Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 2: “In Search of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Post by mltillis »

At Jerry's suggestion, Pytor rises. "Your wisdom matches your charm milady. I'll start checking on the north side of the camp. Perhaps we can take some precautions this evening and set a surprise along the path most likely for an enemy to approach from? That is if anyone knows how to rig such things."

Animal Lore (15) Tracking (6+4) Identify plants and animals as druid
(I'll add in rolls if you want me to make the checks, not sure if you do those or I do.)

While checking the outer perimeter, Pytor will also glance around for any type of flowery bloom or bright sprigs that are easily collected.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Shoulders slumped somewhat Mira lowers her pack and other gear next to a nearby tree and watches the others begin to set up camp, she brushes Jerry's fussing away with a simple wave of her hand and lowers her body next to the same tree.

"Do you have skills in that area?" She finally asks the Ranger, never moving from her postion.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Mel, for tracking checks and most nwps (except perhaps the occasional subtle 'observation' check) the player makes those. It's not necessary in this case]

Pytor does a circuit of the camp, and the area seems undisturbed and as secure as any other likely spot.

====
sorry for the slow posting lately. work and life bs once again, and my own procrastination

How does the group want to set watches for the evening?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Same watches as before?" Mira asks taking in the campsite. "Only this time, if something happens, no one goes outside, they wake the whole group. this place is way to dangerous to tackle alone." And I can't handle the idea of anyone else getting hurt because of my stupidity. she thinks only to herself.

"Artanis, would you suggest anywhere to place some trips, or something to warn us if anything gets close? I've heard of the idea, but the theory is a little lost on me?" She adds,.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry smiles an acknowledgement to Pytor, and then shakes her head when he asks about rigging surprises.

Her eyes widen at Mira's brushoff and she retreats to the comfort of being near Merrick. "You ok?" she whispers.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros' eyes light up at the mention of traps.
"Oh THAT is something I can do! Where should we set them?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

"I was thinking to set them on the most likely paths someone or thing would use to attack us in the middle of the night. Even if noticed, it may cause a brief delay or force them thru the brush. Either of which would aid us in not being taken by surprise." Pytor explains his thoughts to Pyros. "I'll be glad to assist you as long as you handle the delicate work."
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Alright! Let's do at least 3. Hey Artanis, I bet you could help us figure the best places out!"

===================
Set Snares (18, 14 for large snares)

Shall I roll?
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Pytor glances around the edge of the camp and ponders what he noticed earlier while checking the perimeter. "Alright Pyros. Most of the paths leading into the brush dwindle down quickly to fox and rodent trails. The only three trails able to carry anything larger "quietly" are the those due South, Northwest, and Northeast. Which one do you want to start with?"

(Tried to randomly roll and place the trails with the die roller and they were all to close with the first three rolls. And of course, Pytor could be wrong about there just being three trails wide enough.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Let's start South, and work our way to the Northwest then Northeast."

===========================

Large snares since these things are bigger than Pyros?

3 Trap Delight S NW NE: [1d20] = 13 [1d20] = 10 [1d20] = 10
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Seeing the others work Mira slumps down against a nearby tree, how could she tell them? It was simple enough yet she felt.. she had failed, that was plain in her mind, she hadn't acted and people had gotten hurt..

"Sorry..." She mutters under her breath, just loud enough for Jerry to hear.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Artanis watches along as Pytor identifies the trails and Pyros begins his efforts. The men lend a hand here and there as the kender requires in order to expedite the process.

Merrick seems to be trying to keep watch everywhere at once. He seems taken a little off-guard when Jerry asks if he is alright, Hmm?! Oh! Erm… yes… I just… well I never like traveling through the thick forest like this… too many eyes… He gives her a weak smile, Umm… are you ok? he asks sheepishly.

Nearby Adrastia also watches the surroundings, though with a much more discerning gaze.

Elsa plops down next to Mira. Hey… you aren’t still hung up about that business last night are you? She asks, rubbing the bard’s back with one hand. Keeping a clear-head during a fight isn’t like thinking normally. People who have been in real danger, or to war or something… they know. When stuff gets really dangerous, sometimes it can be confusing. Just remember, we’re all here for each other, ok? It’ll get easier to think… I promise. The halfling gives her friend a tight hug around the neck and a quick peck on the cheek.

===
So there is probably enough light to set one trap. He can continue working into the dark if he wants too, but there is the obvious risk of nightfall in doing so.

What is the nature of the traps he would like to set (i.e. the effect)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The traps should set off noise. Not a snare or pit. Maybe s trip wire to drop a log or sticks near the trail. If the bigger folk will work with him Pyros will continue, he will be so absorbed he won't notice the waning light.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry looks up at Mira when she hears the muttered, "Sorry.." She smiles, laugh lines crinkling round her eyes.Still l looking at Mira, Jerry pats Merrick on the arm, "Back in a second," and pushes herself up to her feet. She catches Merrick's eyes and then moves to Mira, crouches down in front of her to reply in the same quiet tone, "It's this place. Not you. So, nothing to be sorry for,, ok?" She rests her fingers on Mira's leg exerting the smallest amount of pressure. "You're our best hope here. We're all behind you." She nods, more to herself, and then stands and returns to sit and lean against Merrick.

On hearing Merrick's question, Jerry answers, "I'm better with you," and lifts his arm to rest around her shoulders.

======
Stones in a metal or pottery container might work. If Jerry hears the discussion on noise traps she offers this for consideration and volunteers an old metal knife and spoon.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm not used to people listening to me, first my music that no one really cared for, someone once said I was before my time, perhaps they were right." Patting Elsa on the arm she allows herself a brief moment of peace. "Behind me, see.. that takes a little getting used to." She admits clasping her hands around the fingers, squeezing the hand that rests on her leg she flashes Jerry a little grin.

"Thank you, I'll try not to be so down. Ok?" Her words are spoken as Jerry walks away, resting her head on Elsa she breathes deeply. "No one leaves the camp tonight. No one."

(NB, Has she got her full list of spells again?)

Borderlands 3 - Navi