Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "To Skald" (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

"Thats quite Beautiful, perhaps we could go past? I would like to take a look, if I may?" The bard asks with some enthusiasm, the music lifting her soul.. yet what of the Man they just met? Her spells barely managed to kill him. Damn, it was days like this she missed Yasir.

"Could... could it be a singer?" She asks Adrastia.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Upper Skald, the hill:Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Adrastia shrugs, but Elsa seems more enthusiastic. As they approach the sight and sounds of the building become more distinct. The front of the structure is lined with redstone columns carved with depictions of men and women playing various instruments up the entire length. At the ends green malachite makes up the caps and bases, gilded in spots to resemble leaves.

The music Mira hears isn't simply a single instrument or voice, it proves to be the sounds of various performers practicing carrying through the tall narrow windows on the upper floors. Some of them are quite good, others less skilled than Mira herself. None of the ones audible at the moment come close to any of the masters she has heard perform in Harmonia. The walls of the building and what little she can see from inside is quite elaborate... almost to the point of opulence in some areas. The sign above the door proclaims it The Grand Hall of Song and Dance. [Area GH to be added soon]

Lower Skald, The Stone: Jerry and Merrick
After Jerry's introduction Merrick follows suit. My name is Merrick, umm... I'm Serath's cousin. glancing to Jerry he says, We've never met, he's probably just stricken by the resemblance.

The man nods, Ah, I see... a cousin eh? he says, a little oddly. Welcome. I am Germaine, and this is The Stone. Jerry browses a bit, then makes her request for the reference material. Crowns? No... I don't think I have anything quite like that. You say it is 'special' in some way? I have some texts on obscure artifacts and magical objects lost to mist and legend. Perhaps something in there?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thank you, Germaine, I hope so. It might not even be an item; it may be a place. But I shall peruse," responds Jerry with a smile, nod and curtsy. "If there are any things the you're on the lookout for, if you want to give me a list we'd be more than happy to keep a look out for them. Or if you have any 'special texts' that need translating, maybe I could help a little with that."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Grand Hall of Song?" Whistling to herself the Bard strides towards listening to each song in turn, forgetting for a moment she was not alone. "Sorry, Elsa you must understand this place to me is Iike meal we just ate.. These people actually revere the thing I hold dear."

Is there anyone who isn't playing who isnt playing or singing?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Upper Skald, the hill: Adrastia, Elsa, Mira and Pyros
Most of the music is coming from inside the building, the sound travelling through slightly open windows. Most of what Mira hears is obviously practice, and some of it isn’t bad. The majority seem less skilled than those of the Harmonic hall, however. The bard does find several people walking by or taking their leisure outside who are not playing or singing.

There is a long silence as he looks at Jerry, completely without expression. I have no need of translations, but if you want to use the reference materials it is one silver per hour. If you decide you’re looking for a place instead, you will have to give me more to go on before I can make a recommendation.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Let's start with the reference materials, please, assuming it's an physical item," replies Jerry, and hands him one silver for starters. "If I run over the hour, I can settle either as we go along or at the end, whichever suits you best."
She gets ready to do some research with Merrick.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Greetings." Mira approaches the largest group. "Isn't it lovely?" She asks with a welcoming smile, "I was looking for whoever was in charge..? I'm visiting, have you heard of The Red Gypsy..?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The largest group is a cluster of adolescents. Most of them move along as she approaches, but one young girl of no more than 14 summers with short dark hair stays. She tilts her head as the bard speaks, You have a strange accent. she replies abruptly. The music? They're ok I guess... they always talk about being the best, but I've been to the festivals in Harmonia. The musicians here don't like to admit it, but the Harmonic Hall is better.

A couple of passers by shoot the girl haughty looks at the last remark but she ignores them blatantly. Red Gypsy... oh! You're that outlander who started playing. I've heard people talk about you... but why are you in Skald? Harmonia is so much better. I can't wait to get out of here.

Adrastia smirks at the girl's straightforward manner.

As we go works best. The shopkeep says, setting the reference materials on the counter and indicating the table to the side of the room. Merrick carries Jerry's books for her and they begin to look through the materials once paid.

[how long does the pair want to study for? I think it is 2 hrs before they meet the others. there is a small time disparity between the two groups at the moment]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Everyone has talent in a way. I'm sure you have your own." She gives a friendly smile and takes the girls comments in her stride. "I've been to the Hall too, and yes the players are good, very good in fact, but I always look to fInd different styles, or new songs."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry nods and then smiles at Merrick, grateful for the help and also grateful for just having Merrick.

She bends down to the task at hand, and gives another sp to Germaine after an hour and then asks, "Excuse me, Germaine, but would you have a place where I can, ugh, 'powder my nose'?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros fidgets in the background.

Looking around to see anything interesting.

Puzzle Try(Wis 10): [1d20] = 15
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The girl seems undeterred in her views about it, but shrugs. She spots Pyros in the back fidgeting and takes a long look at him. What is he? He's not human... she says flat-out. A few passers by turn and look abruptly before continuing on, perhaps a little faster than before.

Pyros looks around and notes the girl seems to be talking about him... he also notes one of the windows on the ground floor that does not have music coming through it is opened just a crack...

Jerry and Merrick continue their search for a while [2 Wis checks from Jerry pls]

At the request, the shopkeep frowns. No... If you need that you should try one of the taverns nearby.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks," grimaces Jerry. "We'll just keep on then."

======
Wis check TN14 [1d20] = 14, [1d20] = 11
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros quickly looks at Mira, then Elsa, the draw of the window can't be resisted.

He will go look in.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And why would you say that?" Mira asks without denying or confirming the accusation, her attention on the Girl she doesn't notice what Pyros is doing after he is mentioned. "If he was, I doubt he is the only one, things appear to be hidden in plain sight here." Ignoring the faces, she was getting used to them now, after all those faces were similar to the more affluent people back home.

Borderlands 3 - Navi