Scouting in the Goblin Outpost [Garroth and Linar]

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Scouting in the Goblin Outpost [Garroth and Linar]

Post by TristenC »

Garroth squeezes through the passage leading south from the main entrance to the cavern in the Goblin Outpost. The drow Linar following silently behind him. They pass a pair of small crevices in the wall to the right, which Linar feels he might just be able to squeeze his unarmored form through if he had a mind to. Garroth continues south and westward as quietly as he can, though the drow can tell the Minotaur is making far more noise than he suspects.

The passage quickly opens up into a small natural cavern with a large limestone column rises from the floor to the 9' ceiling. The smell is stronger here, and bits of trash and discarded hide lie about. This is possibly a highly trafficked area, but the openings moves off to the west, north and south...

====
when 2 are sneaking together, one can alert the other if he fails his move-silent or hide-in-shadow check.

The upper right corner leads back to the main entrance
Attachments
tmp_12329-_20170223_085309336678061.JPG
tmp_12329-_20170223_085309336678061.JPG (107.3 KiB) Viewed 18175 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Scouting in the Goblin Outpost [Garroth and Linar]

Post by Chris1234 »

On hearing the mobile ironmonger approaching from behind, Linar whispers in Garroth's ear, "Psst! Wait!"
Assuming the large fellow stops, he continues quietly, "Think they've got a plan. We should go listen. And if Van keeps shooting off at the mouth, you going to punch him? He'll get someone, probably a scout, so me, killed before long. Maybe you warn him one more time?"
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

There was a lot of conversation after Garroth left.. all that back and forth... Garroth didn't hang around..
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Garroth will move ahead... Silently snd south west - attempting to hide in shadows of that rock column he can just make out 50' away. Aware that goblins will have infravision and use his hide in shadows accordingly..
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar switches to bow to cover Garoth, then melts into the shadows.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Psst pssst" Nocturno will sigh. "The wretches say their main bulk is this way. We should regroup." He says to noone in particular.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Garroth moves to the southwest, the stench of goblin is stronger here. Suddenly the pair both hear the clink of armor as Nocturno moves up beside the drow and speaks [see above]
Attachments
tmp_27687-Wetrocks Outpost Gar 0336678061.png
tmp_27687-Wetrocks Outpost Gar 0336678061.png (105.67 KiB) Viewed 18140 times
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

(You took Garroth too far - was going to the rock column directly north of where you have him on the
Map. BBut seeing he is where he is will creep along to the opening in the far south on the eastern side.. still trying to be as stealthy as possible... and he does know stealthy ... being elf trained..)
Ausie

Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Unsure if he caught anyones attention he will wait a moment before returning to the rest.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

ausie wrote:(You took Garroth too far - was going to the rock column directly north of where you have him on the
Map. BBut seeing he is where he is will creep along to the opening in the far south on the eastern side.. still trying to be as stealthy as possible... and he does know stealthy ... being elf trained..)
[Ooc: you said he moves 50'. One square is 5'. That column was barely over 20' away so i took your meaning differently.

I know he is trying to be stealthy, the checks are being rolled. It doesn't matter who trained him, his MS is 20%.]
=====

Garroth moves south and eastward, concealing himself behind the columns and peering around the corner and through the gaps. The area appears to open up both eastward (perhaps connecting to the ,branch he searched there) and southward.
Attachments
tmp_16687-_20170224_151229336678061.JPG
tmp_16687-_20170224_151229336678061.JPG (87.65 KiB) Viewed 17920 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Psst! 'S'me!" whispers Linar to Nocturno. "What's'up?"
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

(My bad... I forgot the squares were 5'. I assumed that because I could only see 6 squares that it was the limit of my 60' infravision. )

Garroth will keep pressing east and then see if it does indeed join up then approach the other two Linar and Nocturno from the south.

Nostrils and eyes peeled. (Don't forget Thoreau who probably has better hearing.)
Ausie

Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

All the drow hears is the clinking armour going to rejoin the group. [OoC: lol, from the map it appears he took off. But I'm sure you heard him]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar moves about 20' west so as to be able to look up the passage way to the NW and, if no foes visible and nothing untoward, then follow the west wall moving south and having a peer through and gaps to the west en route.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Linar realizes the passage NW is the same as the SE passage he came across when first scouting ahead. Tight against one corner he spots something he missed before... a large battered kite shield hangs from a tripod, a wooden club lying next to it. He even spots a couple of the dead goblins.