Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Chris1234 »

"Jim. I am Jim, Lady," he replies. "Footman of the Morninglord, Lady." He shifts in his chair as if uncomfortable.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(I assume Alecia will know what that is?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

=====
Yes. Morninglord is a title for Lathander, god of the morning, rebirth & renewal. (Lawful good.)
Footman is the title for Jim, indicating a novice rank of holy warrior (but most probably not a cleric.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

In elven: "Greetings" Sue will nod his head and give the new comer a toothy grin.

"Jim here comes highly recommended. Not sure for what yet. But the urchins seem to like him"

Sue will down his drink and try to flag down another.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jim looks on impassively.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So you are a warrior, fair enough." She replies and sips her drink. "The Urchins? They are usually either a good judge of character or are motivated by who gives them food and money. Too many of them are pushed down by the Gangs and.. What do you know of the Gangs in the City? Do you seek to hinder of help the Young ones?" Her questions are aimed quite firmly at the man who had been invited without her knowledge.

"What exactly are we doing here? You want to talk to the Nandar." He eyes go to the Elf, "You want to solve a crime." She turns to Sue, "You.. I have no idea." eyeing Jim suspicously she squeezes Nix by the hand.. "And we just want to keep a roof over our heads."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jim answers Alicia with uncharacteristic clarity, "I am skilled with weapons," and holds up two callused hands before continuing. "I have had little contact with the children of the city but they seem to find me ..amusing." He looks up as if thinking, "I know of gangs, but have been insulated from them by the walls of my temple. If the gangs push the children perhaps someone should push back."

Adopting a lotus position Jim adds, "I am here to learn of things outside of my temple life. Perhaps to understand."

The sylvan monk looks at Sue then back at Alecial, "He is my guide," and then lapses into silence.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue will look back at Jim. And if there is a drink that was placed in front of him: "Going to drink that?" Didn't think so." He will grab it without waiting for an answer and start to drink it.

"Push back indeed. I would gladly guide you to that." He will raise his eyebrows uncharacteristically to the more familiar companions. They may think Sue is about to lose his lunch, or have a stroke, as his face doesn't really lend itself to the point he was attempting to make.

Responding to the mention of the Nandar family: "Why would someone want to speak with them?"

======================

What does Sue know about the Nandars? lol Is that already in the history threads? Or a roll?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue has no recollection of the Nandars.

======
Maybe he was on potato peeling duty; Sue + knife versus a few thousand lbs of spuds. :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

“The City is...” She wanted to say a Magical Place, but that wasn’t true. “It’s an interesting place. At least you have a guide. Ahhhh so they see you as unique. That I understand.” Sipping the ale and trying not to bawk at the taste. “Push back? From what I’ve heard the last time someone tried to push back.. a whole guild got wiped out.” Under the table she Squeezes Nix’s hand.

“He believes they are destroying his home, the needs of the City verses the needs of the wild I suppose.” Alecia answers not wanting to speak too much for the strange man.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Yes, interesting is the perfect word."

"Ok, so he just tagged along to see if we stop by their house? It seems we have had a similar morning."
Hamlett
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Hamlett »

Isaril replies in Elvish, apparently making no effort to even pretend that he understands the strange tongue of the commoners. The following bombardment is said very quickly and with a thick Ardeep sylvan accent, making no allowances for beginners of Elvish.

"Hello. You have a most curious name, friend Tsue. Is it short for Tsunami? I have heard of such powerful forces, often the spirits of the oceans rebalancing their energies. Your teeth are missing. Did they fall out? Perhaps you are ill. Your face is quivering in a strange way. It may be related to your teeth, and both are possibly related to the horrible liquid in the receptacle you drink from. I suggest you stop drinking it and speak to your tribe farseer. Yes, the Nandars want to cut down Ardeep Forest. I have been told to try speaking to them, but they built a fence around their house that I couldn't climb over. Apparently I have to speak to a Mage Sister first. This city is a strange place and smells of fire and sweat. Maybe this bad air is what made your face quiver."

His expression is mostly blank and difficult to read, possibly because there is nothing to be read than from any attempt at a poker face.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

In elvish: "Oh we have a live one here!" Sue will show his full set of teeth including the tusks of course.

"Nay they are all here. And that movement was a mock of surprise, but as you can tell I failed miserably."

At the mention of his glass, he will again attempt to get the attention of a server.

"You tried to climb a family's fence? And a Mage Sister.... Never heard of that, but I do know of Magisters."

"Don't we seem to be a merry band of misfits. Well I'm sure I can help your cause if you help mine. At this point Sue has stopped trying to make sense of why people keep falling into his path. Probably something to do with that damn portal he fell through earlier.(To and from the tower.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix enjoys the closeness with Alicia, not really understanding the Elven conversation.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jim gestures towards Sue while addressing Isaril, "His word is good. Just tell him, 'Yes'."