Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Darkest Hour

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima listens to try and hear about what went on in the market square.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[sorry for the delay. work has been bonkers and spent the weekend helping family with stuff]

=retrofit=
Sleep? I'm going back to my room at the inn...
=/retro=

Walking into the inn, Grubnick catches a bit of the talk and listens intently.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gobax and Shima (High Hand Inn)
Everyone's talking over each other, just about; something about an execution and the Hero of Haven. There's a lot of speaking, but not much listening. There's also an undercurrent of fear in people's voices. Gobax gets the feeling everyone is just talking to mask that fear.

When Green Tears spots him, she waves him over. "Someone was here looking for you earlier. The young elf mage." She glances to Shima. "Mentioned the dwarf here owed him money. Anyway, said he could be found at the mageware shop before curfew, although it's probably too late now. Curfew is about to go into affect."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Norris... he doesn't like us a lot, for putting you in danger I believe. I bet he has much worse attitude towards the prefect. Anyway it will be good to have him besides you. He loves deeply." Tulbas smiles. "Look..." he catches Kendra's eyes and speak seriously, "I know it is difficult to cope with. Can you go by the mageware on your way to work tomorrow morning? It would be nice to exchange few words. Whatever goes in your mind, please remember my face telling you it is not your fault." he looks at her a bit longer and then stands up, "So these herbs should help you sleep better and will ease your mind and excitements about the events of the day. I must be off now. I'm sorry you suffer and I sympathies with you. Let's talk more tomorrow." Tulbas knows he did what possible. It is really mostly up to Kendra to deal with her issues. He opens the door, smiles politely and goes to the mageware shop to continue making dinner.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick moves over to Green Tears, Thanks. What happened? Everyone is talking but you must have the truth of it by now... he asks.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Unless someone talk to him, Shima will stand around for another 5 or 10 minutes eavesdropping and then head off to bed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll try to make some time before I go to work," Kendra says with a yawn. Once Tulbas leaves, she heads back up to her bedroom to get some rest as the herbs in the tea she was given start to take effect.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You mean you don't know?" asks Green Tears, surprised. "The entire city has been talking about it. Only a handful witnessed it, but word spread to the entire city within the hour. There was a public execution. No forewarning about it at all. The Hero of Haven took the heads of two men. Well, a man and a dwarf, anyway."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima continues listening, especially at the mention of a dwarf being killed.
Outcast or no, blood was still important.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

NO! I thought I had more time! Delharn! could it be it isn't him...?! It has to be... Executed!? Grubnick says, knowing he can't hide his shock and surprise. Who were they? What did they get executed for?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Nobody seems to know their names," Green Tears answers. "Everyone I've spoken to who actually witnessed it says the same thing--the Hero never gave their names, only the crimes they were being executed for. The dwarf, she said, was the cleric who attacked the marketsquare twice. If that's true, I'm sure nobody is sorry to see him go. The human is a more interesting case. He was apparently guilty of attacking the prefect. This one is odd, because nobody knows of any such attack. When did it happen? Nobody has been able to identify the man just yet. But he gave a disturbing speech at the end, saying the Hero of Haven was no hero at all, but just a pawn for evil. She cut off his head before he finished, but...the whole thing was just fishy. A man executed in public for a crime nobody witnessed, without any kind of trial."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas goes straight to the mageware shop and continues with preparing dinner. 'Kendra is a mess...' he thinks to himself. 'I hope she will snap out of it.' After adding some spices to the soup and meat he arranges the table for two and then goes to the library to read until his master will arrive.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
Tulbas hears the front door open and close, signifying that Magnus has returned. He also hears the telltale spellcasting as Magnus seals and wards the front door with traps for the night.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas returns the book to the shelf and goes to greet Magnus. "Dinner is ready." he says and waits for Magnus to go to the kitchen then he serves the meal and wait to see if Magnus will share updates from his meetings.

======================================================
(OOC: Can you remind me whom did Magnus said he is going to meet? It was the high priestess and someone else? The prefect?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
"Good," Magnus says. He sits down at the table and waits to be served. In the distance, the bell rings to alert everyone that curfew is now in effect. "Looks like I made it just in time."

(OOC: Just the prefect. He never mentioned the high priestess.)