Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Jenara »

“Balance? This is Waterdeep, the the only balance most people worry about is their money purses!” She shakes her pretty head and giggles loudly, “You have much to learn, this place is quite different I bet from where you are from. Cities like this are dangerous, mean people hide in shadows and the bigger crooks do things in plain sight.”

“Tymora teaches us we make our own luck, so I suppose you will have to find out what makes these people tick, and deal on that level.” Squeezing Nix by the hand she quickly explains the situation in common.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Hamlett
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Hamlett »

"Well I suppose these creatures are not People in the true sense of the word, so it follows that they would have different motivations from Forest People such as myself. If they do not understand such laws of the world and they only work in rituals involving coins, then perhaps I can translate my position by setting their hall on fire. I have heard humans react to such things with emotion and it conveys the necessary symbolism of the forest."

This comes across as something of a mixture between an objective observation and a statement of intent.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

“That would make them listen, and get you locked up by the Guard.” She responds, “Trust me I know, that sort of thing is frowned upon." She ponders the question turning to Nix, explaining the thoughts in Common she raises an eyebrow in his direction. "You need to make them listen, BUT you should try to avoid breaking the Law. Tymora willing you will find the right path."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Is there much more the group want to cover before rejoining Sue?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(I'm done here, unless anyone else has anything).

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

With a gesture towards the door Nix indicates to Alecia that they should probably be going to meet up with the Watchman. Nodding to the elf, he adds, "Please tell him if he wants to try and gain favour with the Black Robes by first aiding us then he needs to come with us now."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Alecia repeats her the statement in Elven and rises to move, her armor creaking as she stands, her hand gripping into Nix’s for a brief moment. “Come.” She repeats and with that moves to leave, Nix in tow.

————

Assuming he follows:

Alecia leads the group back through the City and to the street outside the building she shares an appartment with Nix, her keen eyes looking for the Watchman, knowing full well he is easy to spot.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Alecia, leading, sees the Watchman through the crowd. He appears to have someone with him.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue will be on the lookout for the pair, hoping to catch their eye sooner rather than later.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue sees Alecia working her way through the throng towards him, clearly having already spotted him. The Tymoran is followed by Nix and another, an oddly dressed elf.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Raising a hand in greeting Alecia motions to the nearest bar with a single finger.

(She would rather not have everyone meet at her room, or risk upsetting Asher).

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Two tables are hastily pushed together to seat six.
The paired tables are sufficiently spaced from other tables on the street that the group will be unlikely to be overheard provided voices are not raised.

A round of modest drinks amounts to 10 nebs, or a single shard. However, on seeing the Tymoran holy icon the proprietor waves away any offer of coin, "This one's on the house, may the Gracious Lady bless this establishment with her favour!"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"So it seems we have made some new friends." Sue will motion to Jim, and the other new fellow.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The 'new friend' accompanying Sue has dull copper colored skin with dirty blonde hair with natural sun lightened tints and green eyes. Obviously an elf, he is slight in stature almost to the point of being painfully thin. His common clothes are well worn, threadbare in places, and appear too large for him.

Still sitting, Jim bows from the waist to the other three.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed, the Ladys Blessing be with you." Alecia responds to the Barman in thanks. "Your donation is greatly appreciated." When the Barman leaves she watches each person with her almost black eyes, stray strands of black hair cover her face from time to time as she simply watches for a moment, her left hand clasped inside Nix's the pair sharing the same personal space.

"Isaril of the forest people, his common is a little sparse. I am Alecia Legan, Acolyte of Tymora." She asks, facing the newcommer." And who might you be?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi