Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Squirrellord
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre

Post by Squirrellord »

Not comfortable on the ground exposed, Jordek finds a nearby tree suitable to his purposes. Climbing swiftly, he pauses and calls down "second watch is mine" and continues up to find a suitable place to rest.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre

Post by TristenC »

The “Wild Ones” seemed to be living up to their name, at least with all the partying they have done. I realize there was precious little combat action in this last scene, but the game is intended to be a balance between rp, combat and dungeoneering; and the last scene was heavy on combat. That said, I went a little farther than I usually would with it this time in the interest of getting the freed prisoners home and keeping the world flavor as rich as possible. Still, in reward-terms there won’t be much of a difference, as I try to balance xp rewards evenly through those areas as well. After all, it is a ‘role playing’ game. ;) Katten went off on her own almost immediately, so her xp will be presented elsewhere.

I also award a small amount of xp for new communities discovered (the amount based on their size/importance). This may seem odd, but communities are often a good place to open up new opportunities (rumors, items, jobs, quests, rest, training, etc). My thought is that, for a character (and player really), experiencing a new community helps them understand how it fits in the world at large. In a way, it can help them better understand how they as a character fit within that world as well. For this reason I feel that experiencing new places adds culture and knowledge, and so I award a small amount of xp for checking out new communities. That said, the intent is not to go traipsing about trying to dig up every minor Halfling village between here and the Barren Lands for the tiny xp it gives ;) [not that I think anyone would, but you never can tell] The elven camp was not listed in the communities, because it no longer exists, as they have moved on.

Katten split from the group almost immediatley, her xp will be handled separately in her private thread; as will all of the solo xp. The portion below just takes up group xp and will be listed as such in solo threads when I post it there. Once again, apologies for delays... that seems to be becoming a habit with me :/

Group A Rewards:
Story XP: 280

Returned captives to their homes: [7x15 xp] = 105 xp each player
Arac, Dillosel, Fiz, Galegenoh, Indendien, Pinas

New communities (Minor) Cloverdale, Rainbow Hall, Galegenoh’s Camp, Misan [25x4] => 100 each
(Halfling, Gnomish, Tribal humans, High Elven)

Meeting Asani and protecting her from undead threat. Delivering the Acorn. 75 xp each

Combat xp:
3 small animal skeletons, one larger (65 x3 + 175) = 370/ (Jordek, Elden, Nocturno, Indendien, Asani) = 74 each

Group A xp = 354 each