Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

SquirrelLord (Private Thread) Tomb of Horrors

The (Original!) Tomb of Horrors!!!
S1 by the great Gygax 1978. Everything adapted to 2e. This is NOT the Return to ToH written for 2e

Labyrinth of Madness!!! Previously Concluded (by TPK)
S6 by Monte Cook from 1995. Designed for 2e. IMHO this one is the tougher of the two, but not by much.

Moderator: TristenC

Squirrellord
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: SquirrelLord (Private Thread) Tomb of Horrors

Post by Squirrellord »

Once Bryce realizes the 8 foot tall gargoyle is a statue he will immediately check to see if he can spot the others behind him in the hall he just came from. Addressing his brother he states "Hold a moment. Let's check and see if there are any triggers in this room before moving carelessly through it." Assuming his brother does indeed wait, Bryce will cautiously move forward testing the floor and walls trying to discern any irregularities in the stonework. "Keep an eye in that statue brother and let me know if anything about it changes."
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Zafron will do as recommended.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Bryce glances back only to find nothing but a stone wall behind him... no archway, no hallway, not even so much as a mouse-hole.
He cautions his brother against proceeding too readily and begins to check out the small chamber with well-trained eyes and a ten-foot pole. Before long he is satisfied that the walls and floor bear no hidden threats. No external light shines here, but Dwarven infravision allows them to see the room well enough.

The breach or 'passage' in the corner wall proves to be little more than a roughly round tunnel a mere 3 feet wide. It bends after only 5 feet or so, winding farther into the bowels of the infamous tomb...

Abruptly, Galan and Faldair appear near where the Dwarves did. The human cleric raises his shield and mace instinctively, casting his eyes about in what must be utter blackness to him. Galan, are you here? My eyes are not so keen as yours, my old friend. If anyone responds, he relaxes a little Here... he begins to fish out his lantern in preparation. If no one objects to a little illumination... he begins to light it; holding if anyone voices concern at doing so.

===
Bish, please read the post above with the image of the Gargoyle on it for a description of the room.
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"No objections on my part" Bryce says. "Be aware there is a statue in the center of the room. At least we are fairly sure it is a statue." Trying to give warning to the newcomers.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Faldair proceeds to light the lamp. Once done he holds it up to view the room. The Human cleric eyes the statue dubiously, hefting his magical mace. No archway here, it seems... how do we let the others know wha...
Before he can finish, Tabbi appears in the room beside him! Faldair tenses only momentarily at the abrupt entrance.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I'm here Faladair. And so are our friends." Galan says as hey appear in the room.

"So... you guys thought you could rid of us so easily?" Galan says humorously. "What have you found here so far? And does it match anything from the riddle? I assumed we will see the second great hall or something..."

=========================================
(OOC: Did the wall collapse out of age? Is it easy to destroy the other walls of the room? Galan will use his sword tip to check the walls.)
Squirrellord
Lord
Lord

Post by Squirrellord »

"This room is safe enough, at least from any traps that I can discern. Not sure where we are, though it looks like we may not have been the first to be trapped in this room." He says pointing to the breach in the corner.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"So this breach is man made? Not something happened by movement of the ground? You know this place is here for decades... With all the spiders web that no one cleans..." Galan says.
"Hmm... I wonder if the others will follow us as Tabbi did. Let's give them a moment and until then scout the breach."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Sorry, I appear to have made an error in the rooms description. It is not technically 'caved in', just a tunnel about 3' in diameter in the wall.]

Galan inspects the walls, but they seem as solid here as those anywhere.

====
Since Van and the rest are finally following, let's move this back to the main thread.