Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "Through the Undergrowth" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

ausie
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)

Post by ausie »

{yes - I thought it a bad idea too.. But Katten thought it a good idea for both groups to be accompanied.. and in character, I think she is right. . I think we should fast track until we get to the return point or we could become separate for some time..}
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

=====
[I'm not worried about handling 2 groups. We can make the travel fairly quick, though there might be some unexpected encounters along the way...

Group 1 [2 Wild elves, 3 halflings, Gnome, tribal human] heading to wild elf tribe, then north beyond pit to various places
-Katten,
-Nocturno
-Jordek
-

Group 2 [Eariel, Hew, Tag, human borderland civilians] Heading to bordertown
-Garroth
-Linar
-

Boyd, and Vanidur?
Havent heard from sol in a couple weeks here. I'm thinking Van would go with his friend Garroth, but i'd like him to decide if possible.
Boyd has mentioned going to sell furs, and Bordertown is the most likely bet for that
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Agreed. I'll pm sol and ask if if he's still going to be playing.
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Fair enough then. The elf only needs 4 hours rest, so can study in the evenings.
Garoth might need to 'tough it out' to get the same extracurricular study time..

@Tristen - ignoring (unknown) interruptions, can a spell level or two be studied and potentially absorbed/understood (Learning check) over this 4 day journey?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[You can study to see if you can understand them, but not while traveling. You could do it during rest periods like lunch or pit-stops. Or wait until you make camp for the night to study. 10 min/spell level to study. Roll % chance to learn for each; making sure to identify which spell each roll is for.]
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

"Sorry all... I was in the Wizard State. Mental prep... scoring my mind for action and learning. What's all this now? Garroth needs backup? Of course I will lend a hand! Where strength is needed- call for Garroth! Where finesse, conversation, light, a good barb, and dashing good looks are needed- call for Van!!"

Van will gather his things and shake the dust off his shoulders. "How long have I been meditating? Feels like a fortnight..." The spindly elf will stretch and scratch at his side a bit.
Low rolls make things more interesting!
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Bordertown for me. I have some merchandise to sell."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Well, Sol, in addition to finesse, conversation, light, a good barn and dashing good looks do you think you could add versatility?" inquires Linar with a serious expression.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Linar, Garroth, Van and Boyd... That's a good quartet...
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar stares at the pig, somewhat unsure of the creature.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Watch a looking at the pig for?
Ausie

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Van and Boyd make their choices and Elden looks between the two groups. Guess I'll go with the elvish folk. That way we can keep the groups the same size.

With the groups decided, Eariel approaches Garroth. We thank you for offering to guide us. If you can lead us to the road itself, our journey should be swifter and without much trouble. We will probably still be attacked. A band of Orcs near the town has been growing bolder of late.
Eariel Stands at the fore of her group, Hew to one flank near the rear and Tag on the opposite side; with the civilians making a bunch in the center.

The Wild elves move to the edge of the glade with Katten; the small folk not far behind, and Elden and the Tribal Human (named Galegenoh) bringing up the rear. (where would Jordek and Nocturno like to be?)

====
Group 1 [2 Wild elves, 3 halflings, Gnome, tribal human] heading to wild elf tribe, then north beyond pit to various places
-Katten,
-Nocturno
-Jordek
-Elden

Group 2 [Eariel, Hew, Tag, human borderland civilians] Heading to bordertown
-Garroth
-Linar
-Vanidur
-Boyd

Looks like a couple of solid groups to me. Each has a healer, a ranger, a thief, straight fighter and someone who can use arcane magic (although Elden is very limited in what he can cast(.

But what of the LOOT?!

Over the course of the evening the bags of money were counted, and came to 1500 pieces of silver!
Linar also deposited 24 pieces of silver he found on Zag Rek into the bag, along with a mangled wooden statue (Kak had used as a chew toy).
Vanidur also found a Khopesh made of bone with strange druidic markings on it. It did not seem to be magical.
There is also the magical metal rod they found, which is obviously an incomplete magical item. Piece 1 of who knows how many.

*How does the group want to divide the silver?
50 coins weighs 1 lb.

*Who is taking the Bone Khopesh
*Who is taking the magical rod?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Guide them true Bull Man." Katten comments to Garroth, "I will tell the forest of your deeds."

(Equal share of the silver? 250 ish each??)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

Van pipes up,
"I'll carry the rod... Maybe I can have someone in town look at it. Katten, perhaps the wild elves may be helpful with the khopesh?"

If the coin is split equally, 5 pounds of silver will make a fine investment into Van's pursuits. If pure enough he may even consider melting some down for jewelry.
Low rolls make things more interesting!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Me not know Magic.. that rod thing magic." Katten shrugs and ponders the question. "Humans might know, or Elves, wild Elves have magic, City Elves have more."

Katten takes the blade unless anyone suggests otherwise.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi