Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 13: Consequences

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 13: Consequences

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra stands from the chair she was sitting in, and stretches a bit. "I know it is still probably kind of early, but since I'm here maybe I can help with dinner?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae and Gobax (River Way)
Haahqae backs up a bit, then casts his illusion cantrip for a second time on Raena's face. He hopes someone will notice, but right now everyone is caught up in the battle.

Gobax calls upon Sirrion's favor and a blade of flame suddenly leaps from his hand. At least now he has a weapon. The baaz around him continue attacking and one of them is lucky enough to pierce his defenses and give him a nasty slash across the flank, wounding him badly. Delharn fairs even worse. Already badly beaten up as it was, Delharn is easily cut down by a pair of baaz. "Prisoner secured!" one calls.

Burzan hurries over to Delharn to bind his wounds. "I'll take care of this one. Go after the goblin!" he tells the baaz.

===========

Initiative
Haahqae (1d10+2): 1+2 = 3
Gobax (1d10+4): 2+4 = 6
Delharn (1d10+3): 6+3 = 9
Baaz (1d10+5): 3+5 = 8
Burzan (1d10+6): 6+6 = 12

Round 5!

Haahqae moves 10 feet east and 5 feet south (15 feet total). He then uses another illusion cantrip on Raena's face.
Gobax casts Flame Blade for 6 rounds.
Baaz 04 continues calling for reinforcements.
Baaz 05 swings his long sword at Gobax [TN 16] (1d20): 13, miss.
Baaz 06 swings his long sword at Gobax [TN 16] (1d20): 8, miss.
Baaz 07 swings his long sword at Delharn while afraid (-1 hit/dmg) [TN 9] (1d20-1): 19-1 = 18, hit for (1d8): 7 damage.
Baaz 08 moves 5 feet northeast and 5 feet north (10 feet total) and swings his long sword at Delharn while afraid (-1 hit/dmg) [TN 9] (1d20-1): 16-1 = 15, hit for (1d8): 8 damage. Delharn falls.
Baaz 09 moves 10 feet northwest, 35 feet north and 20 feet east (65 feet total).
Baaz 10 swings his long sword at Gobax while afraid (-1 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-1): 2-1 = 1, miss.
Baaz 11 moves 10 feet northwest, 25 feet north , and 25 feet east (60 feet total) and swings his long sword at Gobax while afraid (-1 hit/dmg) [TN 16] (1d20-1): 18-1 = 17, hit for (1d8): 8 damage. Gobax is now seriously wounded.
Delharn is unconscious.
Burzan moves 20 feet east and 10 feet north (30 feet total) and stabilizes Delharn's wounds.

(OOC: Actions for Round 6?)
River Way 07.jpg
River Way 07.jpg (71.43 KiB) Viewed 9003 times
Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"Of course," Sadron says. "I was going to make a nice vegetable stew." He gestures toward the kitchen.

Ne-Chanz and Shima (Central Haven Sewers)
Ne-Chanz considers his options.

(OOC: Yes, it's common knowledge that the Takhisians offer healing.)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Well, here goes nothing." He leaves with Shima, leaving the weapons where they were before and makes his way to the nearest temple.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

The battle was quickly going from bad to worse and Haahqae knew he couldn’t do much to change this. A tiny freaking handful of soldiers was too much for him to handle; was he crazy to even think of challenging Takhisis? Well, trickery and subterfuge were the only weapons left to him so he might as well use them. Not that his next plan really included either, all it really included was honesty and reciting a tale of recent history to the church. And maybe a little subterfuge.

Turning away from the burning mess of battle, Haahqae runs towards the temple. Part ways there he’ll dispel the invisibility while no one is looking.
Veni Vidi Vici
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra walks into the kitchen, and pulls out the vegetables needed for the stew. "Do you want smaller chunks or larger?" she asks.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

DELHARN!!! Grubnick cries out in anguish as the dwarf goes down. He was practically surrounded now, his hasty plan failed and himself on the verge of capture as well. Getting caught myself won't help him now, I've only made things worse... He scolded himself for his brashness. If I die here there is no way to help him... perhaps with a good plan I can break him out... if they dont... if he survives... If I die here there's no way I can help him... Tears begin to break from his eyes as he dives away, tumbling as best he can to avoid the slashing swords seeking his life.

=====
Grubnick will tumble NW, W, W, W, SW and continue westward as far as possible this round, dropping the flame blade spell as soon as he is out of the greenery.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae and Gobax (River Way)
Haahqae starts to run, but he quickly gets a stitch in his side and is forced to just jog instead. His progress is slow, but once he's away from the battle and doesn't have to worry about dodging panicky citizens, he should start making better progress. As he goes, he sees another half dozen baaz running toward the fight, coming from the west.

Meanwhile, Gobax dispells the flame blade and tumbles all the way to the western wall of the Happee Ohgr. The baaz are right behind him, their longer legs allowing them to easily catch up with him. However, none are able to hit him while he's tumbling around like that.

Burzan secures Delharn again, picking him up and tossing him over his shoulder.

===========

Initiative
Haahqae (1d10): 3+2 = 5
Gobax (1d10): 1+4 = 5
Baaz (1d10+5): 10+5 = 15
Burzan (1d10+6): 5+6 = 11

Round 6!

Haahqae makes a STR check to run (x3 mv) [TN 9] (1d20): 18, fail. He is forced to jog (x2 mv) instead. He jogs 120 feet out of 7,920 feet toward the temple (leaving the map).
Gobax makes a Tumbling check [TN 17] (1d20): 7, pass. He tumbles 5 feet northwest, 15 feet west, 5 feet southwest, and 15 feet west (40 feet total).
Burzan secures Delharn.
Baaz 05 moves 5 feet north and 35 feet west (40 feet total) and swings his long sword at Gobax while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 3-4 = -1, miss.
Baaz 06 moves 10 feet northwest and 35 feet west (45 feet total) and swings his long sword at Gobax while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 4-4 = 0, miss.
Baaz 07 helps guard the prisoner.
Baaz 08 helps guard the prisoner.
Baaz 09 moves 30 feet west and swings his long sword at Gobax while scared (-1 hit) and while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-5): 15-5 = 10, miss.
Baaz 10 moves 25 feet west and 5 feet southwest (30 feet total) and swings his long sword at Gobax while afraid (-1 hit) while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-5): 12-5 = 7, miss.
Baaz 11 moves 25 feet west and 10 feet southwest (35 feet total) and swings his long sword at Gobax while afraid (-1 hit/dmg) and while he's tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-5): 5-5 = 0, miss.
Haahqae's Scare spell ends.

(OOC: Actions for Round 7?)
River Way 08.jpg
River Way 08.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 8972 times
"Smaller sounds good," Sadron says as he gets a knife and cutting board ready. "So what will you do now? I mean, with regards to your job."

Ne-Chanz and Shima (River Way)
Leaving the weapons by the entrance, Ne-Chanz hefts the unconscious Shima over his shoulder and climbs back up the sewer entrance. After exiting the warehouse and stepping out onto the street, he begins walking down River Way to get to the temple. However, along the way he sees a huge commotion in the street that is blocking all traffic. Several people seem frozen in place, and some Baaz and a big half-ogre is guarding them and a red haired dwarf that is unconscious and badly wounded, and also chained up.

Locals nearby are torn between watching with fascination and running in terror. The baaz are blocking anyone from going further down this road, however.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I guess I will continue doing what I've been doing," Kendra says. "If he thinks that the rebels have been caught, I might be able to convince him to let the trade guild go. He seems to trust me quite a bit."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Crap, I cornered myself]

Grubnick continues to tumble, trying to make his way into the front of the tavern. Once just inside the door he tries to slam it shut in the draconian's faces and cries out The Baaz have gone crazy! They're attacking goblins everywhere!
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

(Haahqae ignores the addition baaz and continues on his way to the temple as planned.)
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (River Way)
Haahqae passes by the oncoming baaz, then starts to speed up where there are less obstacles in his way.

=============

Haahqae jogs 360 feet. He has 7,440 feet left to reach the temple. He will dispel his invisibility in 2,160 feet.

Grubnick (The Happee Ohgr)
Grubnick tumbles his way into the tavern, then shouts out to everyone that the baaz are attacking. As it is getting late, there are only a handful of patrons in the common area, as well as the bartender behind the bar and a half dozen off-duty goblin soldiers. The civilians all stare wide-eyed at Grubnick's pronouncement, whiel the soldiers all jump to their feet. "What in the abyss?" asks one of the soldiers.

The five baaz that are pursuing Grubnick burst in a moment later. They easily spot Grubnick due to his signature leather hood and cloak and quickly attack. "In the name of the Queen, this heretic priest is to be taken in! Don't just stand there, do something!" one of the baaz yells to the confused goblin soldiers.

===========

Initiative
Grubnick (1d10): 3+3 = 6
Baaz (1d10+5): 4+5 = 9

Round 8!

Grubnick tumbles 10 feet south, 15 feet west, and 10 feet north. He enters the Happee Ohgr and shouts out.
Baaz 05 moves 10 feet south, 20 feet west and 10 feet north. He enters the Happee Ohgr and swings his long sword at Grubnick while he is tumbling (-4) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 15-4 = 11, miss.
Baaz 06 moves 15 feet south, 15 feet west and 10 feet north. He enters the Happee Ohgr and swings his long sword at Grubnick while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 18-4 = 14, miss.
Baaz 09 moves 15 feet south, 20 feet west and 10 feet north. He enters the Happe Ohgr and swings his long sword at Grubnick and while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 5-4 = 1, miss.
Baaz 10 moves 5 feet south, 15 feet west and 10 feet north. He enters the Happee Ohgr and swings his long sword at Grubnick while he is tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 17-4 = 13, miss.
Baaz 11 moves 5 feet south, 20 feet west and 10 feet north. He enters the Happee Ohgr and swings his long sword at Grubnick while he's tumbling (-4 hit) [TN 16] (1d20-4): 18-4 = 14, miss.

(OOC: Since Grubnick is tumbling, he cannot take any actions, which includes closing the door--not that it would have stopped the baaz any. Actions for Round 9?)
Happee Ohgr 01.jpg
Happee Ohgr 01.jpg (83.72 KiB) Viewed 8949 times
"It seems as good a plan as any," Sadron remarks. "If it works, I better find a way to get out of the city before your husband returns them. I don't know how he'd react to finding me here."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be pleased," Kendra admits. "But, then again, if he knew the importance of trying to keep you safe, he might be okay with it." She doubts that last statement, but Norris hadn't really be able to stop her from doing anything as of yet.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz looks at the Baaz. "What's wrong?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick continues to tumble away, trying to make it to the rear exit of the tavern. As soon as he is through the door outside (if able to make it that far) he will stop tumbling and start running (4x)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (River Way)
After about half a mile, Haahqae ducks into an alley and dispels his invisibility. He perhaps should have waited after he was past all of the checkpoints, though, because he is stopped at the next one. "Sorry, little guy, but we've received orders that nobody can pass until a situation is taken care of. You'll have to wait a bit," explains one baaz.

A moment later, one of the city's red dragons flies overhead, heading toward the direction Haahqae just left.

"Shouldn't take long now," the baaz says, noting the dragon's passing.

Grubnick (The Happee Ohgr)
Grubnick tumbles toward the nearest door, but must stop tumbling in order to open it. As he does so, the baaz pursuing him suddenly halt in their tracks. They tilt their heads, as if listening to a voice. "We almost have him, my queen," says one of the baaz. "There's no where for him to run...yes...yes, I understand," the baaz says to seemingly nobody. Turning to the others, he adds, "You heard her. Withdraw, now!" And with that, the draconians all hastily vacate the premises.

Meanwhile, the goblin bartender, the patrons and the off-duty soldiers watch on in puzzlement and confusion. "Hey, what's happening?" demands one of the soldiers, but he is ignored by the retreating baaz.

Throwing open the door, Grubnick finds himself looking into the kitchen area. There is another door further back.

Soon after, dinner is made and the two sit down to eat. It's become dark by now, so Sadron lights some candles as he knows Kendra cannot see in the dark like him. It inadvertently gives the whole place a sort of romantic feel to it.

Ne-Chanz and Shima (River Way)
"Got a situation," says one of the baaz. "Caught a heretic cleric, and another one tried to free the first one. First one's back in custody, and we chased the second one into the tavern there."

One of the dragons that live in the city can be seen in the air, flying in this direction. "You may want to step back a bit for this," warns the baaz.