Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Chris1234 »

Nocturno wrote:Ok, so Human Cleric and Tiefling Warlock so far right?
correct so far..
Jenara wrote:I was thinking Leria? Possibly.Mask, but Leria seems to fit the Chr I'm imagining.
She's quiet and reserved, I'll probably drop a level of Illusionist at some point as well as thief.

Works for the thieves guild called the "Rose", the guild is well connected with considerable support, possibly a noble but no one is sure. She's human, average height, slim build and very quiet. When she speaks it's to say something she feels is important.

I'm thinking Neutral with some CG tendencies, she believes in taking what others have if they don't deserve it.
Two goddesses have somewhat similar names:
Lliira (CG), known as Our Lady of Joy, Mistress of Revels and the Joybringer, is the Goddess of joy, happiness, dance, festivals, freedom and liberty.

Leira (CN), known as The Lady of Deception, The Lady of the Mists, The Mistshadow, The Guardian of Liars, is the goddess of deception and illusions and patroness of illusionists and liars. She is widely believed to have been slain by Cyric in 1358 DR.

N or CG would be fine for Leira, CG for LLiira, or N for Mask.

Main Temples in Waterdeep:
Gond, Lathander, Mielikki, Mystra, Oghma, Selûne, Silvanus, Sune, Tempus, Tymora & Tyr plus a large temple known as the Plinth, open to all faiths.

Additionally there are shrines to Chauntea, Lliira, Sharess* & Siamorphe*; (*local divinities).

Secret temples and hidden shrines are believed to exist for Auril, Cyric, Shar, Talona**, Umberlee & a wide variety of the Beast Cults, including the Cult of the Dragon.
[**Although the faith of Talona is considered misguided or bad, it does not mean small groups of lay followers cannot practice their personal faith, but the building of a public house of worship to her is forbidden in Waterdeep. It is also illegal to form a public priesthood dedicated to her.]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Ok, I am currently recruiting the folks from me RL 5E game to see if we can fill out the party lol.

We all want to learn the system more, which it sounds like we all would be doing together a bit.

SquirrelLord would be one, then two other folks. (We have a 4 person playgroup at the moment.)

I will let you know by the weekend if any of them want to join.

Going to try and have a Friday night character making session.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sure, sounds good. Thx Noct.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

lol so reading the char creation..

I can't use my extra special bond with Unseen Servant to get my ultra high multi 18 rolls lol...

1 friend is not in. So I might still have Squirrel and another.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Ok, thanks
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sue Breadson will be from the Trade District.

If you are a Johnny Cash fan.... you might understand Sue Breadson's name and backstory lol.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Life ain't easy for...

So what is Sue's class/occupation?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Paladin, half elf. Probably following the Vengence path... as per the song lol.

He was given the sur name Breadson after his father left him with a baker so he could make a decent life of his own. Well, he grew up quick and he grew up mean
His fist got hard and his wits got keen.

But he got stuck with the Moniker Sue as requested by his father, cause he knew Sue would have to get tough or die!

So, I am going to have to try and quote the song when I can when Sue is talking, cause that song is a goldmine.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lol. Kickin' and a-gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer ;)

Paladin of vengance? Ruh-roh.
ummm... which Tenent...?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

To be cooperating at start of game would need a level of rationisation in the backstory, maybe 'on patrols' could account for Trade mixing significantly with Docks..
Or else do it in game, but in a city of 200k people meeting up randomly may take a while.
What I won't be doing is forcing PCs into contact.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I don't think I want to have a history. But I can certainly leave you a hook for introduction in my story.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OK, thanks. DO whatever you're happy with.
But a "why you're in Waterdeep" and "What, if anything, you're trying to achieve" would be helpful.
Such info can remain private if you wish.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Maps location updated (apart from South Ward).
And got the first pair of PCs up and running. Ready for the next..

If any of you are struggling for time (or through system unfamiliarity) I'm happy to help put together char sheets. But back stories are owned by the player. :)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Currently in an area where reception and data rate are poor. Should be back midweek and will progress Waterdeep then. Sorry for the delay..
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Consensus on the spillage noted and deleted. Thanks for the feedback.