Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Jenara »

"He had a stash of pretty underwear, they call it a stash don't they? If he can enjoyed a place with ladies of questionable morals perhaps they belonged to them?" She asks giving this Sue a strange look.

"So they will not know you are with the watch?" She sighs. "Then hiding my purse was a good idea."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
When you move across the city to whichever destination you choose, will the group keep mostly to the main streets? Or mostly to the alleys?
I'll give Tristen another day to catch up and then move things along..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[I vote main roads. If challenged by the watch he can show credentials but we don't need to advertise.]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Main roads too. She's had enough of alleyways
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Ok, shall we?"

Sue will stow his tabard, before going back to the front door. Nodding at Asher on the way by.

He will lead the group down the main roads.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The trio exit the apartment leaving the impassive dwarf behind.
The heat of the day has eased. A gentle on-shore breeze gives further relief.

The main roads are still busy as ever as the group head off into the city to the Hanging Lantern.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Giving Asher a wave Alecia leaves the building and walks onwards with a hand on Nix and a hand in her Mace, she knew the street's well enough but he was happy to lead.. "Have either of you ever been to this place?" She asks as they walk.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

As the little group work their way through the crowds, Sixth bell sounds
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

On the way:

"Are you familiar with perfumes at all? Either of you really? These leathers seem a bit out of place considering the awful shape of the rest of his clothes."

The group will see Sue's show a moment of internal struggle...

"I also don't think that was a stash of underwear from his 'company'. When I inspected the body he was wearing the underwear, and was essentially scrubbed clean, even his boots."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I've never been in, but I have been by it a few times. Nix replies, squeezing her hand... he could hardly believe he had found her again... Nix watched her face, drinkinf in the sight as if he feared she might yet vanish again... As they near the docks, he turns his attention outward. Happy as he was to see her, only a fool tread Dock Ward without eyes sharp and hands ready.

I know nothing of perfumes really... he was... wearing...? Nix' eyes go wide and look tonsee the priestess' reaction.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue seems a little tense as first one and later a second City Watch patrol passes by. Apart from the usual jostling and appeals to buy everything from pies and sweetmeats to wooden legs and 'magical' tonics, the journey into Dock Ward is uneventful for most of the trio.

======
{OOC: - I'll pause here to let the en route conversation catch up.}
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perfumes? Umm a little, Not as much as I could but I'm playing catch up." Alecia replies in a slightly nervous tone, "Pardon..? He was WEARING the perfume? It takes all sorts but, oh my."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue lets out a small sigh. "No the underwear... take a whiff?" Sue offers the leathers.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I... uh... Nix looks distracted a moment as he touches his chest through his shirt. Not now... I just... Looking apologetically to the two companions his hand on the priestess' becomes a bit unsteady. Ri, I... I have to do something... for my patron, you understand? His eyes search hears almost pleadingly. Gods, why now... just when I finally found her again...

He looks to the guardsman and back to his dearest one. My... my patron... I have a task... I think it will be quick but... Listen, I'll meet you both at the hanging lantern ok? I can move through this section of the city much quicker... you... Nix squeezes her hand, suddenly fearing if he loses sight of her he might never find her again... If I don't see you there I'll meet you back at your place.. our place... He corrected... Sorry... I... I have to... With one last quick hug and embrace, Nix begins to head off in the direction of those in need.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nix I don't.. what?" Staring at him in confusion she allows the mist to clear and focuses on his words. "Be quick. My virtue needs protecting." She adds with a smirk and a pats his backside.

After he is gone she turns back to Sue and shrugs. "Looks like it's me and you. I trust you know your way around the docks? And no, I'll take your word for it. He used the perfume to hide a smell. Only two places you'd get smelly, the docks or the sewers."

Borderlands 3 - Navi