Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Chris1234 »

The lady steps slowly into the room saying, "I’m Alecia Legan, would-be Cleric of Tymora; I'm still in training." She looks back at the dwarven concierge adding, "I was about to come and get you."
The burly Watchman pushes into the room to see what is happening. Only the concierge remains in the hallway.

Those in the room see a thin fellow with the odour of the docks about him hanging off the end of the bed (which has been swung away from the wall). He seems to be handling something obscured by the bed.

======
Anyone advancing further into the room sees that the Dock Warder is just fiddling with a floorboard.
Nocturno
King
King

Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs

Post by Nocturno »

Sue will advance. "What in the nine hells are you doing?" He will move to stop the person fiddling with the floorboards.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix keeps a calm demeanor despite the newcomer's shouting, and turns before the watchman reaches him. Taking in the Half-orc's aopearance and garb [i presume he's in his uniform], the tiefling moves to sit cross-legged on the bed; setting the broken floorboard beside him causally. His small spiral horns stood out over his olive skin, pupil-less silver eyes gazed back calmly at the guardsman. Half-orc... he mused to himself. Perhaps this man's own circumstances might help keep him from immediately disliking the tiefling... based on race, at least.

Easy, watchman. Nix says calmly, not giving the man reason to touch him or feel threatened. My friend and I are planning on renting this room. We were cleaning it out, Asher there can confirm, and I was making sure everything was in order. I saw a loose floorboard under the bed and when I went to adjust it, it broke. He says, gesturing lightly to the damaged board beside him. If you wish to inspect the floor I can move the bed more. He offers. But what brings the city watch to inspect a place like this?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

[OoC: Yep he has his uniform on now]

Sue will visibly relax, as the Occupant made no threatening moves, and complied quite quickly.

He will note the horns, but not hold that against him immediately.

After hearing the response he will snort.

"Rather quick to move into a dead man's abode. I am here investigating said demise." He will walk closer to the bed as non-threatening as he can.

[He has many weapons hanging around him, and his chain mail can probably be heard as he walks.]

"Indeed, anything found of the former occupant would be of interest to me."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nix blinks, Dead?!... What happened?
[I think Asher only said the room had 'become available', is that correct?]

To the remark about investigating, Nix shrugs and spreads his hands congenially. Obviously we'll cooperate. Ummm.. we did dispose of some clothes and worthless junk already, however. I'm sure Mr Asher can show you where if you need.

What do you make of that? Nix asks, pointing to the two pitons hammered into the wall by the window.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

[Some kind of roll for the use of the Pitons? They look like an escape plan to me, rope plus pitons - jump out the window?]

"Yes he will get me access to the trash when we are done here."

Looking at the wall:

"Huh, that is odd. What about the floorboard?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nix is right, I threw his clothing out because it was rather smelly!!" Alecia comments looking to Asher with a slight sense of concern. "I was going to ask if it had something to do with the way he died?" She squeaks slightly. "I don't know how it happened.. was it awful? Tymora's blessing wasn't with him." She asks in alarm, her fingers tightening in worry and concern.

(Post fixed. :lol: )
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Sue didn't actually say anything about his suspicions re an escape plan... yet]

Nix shrugs regarding the floorboard. It was just sticking up at an odd angle. I tried to fix it, but it broke... What do you think those pitons are for? Curious himself, Nix pushes the covers aside as he rises so they don't obscure the view of the floor area at all, then drags the bed farther to one side so the area of the floor can be reached by the watchman.

He sits back on the bed so he isn't in the way and curiously watches the investigation continue. I'm Nix, by the way. He says, extending a hand. And you are?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Picking up on the lady's look, the concierge steps into the room and says, "Watchman, the streets* said he wouldn't be coming back and this lady needed suitable accommodation. If there is anything to answer for this quickness of action then it is for me, not her." Asher bows to the lady, "Begging your pardon, Miss, for the intrusion."

The fourth bell sounds.

======
*Common euphemism for street chatter, most often urchin or beggar network.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh no, its fine, we are always happy to help the Watch, after all you have a hard job to do, they say that there are thieves everywhere, although I dont really believe it. Nasty Horrible business.." she shudders and clasps her holy symbol, saying a silent prayer.

"Were you looking for anything in particular?" She asks just before Nix offers his hand.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Asher asks, "I have other duties that I must attend to. Please excuse me. I shall be downstairs if required."
He waits quietly by the door, hands clasped loosely in front of him, clearly unperturbed by these recent events.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With a soft snort/grunt: " I reckon it is part of an escape plan. Tie off a rope, and down you go."

He will look into the floor where the board was broken.

"Nothing in particular, but anything of his might be valuable to my investigation."

Sue will nod to the Dwarf. "Ill be down to see his other things when I'm done here."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"An escape plan?" Alecia gasps, holding her hand to her mouth again, "Why.. why would anyone need to escape from this room?" grabbing Nix tightly she motions to the table, "He had some food, I mean why would anyone need mouldy cheese..?" She shrugs.

"I'm sorry I didnt catch your name." She adds with a slight raising of volume.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The section of board, something over a foot long, has been lifted free and is on the bed.
It looks like it's been crunched at one end.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Breadson." At the escape plan reaction he will slightly grunt. "Huh, I don't think it would be the room he would be escaping."
Sue will start to look around the room for hidden compartments once satisfied looking into the hole.
==========================
[So was that the inside or was he looking at the board? I wanted him to look in the hole.]