Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

From the comfort of Merrick's side Jerry looks across to Mira and flashes a smile and an understanding nod to her musical friend.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Pytor aids Pyros under his directions until the enthusiastic kender finally concedes to the dying light. "Perhaps in the future, we can have some of this pre-rigged, so that we may place it quickly. Our caravan had such a system they used when we had to camp in less friendly regions." Afterward, he goes to tend his steed, brushing the mare's coat and checking her hooves. "Rest now Satâr de Ceață, you did a fine job today carrying the halflings over such rugged ground. Not once did they slip loose from your saddle. Remember their legs can not reach the stirrups and they rely on your sure footing to stay balanced."

When finished with Mist Cleaver, the gypsy pulls a sprig of holly from his jacket and begins to work the beaded leavy stem into a loop. With a small piece of wire left over from Pyros alarms, he binds the loop ends and fashions a small hook on the back. Content with his work, he moves to take a seat next to the bard. "Milady, Both the wise and fair Jerry and Elsa have gods that watch over them. It seems almost a crime that you lack such good favor... Amongst my people, it is believed that a charm fashioned from holly when the berries burn crimson will bring good favor if given to one with a graceful heart and soul." The gypsy reaches over and hooks the charm to Mira's cloak. "May it bring you good fortune in the days to come." With that Pytor rises and goes to set his bedroll and pack on the other side of the camp.

Once his bedroll is placed, he pulls a battered violin and bow from his pack and begins adjusting the strings as he plucks each with a finger. After a moment he places the instrument to his shoulder and drags the bow across the strings. A wrenching screech echoes from the taut strings and he tosses the instrument back into his pack disgusted.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Somewhat stunned Mira turns back to Elsa then to the departing Gypsy, before turning to Elsa again. "Did that just happen?" She asks with a look of suprise and astoundment, "No Mira, stop." She warns herself and settles in against the tree, her arms bringing the hafling close so she rests her form against her own.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[yes Jen, sorry. everyone should have their full compliment of spells from the night before.]

Pyros works a little past dark on his ingenious kender-ific alarm system, finally satisfied it is worthy of the dangerous environment. After returning to camp and a few brief interactions, there seems little more to it than to rest for the night.

[if everyone is good to go we will move on]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira is content for now.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros tucks in till his watch.

Cross will rest, helping with cooking and fire duties.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Same watch order as before?

1st Adrastia, Pytor and Artanis
2nd Elsa, Mira
3rd Pyros, Cross and Adran
4th Cross and Adran
5th Jerry, Merrick

Pytor will assist if anything else remains to be done. Otherwise, he sits brooding staring off across the campfire towards one of the paths he would expect trouble to come from. "Even in this land, part of me likes being her out under the stars. But I do miss the sounds of the caravan. Their music would play until late in the evening on all but the worse of nights... My cousin, Barsali was an excellent musician, but his father, my uncle, was a master of the violin. He had planned to pass his knowledge down to both of us. But when the blacksmith began to grow infirm, I was tasked as his apprentice and had no time for such things... Now Barsali is dead, and I have neither the skill to put his music to the strings nor the knowledge to place them on parchment. It has all been lost."
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I will need to decline this night for taking a turn at the watch. After tonight I should be back to full strength."
=====================================
"I can do it!" Pyros will jump at the opportunity to help.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

TristenC wrote:[yes Jen, sorry. everyone should have their full compliment of spells from the night before.]...After returning to camp and a few brief interactions, there seems little more to it than to rest for the night.
[if everyone is good to go we will move on]
The above confused me - I thought Jerry had used MM, CLW, Magic Stone (and possibly another CLW) since her last full sleep. Please confirm.
Just to check, is it still late on March 3rd, 736 BC ?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

====[OOC]
TristenC wrote:After returning to camp, Artanis begins to clear the bodies away into the woods; placing them so as not to draw more predators towards the encampment. The others, once healed, settle down for another attempt at sleep; Pyros in particular feeling rather worn out. Elsa bids the others goodnight, and hugs both Mira and the kender tight before turning in for the evening.

Pytor and Adran taking their turn at the watch…

The watches continue through the night until the wan light of day begins to filter through the thick forest canopy. Morning comes, and the unsettling eeriness of the nocturnal hours transforms to an almost idyllic woodland setting.

===
casters pick your spells for the day.

I’ll do xp for the group after the next game day just before they arrive at the area where the crown is supposed to lie.

Cross is Exhausted from his near-death ordeal last night. He will be able to do little more for the next 24 hours than speak, study and a very limited amount of walking. Fortunately, there are two horses, so he can ride rather than trek through the woods.

The small folk can ride some, jog some, etc so this doesn’t slow the group down significantly. I’m not interested in bogging the game down calculating exact distance/speeds for that for a marginally more accurate arrival time, so we’ll just keep it to the previously anticipated schedule.

Pyros regains 1 hp [16/17]

apparently i did call for spells before.

chris, those slots were used the night before during the jackal fight. the party finished their rest that night giving everyone spent slots back.
It is March 5th, just after sundown, March 4th game-day began in my post on July 5th s listed there.
March 5th in-game began in the post quoted in this post originally made on sept 9th.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Thx Tristan.
Posted in private thread. I'll go with whatever you decide to allow.
Good to go and move on.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will fumble around trying to come up with a team for the group after the traps are set.

"Anyone for some friendly dice?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You really should get some rest." MIra offers the Kender, seeing his look she nods the affirmative, "Ok, one game." Taking a seat by him, her legs crossed as she waits. "You roll first, what are the stakes?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group settles down for the night, though the kender manages to talk the bard into one quick dice game [you can do this in solo threads if you want].

The gypsy folk take first watch with Artanis as the others lie down to rest. The hours pass eerily, the sounds of the night dwelling creatures familiar but nonetheless ominous to the three outdoorsy folk. Eventually the turn comes, and they wake Elsa and Mira for the second watch…

The Halfling keeps vigilant watch with her friend, and the time passes easily enough… until the sounds of the forest die off…. The quiet looms large in the darkness until the sound of cracking brush fills their ears!

A monstrous blur of fur and teeth lunges from the darkness, bounding through the thick brush towards the women. It rears back on its hind legs and looms tall in the dark night; the burning fire of hunger and malice in its lupine eyes! Elsa cries out in surprise, nearly falling from her seat as it closes the distance with tremendous speed!

[Actions and initiative from Mira for Round 1]
[Con checks for everyone asleep. Pass means they wake and can act on round 2. Cross has -4 to his con check from exhaustion]
====
Wolf-creature rushes into camp

Elsa and Mira are Surprised!

Wolf-creature makes full movement, cannot attack this round.

*The wolf creature basically used its full move to get in melee range of Elsa and Mira
Attachments
L-G.jpg
L-G.jpg (278.88 KiB) Viewed 8016 times
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Constitution(10): [1d20] = 12

Pyros jumps up runs his eyes and wonder what in the hell's is that. While seeing all these new creatures is interesting, I'dlove a night's sleep!."

=====================================

Con Check [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11

Cross mumbles but since he is so exhausted stays asleep.

He will scan the area to see if he can spot any other opponents.
Last edited by Nocturno on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.