Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 15 - Before the Dawn

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn

Post by Chris1234 »

"It's as he said. Delivered by touch. Curse that gives very bad luck {OOC: -20 to saves} until I comply. Which I won't," expands Shima now that it's clear something was expected of him. "I got that when I asked for them to fix a wound so that I could help someone else."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Half an hour passes in silence, during which time Gobax prays to Sirrion. His spell is now ready.

==============

Gobax memorizes Remove Curse.

(Curfew is in one hour.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick stretches and shakes out his limbs. Ok, let's see if this is enough...
Sirrion, Master of Fire, Great Alchemist, Flowing Flame; I pray you remove the cursed touch of the Dragon Queen from this Dwarf so that he might more readily oppose her corruption in the coming hours. he prays, lightly touching Shima

====
Grubnick casts Remove Curse on Shima
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks. To both of you, I meant," says Shima, not properly understanding.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As Gobax prays, a black aura of energy appears around Shima while a fiery red and orange aura starts to form around Gobax. When he touches Shima, the red aura starts to spread, pushing back the black aura. But only a bit. The black aura proves stronger, and shatters the red aura before re-enveloping Shima. It then fades from view, but Shima can still feel the hex on him. The spell did not work; Gobax is nowhere near powerful enough to counteract whoever placed this spell on the dwarf.

While that is happening, William says, "We might as well discuss our next move. Namely, what we're to do with you two." He looks to Tulbas and Kendra. "Why do you still fight for that tyrant after everything he has done? Surely you realize it won't end well for either of you under his rule."

===============

Gobax casts Remove Curse on Shima. No effect.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick curses softly. I guess it will take higher power than i'm able to call upon... Sorry...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thank you for trying," answers Shima. "I think this makes me a liability, liable to manipulation."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra lets out a sigh and looks around the room. She doesn't know of Magnus actually followed them to this point or not, which is why she hasn't even tried to tell her story. "Didn't you all ready ask us this question?" she asks. "I don't see it ending well for me either way at this point, so I might as well stick with the people I know."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"So be it, then," William says. "If that is your choice, I hope you can live with it."

"There is one more matter to discuss," Fiona says. "Should we rest and heal up before going? On the one hand, the longer we wait, the more likely they might be prepared for us. But many of us are injured and need healing, and those of us with spells need to replenish them."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I'm not going to be much use without my spells, but Haahque is the only one who has been inside to have an idea of what they might prepare... and then there is the dragon... do we have any idea of when the dragon might or might not be around?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No," William answers, "We don't. The dragon is usually nearby the prefect, though. So the odds we'll encounter him are high. But now that we know what form he takes, it might be possible to lure him away before our attack."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I'm in favor of resting. If thdre is any chance whatsoever we're going to have to contend with... with that... i don't want to go in half-ready.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima turns to the goblin, "I hope the mace serves you well. Thanks for caring."
He tries to leave.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Fiona jumps to her feet to block the dwarf's way. "And where do you think you're going, with the knowledge of where we are hiding and what we are planning?" she asks.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Ideally away from you," answers the dwarf continuing walking. "None of you, neither you nor your enemies, trust me, so fine. Now, either get your bony arse out of my way or hit me with something sharp or heavy."

======
The dwarf won't try and dodge. He's just sick of all the BS.