Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 15 - Before the Dawn

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn

Post by TristenC »

I'll, uh... I'll meet you back here I guess. Unless you're coming too.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Depends, I guess. Where are you off to and to do what?" asks Shima.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra and Tulbas (Prefect's Mansion)
Tethys nods. "It's the woman who runs the place, an old plainswoman. She'll be easy enough for you to find."

"Old woman, huh?" asks Raena, cracking her knuckles. "We'll make her talk then."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

“Yeah, probably mixing those up. I didn’t really get a good look at either of them much. But still, I don’t think we should underestimate anyone near the top of the dragonarmy. And yes, of course I’ll join you. But what’s with this talk of endangering themselves? You said we couldn’t be overheard here.”

One good thing about not letting people know you're a magic caster, is that they don't know you can vanish if they try to backstab you. I want to believe that this group really has a good chance of success and is totally honest and anti-army, but Yvette, Xleena, Burzan and Reana all appeared to be decent folk before they revealed that they were actually sewer-sucking gutter feeders with less sole then a begger's sandals.
Veni Vidi Vici
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Just need a bath... i dunno. Probably the Masked Dragon i guess.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra looks Raena for a moment, then shakes her head. "Remember that we will be in a public place, and it is best to keep our more...unfavorable business out of the eye of the public," she points out. "At least, for the time being." She had an image to uphold as a "hero", and no one was going to view her as a hero if she was roughing up old women.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Masked Dragon Inn)
"Nothing is foolproof, and nothing lasts forever," the woman answers. "There is always danger, especially when it comes to what we're doing. Go to this address," she says, giving him directions to a place in the Harbor District. "Knock twice, then once. The password is Kingfisher. You can learn more there."

"Ah, gotcha," Raena says with a wink. "That's what back rooms are for, after all."

"Are there any further questions then?" asks Tethys. "If not, I suggest you begin right away."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick heads to the Masked Dragon whether or not shima is coming.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Yes. I suggest Kendra will lead us. If we have disagreement, her choice on the matter will decide the outcome." Tulbas looks for a brief moment at Kendra and then at Tethys.
After Tethys answer and before the party moves on her tasks Tulbas says, "Kendra, Magnus, can I have a word with you two?"

=======================================================
(OOC: Tulbas saw the bartender plainswoman before, right? He would have immediately know whom Tethys meant for?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra gives a salute to Tethys as she is a solider, and then walks over to Tulbas and Magnus. "Yes?" she asks.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

I’m not sure if she’s correct on either account. The gods sure as heck seem to last forever, and Errick’s auto-waffle-make-o-matic is pretty damn foolproof. No really, I’ve checked over his notes a dozen times and he’s thought of everything.

“Uh yeah? I guess we can go with that. Well… good luck.”

Knock twice; then once? Isn’t that just knocking three times? When last I checked 2+1=3. Probably they don’t mean something so simple and strait forwards. Like… what if there’s a 0 in between? Knock 201 times? No probably not. 2.1 times? How do you knock one tenth of a time? Or maybe they mean knock with a little space in the middle? That seems a little more likely.

Making his way out of the room he proceeds towards the harbor district.

So that conversation was sort of... interesting. What did you think about them? Think that they could be competent enough to actually do anything? Were they trustworthy?
Veni Vidi Vici
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"First, the company in here is not reliable at all. Except Nora which seems to have pure meanings. But most important I think I know this plainswoman. She is the bartender. I rather we go and speak with her and not these brutes. And obviously if we ask her directly she will both deny and warn the rebels."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Masked Dragon Inn)
'I am not certain, but the alternative is to do nothing at all,' Miracle states. 'At the very least, this is an opportunity for us to do something.'

Just as he walks out of the inn, he runs into Gobax. He has not seen the goblin in some time, and he looks pretty haggard. There are serious bags under his eyes and smells like a nest of dead rats.

"We have our orders," Magnus responds. "Feel free to go back and tell the prefect you refuse to work with the people he chose for his team. In any case, I don't hear a better solution from you. How exactly do you propose to extract the information from this woman then? Ask her nicely?"

Gobax (Masked Dragon Inn)
Gobax departs the High Hand and makes his way through the cold, snowy streets of Haven to reach the Masked Dragon. Just as he's about to step inside, he runs into Haahqae who is just coming out. He has not seen the gnome in some time.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

woah, oh! Gobax halts, shaking off his distratedness, Hey... Haahque, right? Been a while... umm... how are you? The goblin tries to think back to the last time they had seen each other. All that really stood out to him was the show the gnome pit on and thta he had been looking for someone... Oh, did you ever find your friend? I kept expecting you to let me know when you wantrd help but i never heard from you about it...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima goes back to the corner table to see whether he can nurse the long beer and jug of water until lunchtime.