Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "Through the Undergrowth" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)

Post by Stik »

"Could be he was a stone carver who sees the living rock better than you do. Or he could have been one of my people. We do not much like the underground, if you take my meaning."

"Job one is to get all the flesh off the bone. Boiling the skull helps. If I had my way, I would bury it in a termite mound, but there is not one handy.
"As to what I plan to do with it, well, I have not quite decided yet. I am thinking I might decorate it and sell it to s rich fool. Or I might make a headdress out of it. Looks intimidating, does it not? You see a warrior coming at you with that on top of his head, and it will give you pause, yes?"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten lays back in the water listening to the exchange, her people sometimes collected teeth or possibly bone, but never a skull. The Warg was evil, but it should be buired with respect.

"You no leave bones here. This sacred place, leave as you find... Forest thank you." She comments before diving under the surface.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

After ensuring that Garroth is clean and resting, Linar follows the example set and strips down to his smalls before taking a swim and then 'dances'; (actually the practise Kata for drow sword dancing.)

Later he takes reverie and then does the appropriate things to refresh his spells.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun May 07, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Seeing the others in the water he figures why not.

After the impromptu bath he will redress and rest.

He will then pray to replenish his healing magic.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

After a while, Thoreau (the young Elven cat$ gets up an wanders over to Jordek and rubs against his leg..

"Meow..? Meow..? Meow..? Meow..? Pick me up..? Play with squirrels?" Thoreau asks..
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Tahd? Yes, he was still there a few weeks ago. Didn’t get to see him much, but in passing. None of us were really well, given the circumstances, but he was alive…

Fiz looks a little offended at the Dwarf’s suggestion, I know stone well enough to know when it is or isn’t about to come down on my head. he huffs. He was tall for a dwarf, like you, and kept babbling that the walls were closing in… I haven’t met many ‘surface dwarves’ but since you’re asking I’m guessing that’s what he was. Only he couldn’t get out. They have him chained underground for weeks now with no escape… If he’s really afraid of the underground… that’d be enough to drive anyone bonkers. The gnome finishes sadly.

The Drow joins Katten in the pool, the cool water draining the soreness and exhaustion from him. Slowly he realizes the Felis’ wounds have been completely healed! Soon after, Nocturno joins them in the water; enjoying the same soothing sensation.

====
I thought Katten had used some of the water on herself today, but after looking back I don’t see it
Katten is healed 2d3 [Won’t roll since she only needs 2 hp to be at max and the min is 2] Katten is fully healed [12/12 hps]

Nocturno has used the water today, so no healing at the moment.

[sorry for the delays. Work stuff kicking up]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Water very special. Very special indeed." She comments and kicks back, the vest long since saturated as she swims with abandon. "Only works with each rise of the sun." She explains.

Pulling herself from the water she makes no effort to cover her form, instead the small Feliz grabs her equipment and moves alongside the Wild Elves, then lays back and closes her eyes, her head resting near both females..
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will redress and go sit near Indendien. "Being stuck in a hole like that, this must feel amazing." He will then offer a sword. "Care for some practice to stretch your muscles?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten joins the wild elves, the trio quite comfortable on the natural bed of lush grasses; the Feliz settling in for sleep. Nocturno joins, having dressd but not donned his armor. Indendien makes no secret of looking him over before he sits nearby. Yes, this is a sacred place, she says, obviously enjoyimg the raw natural energy of the place. The underground is no place for our kind... i feel i can... breathe again. She smiles knowingly at him at the ofder of sword practice. Hmm... it has been a long time since i held a sword. I usually prefer the bow. It is best the prey does not know it is in danger until it is too late. She replies with a small smile.

===
Ok. Once we finish out the side-talks i'll close this out and start a new thread. I will be posting individual xp in private threads.

++++++++++++++++
XP

Story XP applies to the entire party whether or not they had a great deal of involvement in acquiring/achieving it, as long as they had some involvement. Those who play a more active role tend to generate a greater degree of individual xp as well (chats with other chars and npcs).

There was a lot of splitting up, scouting and separate combats. Rather than try to go through and parse out xp for each fight, combat xp will be shared equally for all in the dungeon at the time (because everyone contributes and you never really know where the goblins will come from each time and even ‘watching the rear’ is a legitimate task).

I’ll post group xp here, then individual xp in each character’s thread. XP for gold acquired applies only to rogues. Once the money is counted and divided I’ll post that.

Group Rewards:
Story XP:
Wetrocks Outpost cleared: 100 each (+50 pt bonus for doing it in 1 trip) => 150 per PC
Slaves Freed/survived: [12 prisoners x10xp (Trog killed!)] 120 per PC
Acquired Piece of a magical item!: 100 xp [1/??]
Total Story XP=> 370 xp

Monsters:
[Regular Goblins 36x15; Guards 4x15, Shaman 65] (Elden, Gar, Katten, Linar, Noct, Van)
=> 665 split 6-ways = 111 xp each (rounded up that 5/6th of a point ;) )
42 HD worth of foes

[Zag’rek 15 & Kak 120] (Boyd, Elden, Gar, Katten, Linar, Noct, Van)
=> 135 split 7-ways = 19 xp
4 HD worth of foes
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Ha, well we should rest. I'm glad we were able to help you all out of that hell hole."
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

In the morning, Garroth feels much, much better... Still very sore, but he wakes with the sunrise to strip off and enjoy a swim in the water with whomever else is enjoying it. Raised with elves, he is not uncomfortable, nor fascinated by people bathing naturally.

He inspects his several wounds, the worst being from the goblin spear and the warg.. they would leave nice scars... even if magically head from now, the body had already started to heal itself.

After a ginger swim, soaking his scabs in the water, he gets out and drip dries near the fire, still naked and re-memorising his single spell for the day (burning hands). When dry, he dresses in a clean change of robes and sits down for breakfast with everyone, and speaks..

"I found myself burdening you all yesterday after I made an error. I will try to do better in future. The tight confines of the caves frustrated me... all this fighting was going on, and I could not reach it... I felt useless, and my rashness to validate myself almost got me killed."
Ausie

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Don't worry, you did a great job," reassures Linar. "You just need to know that people know that too."
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Gareth heaves out a sigh... "Yeah... maybe... Thanks... .."
Ausie

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Next time perhaps you listen, all play to each Strengths. I take point, I surprise..you all kill." Katten responds thoughtfully, rising from the grass where her small body is snuggled next to Dran.

"But..." She adds raising her hands high and moving to the waters edge. "You fought bravely. Forest knows, water heal only those nwho help the forest. Drink or bathe, water will heal wounds. Make you strong." With that she turns her back on the group, places her vest to the side and proceeds to wash her fur in the cool water.

Dran skips alongside and takes a long drink, the young wolf already looks better.

"Thank you forest. I guard you with my life. May you bring me back in your Glory." She intones as she washes.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With less ceremony Nocturno will stand in the water with this pants rolled up, and will wash his spear wound.