or feeling," Kendra points out. "And you didn't care, and you still don't care," she explains. "You just assumed that I had given up on myself at that point." As she thinks back on what happened, she starts laughing a bit. "I thought the so called good guys were supposed to have compassion and care about people, but it was a black robed mage, the so called bad guy, that offered me what I actually needed. I don't even know him that well," she admits as she bows her head. "In the end, that just told me that the people that supposedly love and care about me are just going to abandoned me. Practical strangers will offer me sweet words, but they are empty, so what's the point?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick stands by as Haaque investigates
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sadron just shakes his head at Kendra. "What will you do now? Try and escape, return to your monstrous groom? Marry him, bear his ungodly children? All for some nice words?"