Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game thre

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game

Post by Chris1234 »

Just regain health and assist others to do the same and.practise speaking Harmoniun with the native.speakers..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

You mean common? Harmonian is the Ravenloft game...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, thanks for the correction.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Garoth nods... and gives a fleeting half smile.. “Easy on the hand my friend... I think that Orc Morningstar May have unsettled the bones there... it’s still a bit tender..

“Master Calan..! I had to come and see for myself this place, I fear I may be without spare penny for some time, so this is more of a window shopping expedition. Though it gives me the impetus to save up for some of your selecton of spells.. I’m sure I will be back.. ..perchance do you buy as well as sell spells? I trust Vanidue and Linar have already asked though, apologies if you needs repeat yourself?”
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Calan shrugs regarding the remark about coin, as if it is of little consequence. We do not usually purchase spells from others, but I have been known to accept certain ones in trade against shop credit. he says, nodding in Linar’s direction. Of course, I could only accept such things that would be profitable to the shop itself.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Gareth asks if the man would trade a copy of metamorphose liquids for anything ... or some store credit?
Ausie

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The shopkeeper considers Garroth's proposed trade for a moment. That seems like quite a useful spell actually. Very well, I will accept that in trade against one of the other spells of similar strength.

[Garroth can attempt to learn any 1 of the first level spells the shop has available. if he fails his 'learn spell' roll, then he can attempt a different lvl 1 spell from the list.]
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

“I find it useful... but to tell the truth, nothing yoo have on offer would interest me in a trade. Maybe another time, sorry for the inconvenience.”
Ausie

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Calan seems only mildly disappointed, Ah well. Perhaps next time then.

====
Anything else the group wants to do today? Otherwise we can close the day up and i'll present xp.

I still havent heard anything conclusive from Sol or Stik regarding the game.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, cast/renew the armour spell on Linar.
If not yet used, cast CLW on himself.
Practice speaking & try to learn more Common whilst otherwise resting.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

“We have an agreement or meet. We should head back tomorrow of risk delaying that meeting. Linar if I may receive a cure in the morning, I would feel less vulnerable((please don’t roll another 1!) and we can continuing recuperating on the road.”
Ausie

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Still no word conclusive word from sol or stik. Ausie,manything else for garroth today? Otherwise i'll close the game day and calculate xp]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

[Good with that.]

======
Ausie: Linar only gets one CLW per day and is planning to alternate. Garoth had it today though. Linar is currently on 2HP.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

(Yep. I gave Sol a heads up last week, but he must not have been able to get over here..)
Ausie

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The remainder of the day passes easily; the citizens of the newly experienced town altogether very accepting and almost indifferent to the atypical adventurers' races. The markets prove to have a wealth of necessities, and few luxuries. One gets the inescapable sense that this place could survive months, even years of war, without life changing much at all.

That evening the Lord of the keep and Steward of the city itself, one Sir Albrecht Ulbert and cousin to the late King, meets briefly with them to thank the group personally for their rescue of the citizens. He informs them that a troop will be off within the week to investigate the caves based on the location Eariel provided, and determine what action can be taken regarding the rest. He also awards them a sum of 50 gold each, in further thanks for their aid, and an invitation to return to Bordertown whenever they wish.

The night concludes with celebration and drinking, attended by some of those rescued, family members, and Eariel, Hew and Tag.

The dawn comes early as the group rouses, restful night having worn away the weariness of the road and injury.

====
I'll finish and post personal and group xp in each player's thread this weekend