Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Out of Character discussion

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Out of Character discussion

Post by Jenara »

So Katten uses her -6 to suprise to attack, hits them with a flaming arrow and then when they are suprised we kill them, swift and quickly. Yes we probably could take them easily, but why risk it?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Noc is waiting for the surprise attack, then he will try to get in there to stop them from getting to the others. No plans on trying to ruin the surprise.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

TristenC wrote:... those behind must wait until he reaches the open chamber to pass him
Passing a Minotuar would be a real squeeze. And I expect the horns would scratch something awful.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

And typical to form... she misses.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Maybe a laying prone bonus? Thac0 18 though...
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nocturno wrote:[OoC: Possible to squeeze past the leaders to get into the room?]
For those in front of the Minotaur yes. For those behind Garroth, no.

as long as they're not in melee, two medium creatures that are friendly can move past each other in a square.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Chris1234 wrote:Linar moves to unblock the 1' wide passageway. He goes a few feet to his SW, putting him due S of the most N goblin and E of the most S goblin and let's fly with a cloud spray getting as many foe as possible prioritising from the left/West (ie nearest the gong.) The 5'x5'x20' wedge may get all of them..
The range for the spell is 0, meaning it originates from the caster's body.
1 square on the map is 5 feet, so a 5x20x20 would be 1 square wide next to Linar, 4 squares long, and 4 squares wide at the end of the field. In order to get the goblin next to the gong he will have to get much closer
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

And this is where it all goes to ^%%$ ....

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Chris1234 wrote:Linar moves to unblock the 1' wide passageway. He goes a few feet to his SW, putting him due S of the most N goblin and E of the most S goblin and let's fly with a cloud spray getting as many foe as possible prioritising from the left/West (ie nearest the gong.) The 5'x5'x20' wedge may get all of them..
For some reason I thought it was 1sq=1'.
Objective is to avoid the whole lair being put on the alert.
On timing, it was intended at start of surprise round (ie as soon as it was clear there wasn't a back to stab) and also served to unblock the corridor.

OK, how about this:
Colourspray.png
Colourspray.png (121.39 KiB) Viewed 10633 times
Should put two unconscious, maybe 3 if lucky. So concentrate on putting down the 2 to the south.
Not sure how many segments of surprise apply (elven stealth gives foes -4 to their roll, and Linar gets +2 for Dex) ..hopefully enough to get the spell off before we have to do initiatives, but I'll leave all those details to you.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Ok, so I did understand wrong.

I saw the S of the north most, so I was thinking you were in-line with the first one that would be on the characters right, IE up north from the door.

If this plan works, Nocturno will be joining Elden on the northern most which is closest to the door. Which I'm not sure Elden can do, being trapped behind the minotaur.

Going to wait till this is resolved to edit my In Game post.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

ya sorry im all out of it today i was thinking north was the top of the picture for some reason and forgot i was behind the minitor so elden will go looking for a target starting up by the golbin for-mention but if its already dead move to the next target he can find
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

North isn't the top?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

I've taken the North is up the page convention. What did I miss?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Rivi wrote:ya sorry im all out of it today i was thinking north was the top of the picture ...
Wasn't you Chris, I think rivi is on LSD today.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Chris: this is 2e, no 'segments'. Also, dex adjusts your chance to be surprised, not your surprise of others or initiative. The area you have drawn should be fine for the color spray. This is still the surprise round.

Nocturno and Rivi: North is up. It sounds like you both want to approach/attack the goblin straight up from the end of the tunnel. Is this correct?

Whether or not Elden and Vanidur are stuck behind Garroth depends entirely on how far forward Garroth moves. The ceiling is tall enough for the Minotaur to stand in the last square of the tunnel, but if he doesn't at least move 1 square into the room there is no way the others can get past him.