Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

thawizkid
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Post by thawizkid »

Adran thinks a minute and then says to Mira Come to think of it, we might spend a few days in Harmonia....if we left tomorrow, you could catch up. Would that be acceptable?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[I could be wrong, but I think mira's only commitment to play at The Broken Wheel was through tonight; which everyone so far has agreed they will be in town for.]

Inside: Adran, Adrastia, Artanis, Cross, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Artanis strokes his red beard idly, The girl seemed more urgent after finding out our 'friend jackques' had that map... if we are to find this thing first, I think tonight might be all we can afford here... he mentions.

Elsa chimes in, apparently back to normal. I'm sure Erris would understand, I mean you did only agree to playing while in-town right? We never said how long we'd be in Skald, and if our reason for coming is taking us out of town now then I think she'd understand... the cleric reasons.

Cross offers his contribution tot he conversation, then takes his leave with is beverage. Once outside, Fenrir tests his wings before taking flight; spiraling up into the misty spray that surrounds the inn. The roar of the crashing waterfalls nearby drowns out almost all sound, but he still hears the raven's voice in his head clear as a bell. A sense of utter freedom and relief washes through the bond, then a mild sadness, You cannot join me? You cannot take to the air?

Ouside: Jerry and Merrick
Silently Merrick entwines his arms with Jerry, and walks her to the papermaker. Once there, he decides to hang about a while as she works, observing the process from a not-inconvenient distance. Her tutor says nothing about the other mage's presence, and there seems only another couple hours of work for them before the order is filled.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Not yet my feathered friend. But there is rumour that I will be able to once my magic abilities increase. I am truly jealous of how free it seems you are in the air." He will try to send a reassuring feeling, that everything is quite alright the way it is.

Blurting out of no where, probably interrupting someone: "I do love a good treasure hunt! But I have a feeling that you "planners" are going to suck all the fun out of the journey! It isn't just about the destination, journey and the surprises that come with it are just as important!!" He will then continue to figit with his puzzle from the trinket store.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I suppose you are right Elsa, I just don't like letting people down, I feel Better in Harmonia, like I belong more, but I was starting to like it here.." Mira admits quietly, "I will talk to her and explain, play this evening.." (And spend the evening with Sabine, she thinks to herself, she would miss that girl).

"We could take the road and head back tomorrow then." Turning to Pyros she winks, "Pyros, life is always fun with a Kender at your side, afterall: 'When you see a fork in the road, don't go left or right, it means someones been there before. You should go up the middle. That's where the adventure is.'.." She grins seemingly more enthuastic.

"Right, are we done here? I have to prepare, I have new songs to sing." She adds standing.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

As she settles down to do some paper-making work, Jerry mentions to Merrick that sometime she could do with another piece of good quality jewelry, small and discreet, like the one she showed him previously.

If the paper-maker mentions anything interesting, Jerry will follow up on it in conversation. In the absense of any such, she'll try to engage in a light mixture of further questions about paper-making and the liquids involved, his own circumstances and the influence of song on the community.

======
*Referring here to Jerry's desire to get another 25gp jewelry item suitable for subsequent enchanting with Protective Amulet.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Much safer here in the air... easier to ride than feet... predators cannot stalk. When you find your wings you join me. Fenrir sends confidently before lighting atop an eave of the roof, keeping keen watch.

Elsa gives the bard a side-hug and rises with her. Artanis hops up quickly, eager to be off; Adrastia seemingly more than ready as well. Back to the Broken wheel then? She asks.

Papermaker: Jerry and Merrick
Merrick blinks at the overt jewelry hint. Oh... ummm.. exactly like that... or something similar?

Jerry keeps her questions about the paper making process, which the proprietor is content to answer. Most questions about other things are met with brief, simple responses or a shrug.

====
Nocturno, wis check -8 I think for the puzzle ;)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Puzzle Try(Wis 10): [1d20] = 7

Pyros continues to fidget.

"Ah some action! To the other INN!!"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Oh! I meant similar in quality, dear. Something tasteful; not gaudy. Something that you might wear rather than me. And I was only asking you to keep your eyes open for such. I'm happy to pay for it," the apprentice paper-maker replies.

When the work is finished and they're outside, Jerrry whispers to Merrick, "The jewelry was for to let me make a Protective Amulet."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ready." She responds talking one last look at the kitchen, hoping to catch Sabrines eye before leaving.

"Sorry Pyros, this isn't much fun for you is it? Id be a little bored if I were you too.. If we know what we plan then we have more chance to do fun things. I was thinking, we will need to make you invisible again.. quite a lot actually. You are really our best scout.." she comments as she walks, Elsa's arm in hers as she considers things. "We have lots of magic, and no one really to protect them.."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Now THAT is a plan I could go along with!" Frustrated with the puzzle he will put it in his pack.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Artanis smooths his mustaches, hiding a small smile as he watches the kender. Yes, he did rather well at the farm..

Elsa nods, well Adrestia and I can keep you guys safe, as long as you don't go ploughing headlong into danger... she adds, bemused; decidedly -not- looking at Pyros.

Mira looks for Sabrina but dorsn't see the girl at the moment. The group heads back outside, the roar of the falls enveloping conversation as they do. Once back across the bridge and some distance from the Old Kartakan, conversation becomes easier. I think we know what we need in terms of supplies, but if anyone needs something specific before Adrestia and I head out to obtain them, now is the time to speak up.

[Jen if you want to retro something we can just drop it in Mira's private thread]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Cross will follow the group, if he or Fenrir spots them.

Pyros tags along looking for street vendors.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group makes their way back to the Broken Wheel from the Old Kartakan. Artanis stops just before everyone goes in. Adrestia and I are going to go now to collect supplies. I... hate to ask, but is there anything extra any of you need?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros perks up at the gathering of supplies.

"We should get some nuts and some raisins! I love having that mix on the trail! And waterskins with ale!ANDSOMERATIONSBUTNOTALLTHESAMEKINDYECHTHEYALLSTARTTOJUSTTASTELIKESANDOHOHSOMEDRIEDMEATSSOMUCHBETTERTHANRATIONSANDOILLAMPOILISGREATTOHELPSTARTAFIRE!" Pyros clears his throat, and looks a little sheepish.

"And don't forget fishing line! And maybe something interesting for bait?" He will wink at Artanis.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll grab a few things from the Inn, something nice to eat on the road, and some water." Mira replies softly, turning to Elsa, "We have some coins for equipment don't we? Perhaps a few should go to rations?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi