Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game thre

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game

Post by Chris1234 »

"The elves said we should stay on the road," Linar recalls, "so that is what we should do."
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

"Scouting the road is an option, but there is no cover cover, which just invites and ambush.. so if we stay on the road, we split ourselves front and back.. Boyd, will you travel at thr front about 90' ahead with me while Elarial and Linar cover us? With any luck I'll be able to smell out a trap before we reach it..."
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

"Seems a good plan... I can disguise myself as a target. Maybe draw them out. Maybe a fat rich slaver, eh?"

Van takes a look around, seeming to wait for the "atta boy!" pat on the back.
Low rolls make things more interesting!
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

"Not now Van, don't want to see you shot full of arrows.. need you providing spell support... hope you got something flashy?
Ausie

Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

The usual High Elf airs are lost for a moment as Van replies sheepishly,

"Uuuuhhh yeah.... About that. I'm ready to Disguise or Spook. I didn't think we'd have any trouble; and I've really been meaning to practice the Disguise spell. What with the big Hallow's Eve parties coming up.... I'm not losing the costume contest like I did last year! Spook has come in handy though, eh?" he ends helpfully.

The elf will clear his throat and bundle his things together.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

"Hmmm.. OK.. I'll scout a quarter mile ahead...ahead as best I can, with Van disguised as my prisoner.. Van can disguise me as a bounty hunter...

We have two sets of eyes, and I can leave signs for those following, and between us, we will be stealthy in this environment..

If we strike trouble we can't handle, Van can spook them, and we split into the woods and double back..
Listen for the red speckled woodpecker.. that means danger and we doubling back with followers, to lead them into an ambush.. well any thoughts?"

OOC: if only we had a wheelbarrow and a Holocast cloak..
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar has several thoughts, but none of them complimentary or constructive and so keeps his mouth shut.

Thinking, ~It's not about you, it's about the safety of these folks,~ he takes up a right flank position as before moving forwards quietly as he can, bow at the ready.
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

"Eh hem... The disguise would be for me to be the Bounty Hunter- you'd have to the captive, Garroth. I can't project the Disguise spell- yet!"

As to Linar's suggestion, the high elf will say, "Let's arm them. They did well enough freeing themselves below- Let's let them continue that spirit of independence for themselves."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sorry?" replies Linar to Van. "All I said was, 'The elves said we should stay on the road, so that is what we should do.' So I'm not quite sure what it it that you're attributing to me. Anyway, just what did you have in mind to arm anyone with?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"You all work on your plans and schemes and disguises. Meanwhile, Salem and I will clear you a path. Listen for the gutted, piteously wailing orc. That means danger and you had best be ready to take the fight to the enemy. Fair enough?" Never one for deep thought, Boyd lets his frustration show in his tone.

"And everyone capable of carrying a weapon, arm up. No matter if you can use it; the enemy will not know that. And if push comes to shove, you are better off with a weapon in hand than nothing at all. And just think: you might surprise yourself."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sure, Boyd. Sounds fine," encourages Linar, (unsure if group dynamics are advancing faster then the group.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[It has been a busy holdiay weekend here, sorry for the delay]

When Garroth first suggests sending the civilians ahead as bait, Eariel stops that line of thinking right away. There is No. Way. that will allow these people to be used as bait. She says, darkly dangerous. Fortunately Boyd quickly says the same and proposes other options. The group begins to hash out their ideas, and she seems satisfied that the people of Bordertown are safe from having a target painted on them. At the notion of the civilians carrying weapons she nods, That's fine, a good idea, too. So long as they stay together in the middle of the group and under protection.

Eariel looks ahead to the road and back at the group. The last i had heard, which was admittedly over two weeks ago, was that the orc camp was staying nesr Bordertown. Obviously caution at any time is good, but I wouldn't expect run into them before we get within 10 miles or so; which means tomorrow. By the end of today's march we'll be due east of Quel Salas... at least, where i've heard it lies. If the trolls were near there, i woulf expect them to be the greater possibility for now.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Eariel, that's a huge help; thank you," acknowledges the drow.

He looks at his adventuring colleagues, "Now, guys, honestly, can we get our arses in gear and move out? Please?"
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Garroth smiles... "Great... I knew someone would be better at this than me... I'll lead with Boyd and once we get to about ten miles out... we can be more cautious..

I had already though of arming the folk... but with what? How many of them and how many weapons?

I have two daggers I can loan out..". Garroth hands them out two whomever wants to take one..

"Do we have some spears we salvaged?"
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks, Garroth, Eariel can take care of that, can't you, Eariel?" says Linar, hopefully. "Wooden cudgels are better than nothing. But only stuff off the ground, I'd suggest."

Linar starts to visibly move forwards, hoping everyone else would move forwards too.
He was realising that trying to look after a group was a damn sight harder than just being responsible for yourself in the Underdark.