Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

WotL OOC Thread IV

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

Haahque
Knight
Knight
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: WotL OOC Thread IV

Post by Haahque »

Well Dex is one of Haahqae's few strengths; and I typically like to use the not-do-the-same-thing-every-round option when there's a decent option for improvisation with a fair success chance.

I'm just imagining that it can't be too difficult to hit something like a Baaz while they're climbing stairs (difficult to dodge on stairs) with something as big and heavy as a suit of armor (if I can throw it properly anyways). That might send them tumbling down the stairs again for a possible loss of actions or extra damage... (fully theorizing here).

So I think I'll try it.
Besides, it'll help remove the encumbrance.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Just waiting on Tristen's and Bishgada's posts before resolving the current round.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

How tall is the balcony; and how much falling damage would jumping off it entail?
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ten feet high, so about 1d6 fall damage.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Just waiting on Tristen's and Bishgada's posts before resolving the current round.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

The darkness in the room beyond; is it a wall of darkness like magical darkness; or does the light from the hallway pour into the dark room a bit; and if so can Haahqae see anything inside the room?

(I'm pretty sure Haahqae's infravision requires the darkness to not be magical in nature as well as for him to be in darkness to work right?)
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It's not magical darkness, no. If someone looks inside, they might be able to see something with infravision or the light from William's sword.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

I'll be gone for about a week. In the next couple of posts Haahqae plans to sneak into the room with his infravision and detect any noticeable threats. If possible he'll sneak attack/backstab the prefect with his sabre.
Veni Vidi Vici
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

As a note; I had fully intended for Haahqae to remain under the bed as he pulled the covers off of it. "reach up and pull at the blanket" did not, in this case, imply getting up/out unless the blanket was so high up that it required him to do so.

In any case; score. 7 levels in and Haahqae has finally pulled off a backstab; and it scored a kill no less! (or did he get one in the mines back near the start? I think he mostly stayed at range back then, and not enough sneaking for a sneak attack).

Now is mostly time to hope our NPC's still have enough power to take on 8 baaz and an administrator.
Veni Vidi Vici
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by BishGada »

==================================================
(OOC: Is it possible to enter the room without exposing to the gas? Is it possible to hold the breath knowing the gas is there while Tulbas is currently out of the cloud? Also, is it possible to go around the gas to get sight of Tethys and cast magic missile at Tethys on the same round?)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

In response to Tulbas's OoC questions: I imagine getting through the gas should be possible if he gets something of the equivalent of a gas mask; I'm not sure what the ruling on holding one's breath is.

In terms of getting around it; it looks like it's solidly covering the stairs; so getting around would involve jumping off a 10ft balcony; then climbing up a 10ft balcony on the other side. Certainly not an impossible task; especially with available rope or magic. Something that lets him levitate across would make it trivial. Or climbing across the ceiling (if it's stronger there). Unfortunately I think it's too far/not high enough to be swung across swashbuckler style (would crash into the floor).

One other method worth considering is dispersing the cloud. I know in later editions there's a spell called "gust of wind" which disperses cloud spells pretty quickly and is low level itself. I think most cloud spells disperse faster if there is wind, but creating wind indoors would take some doing if you don't have the proper magic to help out.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Getting through the cloud without breathing any in is what the saving throw vs. poison is for. If you pass, then you did it. If you fail, then you accidentally breathed some in.

Haahqae covers the rest of it. You would either need to climb down the balcony, then move around the stairs and climb up the other side (which will take a few rounds), or levitate/fly across, or use Gust of Wind or something similar to disperse the cloud, or just wait a few rounds for it to thin out on its own.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Hmm; I guess the baaz were a bit more weary then I thought. Haahqae's killing the baaz was completely silent, and I thought they were engrossed in seeing what was happening across the room and/or outside the door with the actual fight; not what was going on behind them. But; I didn't totally not expect them to see Haahqae; that's why I scouted out an escape route before killing the baaz.

Up the hole it is!
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

They were also keeping an eye on their lord, behind them, who they are trying to protect.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Re: CH. 16 - Resistance

Post by BishGada »

=====================================
(OOC: Can the gas be burnt by flame and thus be gone in one round?)