Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 14: Darkest Hour

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 14: Darkest Hour

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I haven't been her for a long time," Kendra says as Sadron departs. She listens to his descending footsteps before she finally lays down and curls up in her bed.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Gobax bashes the only remaining opponent again.

===
lol, Bish. gobax prefers 'rat on a stick' to rat stew. ;)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Synclair (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
Kendra lies in bed, alone, in complete silence.

Tulbas Erogund (High Hand Inn)
Cassandra agrees to deliver Tulbas' message when Haahqae returns for the evening.

He then heads for the High Hand speaks with the elderly plainswoman that runs the place. "Yes, he was here this morning. Had breakfast with another guest, a shady looking dwarf, dressed in all black leather. They left together and haven't returned yet."

(OOC: It's possible. It's currently 6 PM and curfew is at 8 PM. Remember, time passes in this game based on the page count, so it will be 7 PM on page 24 and 8 PM on page 26, and so on. And no, unseen servants only obey the wizard who conjured them, nobody else.)

Gobax and Shima (West Haven Sewers)
Gobax gives the rat one more solid punch with his shield, cracking its skull open and ending its miserable life. The sewer becomes quiet again, save for the heavy breathing of the two companions.

===============

Initiative
Gobax (1d10+3): 4+3 = 7
Shima (1d10+4): 10+4 = 14
Giant Rat 02 (1d10+3): 5+3 = 8

Round 8!

Gobax shield punches Giant Rat 02 with his small shield [TH 11] (1d20): 17, hit for (1d3): 2 damage. Giant Rat 02 dies.
Giant Rat 02 is dead.
Shima has no targets.

(OOC: End combat.)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well done! Good to keep moving?" says Shima.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Whew. All that figting made me hungry... The goblin eyes the sewer rats and looks to the dwarf a moment. You gonna eat that? he asks in obvious jest. Say, what time is it anyway?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Battered rat? All yours! Fill your boots," answers the dwarf. "No idea about the time."
He starts to press ahead.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Gobax grins sidelong at the Dwarf, not sure if he realized it was a joke.

[Jaded: Did we get a chance to finish searching the dead-end fully for secret doors? I forget.]

[If not] Hey, we should finish checking out that dead end. I just cant imagine it leads absolutely nowhere...

[If so] Well we need to find some way to check soon. We don't want to be out after Curfew.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The dwarf smiles but clearly is just being polite, "Ok if that's what you want to do, why not?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

With the rats dead, they look to the north and find another dead end. It's strange to find so many in these sewers, it's as if they were designed with no particular plan in mind.

(OOC: Yes, we agreed that Gobax had enough time to search it thoroughly before.)
Attachments
West Haven Sewers 02.jpg
West Haven Sewers 02.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 9270 times
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ok, thanks]

Gobax searches quickly the new dead-end for a momemt becore following the Dwarf. well, we need to find some way to check soon so we aren't caught out after curfew.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

How long 'til curfew does Shima think it is?
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Yes, I've seen this dwarf before. Even lend him some money since he was about to starve. He forgot to return it back though... Well, when one of them or both return can you please tell them I, Tulbas, returned and looking for them and that they can find me at the mageware shop either at early morning or close to curfew hour?" After that he looks around the bar, order ale and ask the plains woman, "I haven't been here in the last two weeks. What are the news? How b.. hmm.. is the... new city prefect... mmm.. managing?" Tulbas asks almost stumbles with his words and showing his objection to the occupation.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tulbas Erogund (High Hand Inn)
"I'll let them know," the plainswoman says. "As for the city, you haven't missed much. Word is the army has swept south and taken the dwarven lands and have moved on to besieging Thorbardin. As for local news, probably the most interesting thing I've heard was today. Supposedly, a couple of hours ago, the prefect held a sudden execution. Nobody had known about it beforehand. Two men were executed by the Hero of Haven; the dwarf who was responsible for the elemental attack on the marketsquare and a human who was said to have tried to attack the prefect himself. It's all anyone is talking about now."

Gobax searches the deadend but doesn't find anything unusual about it. No secret doors or switches can be found.

Shima would guess they probably have less than two hours at this point before curfew goes into effect.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"About another couple of hours. We can do a bit more, I think," answers Shima belatedly.
He turns and picks up the sling stones, then passing them to Gobax.

Hefting the club, Shima pushes on to the next significant choice of direction in the sewer, choosing south and then west as preferences.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Gobax nods, pockets the stones (except one he keeps ready) and follows.