Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Idrys Stormcrow

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

spike
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Idrys Stormcrow

Post by spike »

The ogre says to Idrys 'No, you're no fool I suspect. I did not know you were a dhampir until only a moment ago, never met any your kind fore but heard many tales. I'm not from around these lands, I hail from the far east. I came here tracking missing young girls, some villagers paid me a sizable fortune for an easy task. This old treacherous man has been kidnapping, torturing, and even eating young girls. There was a hidden dungeon beneath the barn outside, where he kept the girls and impregnated some of them I believe. I'll give you half the reward if you take him back to Griffon's Eyrie and permit me to dwell here in peace. It is a good guise to study, spy on these lands and discover the strange customs of the Westernese.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Idrys Stormcrow

Post by Chris1234 »

"I've not met your sort either. Didn't know that ogres cast spells; that usual?" replies Idrys, studying the stranger.
Relaxed but still on guard, he adds, "Need you to fill in some gaps. Just how did villagers contact you in the far east? Why were you pretending to be a woman??

======
{OOC: WOuld Idrys know why the man should be taken to Griffon's Eyrie? What is it, exactly?
}
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The ogre said 'Yes, it tis unsual, for I'm an Ogre magi, and hail from the eastern lands. Villagers not contact me, they found me in Griffon's Eyrie in disguise as a sellsword mercenary, hired me to track down who was responsible for kidnapping their children in the night. This man was one, he plays with them before eats them. He was eating them with his crazy wife, who attacked me. I had to kill her, she was crazy hummie' he looked at you for a moment, 'pretend to be woman to avoid notice, why you thinks? Go around in my true form and have mob of angry people after me?" he said, letting the simple logic sink in. Then he said 'This man though, he not do these bad things by himself, someone else teaches him, instructs him, put thought seeds into brain, enchantment I believe. He had too many in his secret prison, I freed them already. If you return this wretch you gain reward. Me no wants, no needs'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"So why should this man go to Griffin' s Eyrie? And why were you there?"

(What is Griffin's Eyrie?)
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Griffon's Eyrie is the hamlet you're taking Voraina's sister to, 1 hr north of Harby.

Ogre mage: 'he's responsible for kidnapping children of the townfolk there, they offered reward. You return him and collect reward for his capture. Coin is yours, easy money. This puts you in good disposition toward you. And as such, that can yield more reward, the folk have knowledge and secrets, they have work for one such as you also'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I'm not a great seeker of money but I'm willing to take him for you. But I do know an arcane caster, someone I trust, that might be interested if you wanted to swap spells," replies Idrys. "Apart from the obvious, what do you get out of this? What is it that you're spying out and and why?"

As an afterthought he adds, "Any names or contacts in Griffin's Eyrie come to mind?"
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Ogre mage: 'coin aside, you stand to gain some honor. And the loves of small town folk is not as easily forgotten as in larger cities' he smirked revealing rows of sharp teeth 'I spy for the sake of spying, as I already mentioned I hail from the eastern lands and the west is quite different, and all is new. The same effect would befall you if you were to visit the lands I hail from, where everything would be most peculiar, sinister, and vexing to one such as you. I see you carry the blade, you are a samurai? Ninja? The warriors of my world are very formidable, deadly, treacherous. '
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys shrugs, "I kill what needs killing and leave what doesn't."

"We can talk about blades when we meet again. But now I must be going." Unless there's anything else, Idrys leaves with the prisoner, pulling him along at a jog.
I the man can't keep up, Idrys will throw the man over shoulder, taking care that the hands can't reach his weapons, and then pushes on to catch up with Drusilla.

It carrying the man is heavy going, the assassin alternates jogging for 5 minutes and then walking (pulling the man along on his own two feet) for the same time.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Ahead, Idrys observed that his spectral vision was able to 'bend' around corners and behind trees, foliage, and other cover, yet his extruded vision was able to zoom in far away places (up to 200 ft).

The present road wound at a upward incline that snaked around a craggy mountainside, where you came upon a family home hewn out of a small grotto. The family that dwelt in this dwelling were tea farmers and offered you mushroom tea, hibiscus tea, lemon ginger, and lime leaf. They were hospitable and kind and provide you with sweet bread, fish, and cake to eat.

After gaining directions from them you learn that Griffon's Eyrie is just ten minute hike along a narrow winding road, and there crowning a cliff was the hamlet, a series of thatch roof homesteads, cave dwellings, and other sorts of structures. As you drew close, two unarmored men carrying spears challenged 'who goes there? Identify yourselves!' after Drusilla spoke, the men bowed their heads in reverence 'go right ahead, priestess' they spoke and muttered words of apology.
o's
Griffon's Eyrie

As you enter the hamlet, you see the people going about their daily tasks with exuberance and bright smiles. Children play excitedly in the street, and a small throng of them surround Idrys and marvel at him, 'I bet he's a killer!' some boys say wild eyed, marveling at his swords. You pass a smith's shop and a small but quaint looking Inn, a stable, and a general store. Until finally you reach a grandiose looking home which looks to be the hall of the town council. Drusilla leads you inside and talks to some people, when a steely eyed man perhaps a few years shy of you in age greeted her. He had brown hair and cat-green eyes, and greeted Drusilla as mother. She seemed to be teary eyed and caressed the young mans cheek, yet he seemed to wince and bristle under the affectionate gesture. 'What the hell are you doing here?' he asked irately while fletching an arrow.

'bringing this one in' she pointed to the old man, 'he's the one responsible for all the abductions that transpired here'

The young man's narrow eyes widened, 'in the bounty hunting business now? Last I saw you you were off on some wild crusade to crush a rebellion of artistes, and now you're capturing criminals for coin. Whose he?' (indicating you), 'your bodyguard? You in some trouble then?'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Lady Drusilla, perhaps some introductions are in order between this Gentleman and myself," suggests Idrys with the faintest a stressing on the words 'Lady' and 'Gentleman', intesded as the gentlest of rebukes to remember one's manners.
He retains a watch on the prisoner.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

'My son, Jason Hawkeye. That's Idrys, play nice' Drusilla said, introducing you. The young man smirked with a cross look of impertinence. He feigned firing his bow your way, though there was no arrow knocked, 'What good's a swordsman but a pin cushion for a master of archery?' he asked sarcastically, then chuckled, 'oh, yer a serious type eh? Woooooooo' he chided whether in jest or seriousness you weren't terribly certain. He came up to you and clasped you on the shoulder saying 'tell ya what, make ya a fair trade, I'l give ya a lesson in archery, you give me one in swordplay. Say in ten minutes, at the gardenia of Light' he said with a gleam in his eye. 'Also, just to sweeten the deal, if I like what you have to teach me I'll tell you about something I recently discovered, but only if your skill impresses me'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"And the prisoner?" replies Idrys. "What of him? He is the cause of many parents' distress."
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Jason: 'give him to my mother, she can deal with that trash. I'm sure Bentos will want to go through the usual official trial bit, which is a complete waste of time. Question is whether it'll be the noose, but I think they'll actually get creative and flay him on the stake for the dogs to pick apart. Fancy execution. Now, come along sword boy, let's see if you're any good with those blades, and you'll learn something from me that's for certain!'

He guides you to a beautiful, breath taking park overlooking a cliff that is some 400 ft above ground, and below is a wide rather large lake.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys shrugs to Jason, "It's of little consequence to me as to what happens to him."
He looks across at Drusilla, "And what about the cousin that we're looking after?"

After hearing Drusilla's reply, Idrys asks Jason,"So, what did you wish to show me?"
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Drusilla: "Voraina's cousin will stay in Jason's cottage, I'm sure he can babysit her just fine. Son, I'm sure even you can manage that much without coin'

Later, Jason pulls his bow and knocks 4 arrows, firing them through a hole in a wooden fence. He leads you to the spot, and shows you the four arrows that struck a single target behind the fence, 'as you can see, my marksmanship is quite impressive. But I never quite picked up on sword skills, there aint any in these parts that are gifted with the blade. I mean, beyond the ordinary feint and thrust, slash, and such. However I'm one of the very best archer's in all the land, even elves are impressed with my talents' he explained, then after he confided 'If you teach me some new tricks, I'll reveal to you that secret I hinted at. What you do with it is entirely up to you, but even I'm not cut out for that type of adventure, mother would strangle me. She already hates it that I'm going on patrol. Maybe you can talk to her about letting up, she thinks I'll turn out like father and go disappear in a distant realm half way across Scarlor somewhere'