Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 1: “Legend of The Crown” (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

Artanis blinks at the array of supplies Pyros suggests. This time it is Adrestia who speaks, That's what Artanis and I were discussing after meeting the girl. I think we have an adequate list for rations. And if we stop by the farmhouse he told me of, there are days worth of stores from your... recent encounter...

Artanis nods, Jackques left us quite a bit. There was plenty of jerky and cured meats that would last. and we could take some of the fresh for the first day or two. Most of the other supplies we had in mind are fairly inexpensive, but useful things.

[I'd like to keep the supply gathering brief and off-stage in order to get everyone back together and keep us moving forward. I've been the cause of some delay recently, so I'm trying to mitigate that in the future.]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Get what you need, meet us back here, before dark. If you will excuse me? I have to prepare." With that Mira slips into the Inn with a purposeful stride.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Artanis and Adrastia head off into the town to acquire the necessary items. Mira steps back into the broken wheel, shortly followed by Elsa and Adran; with Pyros and Cross at the entance.

Erris stands behind the counter, noting them with a smile as they enter. As usual, the inn is sparsely populated at this mid afternoon hour.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

They will converse in Kenderspeak.

"Well my dimunitive friend? Shall we explore? My new friend could find us something interesting to investigate."

"I'm always one for something new.... He is impressive. Does he have a name?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving to the Bar Mira gives Erris a little nod of her head, "Erris, can we talk? I need to discuss something with you."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: Adran, Cross, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Of course, my dear. Is everything alright? Erris responds to the bard.

Nearby Elsa and Adran converse a little, filling in gaps the mage might have for the activities of the rest of the group since coming to this strange land. They also compare notes, quietly in Elven of course, on ways they can benefit the party magically; in order to prepare their spells best for the journey.

[What, if anything significant, would Cross and Pyros like to do the next couple hours while others are gathering supplies/etc]

The Papermaker: Jerry and Merrick
Oh! Well, if it’s for me, I would insist on paying for it myself. Truly. I overheard one of the servers at the Broken Wheel speaking about a curios shop in Upper Skald that had an extensive array of moderately priced jewelry… The Glass Eye, I think it was…

After a couple of hours of work, Jerry finishes up and the papermaker thanks her. I hope you got what you were looking for. You’re a good worker, it was helpful having someone to aid me in filling such a large order.
Once the pair finish and say their goodbyes [unless there is more Jerry wants to do here], they step back out into the town. Judging from the sight, there are still at least 2 or 3 hours before dark. Did you have anything else you wanted to do before we go back to meet the others at the inn? Merrick asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well, yes. And no." The Bard replies taking a seat at the bar, "I really appreciate the chance to play here, its just a shame that my style isn't quite suited to the people here.. I..." She stammers slightly, words failing to come from her lips for a moment. "I have to go back to Harmonia. You see my friends and I have offered to help a someone in trouble.." Letting that sink in she sighs, "I wish there were another way, I love playing and singing, to be actually known, respected even, thats all I ever want." taking a long breath, her chest puffing out.

"My style is too unique, my heart... my emotions are on the edge, I can joke with Elsa and Sabrine all I like, but I feel a void.. I need to see if he came back." She glances behind her, "There are many reasons why I should go back, but one really important one to make me stay.. I will play this evening, I've been practising traditional songs. Is.. is that ok?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

They will just explore more of the town. Making sure to be in before dark. If there are any interesting vendors near by Pyros will easily part with his GP.

Cross will follow along enjoying the feeling of freedom from his like with the flying Fenrir.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Erris watches her with a concerned expression at first, that soon gives way to compassion.
There is nothing wrong with your style, and many people like it. I am one of them. She smiles, though perhaps the costumes could be a little less... bawdy. she teases lightly. And I remember you speaking of your young man, and how sad you looked when he disappeared.

A sad look comes over her, I hope you find what you are looking for. You have a good heart, Mira. You are going out of your way to help others and still have the strength to remain true to yourself. I would love it if you play tonight. And when in my in you should play what you want, within reason, not what you feel others expect you to. She pats the bard's hand in a motherly fashion and sets out a glass of meekulbrau, On the house. And you are always welcome to return and play when you are in town.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Glad it went well. Thank & good luck to you," Jerry says with a smile to the papermaker.

After they leave the shop she says, "Merrick, do you think there's time to visit the Glass Eye before Mira's performance?"

After listening quietly to his response she adds in an innocent tone, "When is your Naming Day*, dear?"

======
*aka birthday..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Jerry might recall, they had spoken of birthdays recently; for that reason I didn’t respond in-game. Merrick's is a few days before the spring solstice (whatever that equates to for Jerry). In Ravenloft, his birthday is March 3rd… which is Tomorrow in game terms!!!]

The half elven man nods, Yes, I think we’ll certainly have time. Taking that as a cue, Merrick leads her back along the winding side streets of Lower Skald, through the large town gates and into Upper Skald. Pausing to think he seems to remember where it was supposed to be, and follows North and West to follow the hexagonal section that encompasses the Old Keep. The stonework looms 20 feet above their heads as they pass two small, round turrets and a square tower built into the wall; with a heavy looking locked oaken door.

Coming to the corner of the wall they turn northward, along the inner side of the wall that separates the two halves of town. Just as the pair reach the last square-ish turret south of the river they see the rectangular building. The sign hanging over the stoop bears an enlarged eye painted in the lens of a Jeweler’s glass. There is red lettering under the sign, which Merrick nods at. I suppose this is it. The young mage says, striding to open the door for his companion.

The door opens to the tinkling of a bell on a curled piece of iron overhead. A voice calls from somewhere inside in that musical language. The Glass Eye is packed with various cases and stands bearing jewelry of every quality from cheap baubles to an elegant sapphire-riddled diamond necklace on a bust shelved high behind the main counter. The shop is obviously much more than a jewelers as the two spot trinkets, antiques, old books and unusual items of nearly every sort.

A balding middle aged man with a pair of half-spectacles comes around from behind a brown satin curtain leading to what might be a stock area. He wears a brown corduroy waistcoat with a fine gold chain leading from one button hole to a small pocket. The coat fits snugly over his modest pot-belly and a well-made white shirt He carries a small mahogany box with silver inlay that he sets on the counter nearby.

Catching sight of his patrons, he changes smoothly to Elven, though it is that tone-deaf version that most from this strange land seem to have adopted. Welcome fine lady! Welcome good sir! Welcome to The Glass Eye. He says in a cheerful voice. I have some lovely jewelry today for a couple of young he says, directing a wink at Merrick. Something with a bit of sapphire or opal for your bright eyes my dear? He asks, Or perhaps fine metals? Only the best work, I assure you. Catching sight of their gear, I have supplies for more practical and dangerous pursuits as well. Come in, come in. He says, gesturing them forward.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

TristenC wrote:Erris watches her with a concerned expression at first, that soon gives way to compassion.
There is nothing wrong with your style, and many people like it. I am one of them. She smiles, though perhaps the costumes could be a little less... bawdy. she teases lightly. And I remember you speaking of your young man, and how sad you looked when he disappeared.

A sad look comes over her, I hope you find what you are looking for. You have a good heart, Mira. You are going out of your way to help others and still have the strength to remain true to yourself. I would love it if you play tonight. And when in my in you should play what you want, within reason, not what you feel others expect you to. She pats the bard's hand in a motherly fashion and sets out a glass of meekulbrau, On the house. And you are always welcome to return and play when you are in town.
"You are too kind." She offers a sad smile, "I'll try to keep my shirt on this time, after all half of the women think I am trying to steal their husbands.. flashing the Girls isnt helping." She giggles her mood lightening for a brief moment. "I didnt know him long, it happened so quickly, one moment we were strangers, then we were... together, and then he was gone." She sighs. "I need to see if he came back."

"Music is my love, my passion, but I don't carry my blade for show, someone needs my help... and... they might have a way to help my friends get home. You see them follow me, I don't know where to turn for the best and here I am.. they are right behind me." Sighing one last time, "Thank you, its growing on me." She takes a long sip, the taste entering her throat, the sting of the alcohol hitting her head.. It would be so easy to follow Yasir's example, to drink and never have to face the world.

"I've been practicing a few new ones, in the style the people here should like. I'll even wear all my clothes.."Taking a few more long sips she pats the womans hand and raises herself from the stool. "Until later, I'll finish this upstairs if thats ok." Moving to the others she pats Elsa on the shoulder, balacing the glass in one hand "I'm going to practice. I'll play tonight and we'll leave in the morning." With that she heads upstairs.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Erris nods sympathetically and gives the bard a warm, understanding smile. When asked about the cup she says, Of course. Come down when you are ready, don't rush yourself.

[Good to go to the set here whenever you are and that will close out the game day for us I think aside from one follow up post from me.]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros gives Artanis an odd look, not understanding the joke.

Cross chuckles lightly at Artanis' joke.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

A short while later Mira appears in the hall, dressed in a simple white shirt, long flowing skirt and scarf around her neck she hoists the lute in hand and surveys the small crowd.

"Good Evening, today its just me, some songs that I hope you will enjoy." With that she enters the stage and takes a seat, begining to play a jaunty ditty she sings softly, her voice breaking.

"Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

Letting the last note fall as she was prone to do, she raises her head and straight away breaks into another song.

"O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune!

As fair thou art, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun;
I will luve thee still my dear,
When the sands of life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again , my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile."

"This next song I first played when I arrived in Harmonia, it means a lot to me, I hope you enjoy it." The tune remains happy, the each note picked out at a time as she creates a small pattern, a pattern she almost uses magic to hold before letting that thought go.

" Come live with me and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove,
That valleys, groves, hills, and fields,
Woods, or steepy mountain yields.

And we will sit upon the rocks,
Seeing the shepherds feed their flocks,
By shallow rivers, to whose falls
Melodious birds sing madrigals.

And I will make thee beds of roses,
And a thousand fragrant posies,
A cap of flowers and a kirtle
Embroider'd all with leaves of myrtle:

A gown made of the finest wool,
Which from our pretty lambs we pull;
Fair lined slippers for the cold,
With buckles of the purest gold:

A belt of straw and ivy buds,
With coral clasps and amber studs;
And if these pleasures may thee move,
Come live with me and be my love.

The shepherd swains shall dance and sing
For thy delight each May morning;
If these delights thy mind may move,
Then live with me and be my love.

"This is something new, based around an old tune." The tune begins, one most of the patrons will know, yet the words are different.

I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen,
of meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been;
Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair.
I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see.

For still there are so many things that I have never seen:
in every wood in every spring there is a different green.
I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago,
and people who will see a world that I shall never know.
But all the while I sit and think of times there were before,
I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

Borderlands 3 - Navi