Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Jenara »

"Its fine." Aleica responds in a way that makes you know that everything is not fine, sitting cross legged on the bed she nurses her pack and waits.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With the "It's fine" comment Sue get's a small shiver down his back.

"I will be done soon, I was not expecting someone to be here when I showed up."

[OoC: So for investigation rolls, I would like to use it on each wall, and the chimney. Would I have needed it when checking the drawers for false bottoms too? Do you want some rolls for these?]
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix lays a comforting hand on Alecia's back. So did you know anything about this fellow before the watch sent you here? The tiefling asks conversationally.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Investigation of the two remaining walls reveal nothing. The chimney only shows a significant degree of soot some of which is dislodged and covers most of the fireplace surround.

======
To move it forwards I've done some Investigation rolls for you.
Unless someone suggests a reasonable alternative method of investigating the chimney, Sue will end up with a blackened hand and arm (and that's from just probing upward a couple of foot).
Does anyone want to investigate anything else in the room while the Watchman is poking around at the walls and chimney (which takes him maybe half an hour all told, assuming he makes at least a token attempt to clear tidy/contain the fallen soot)? Or offer up any information?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

While the investigating was happening he would keep up any conversation.

Sue will rub his hand and arm off in the fireplace. "Huh, well I don't see anything or any reason why anyone would come looking for anything here. I apologize if I have disturbed you kind folks." He will then bundle up the leathers and rope.

"Do you have anything in mind that might be out of the ordinary from around the apartment? Anything that was the former occupants I could use to find out why he ended up face down in an alley?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

It's clear that the Watchman is taking the best care that he can not to spread mess.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well." Alecia speaks after a few moments. "I wouldnt dream of tell an obviously experienced Watchman how to do his job. But he made a quick escape, he had ladies undergarmets, clothes that smell like the things you imagine would be in the sewer. He has some strange marking on some rather odd harness." Considering all of that she turns her head to the watchman and continues to speak.

"I would say he is one of those thieves I've read about. But isnt ithere is no bounty no stash of gold, no ill gotten gains, so either he was a very poor thief of his money went elsewhere."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue's eye roves over the shuttered windows at the mention of 'quick escape'. The fact they they're locked would impede a quick escape.
In a matter of moments the Watchman feels along the top ledge above the window and finds a key that fits the and unlocks the shutters.

======
Should have included the above in the wall search.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

He will crack the shutter and take a peek at first. Then he will open it wide if nothing seems amiss.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The window, in need of a good clean, opens 'fanfold' to reveal the narrowest of alleys, maybe a couple of foot wide.
Sue estimates that the deceased would have been thin enough use this as a speedy escape route provided he wasn't wearing a backpack.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Where should we find you if we discover anything else of interest? Nix asks.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

He takes a whiff of the air in the alley.

He will take a good look in the alley also. (Percep and Investigation?)

[Two more walls to look at also?]

"Uh leave word with Asher, an I will get back to you/him."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue looks into the alley. It's narrow, empty and unremarkable.

[All walls done.]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nice view." Alecia sighs, thinking longingly of the room she left behind, swearing quitely to keep the window closed.. "I have to admit his death intrigues me, it's a mystery isn't it? Like one of those books where the investigator, that's you." She points to the Watchman. "Has to solve it using the clues. Personally I'd go to this Lantern inn, and ask around those horrible docks.. this man obviously spent a lot of time in the sewers, crawling in other people's garbage."

"What do you think Nix?" She asks looking over a coin playing across her fingers slowly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix cuts his eyes to the coin and shakes his head slightly. It is kind of a mystery. I guess the Lantern would be as good a place to start as any. I know the area around the docks pretty well... he glances at Alecia and hesitates before going on, I guess I could show you to the place...

[Chris. Is it likely Nix has ever been inside the Hanging Lantern? Or does he just know how to get there?]