Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 13: Consequences

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 13: Consequences

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra looks down at his hand, and smiles lightly. "Just know that I have some support helps," she admits. "And hopefully it keeps me grounded," she adds. "I don't want to lose myself in all of this."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"OK, so unless we want to wake the world up by breaking the door down, let's try the bridge. It should be fine if you just go slowly across it. Wait 'til I'm across though," says Shima while he examines the walls for any unusual or shifting stonework.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia blushes deeply as Gobax mentions the old gods. "I...I know that the Old Gods are...are real," she stammers. "How...how could I not, when I've seen...the Dragon Queen's, um, power?" But she snaps her mouth shut when she realizes the true intent of his words and the color drains from her face. After a long silence, she finally asks, "You...you are a chosen of one of the Old Gods? And by your words, not of the Dragon Queen?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

He nods deliberately and patiently at her questions. I serve one of the neutral gods, and work against her... You understand, this is a perilous secret I am trusting you with. But I am doing so because you need some kind of hope... the things that have come to pass have been terrible, but nothing lasts forever. It has come, but it will pass. he said the last with utter conviction. Delarn had taught him the truth of that in many ways. The old gods had left the world, or at least hidden... but they were back now... and that had to mean that it was time... time to make a change. That is why I and others are here... I want to keep the people whole as well as I can, and push her influence out of this place. If I can find others it will help, but I will persevere even if I stand alone. I will help you, Arulia. Not only because of the job, or our mutual respect for one another, but because her influence has brought this pain down on you... and because her church has some specific reason to hunt your sister... he added silently to himself.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Jayme’s comment struck Haahqae as unusual. “Woah, who ever said anything about a jail break? All I had said was that they were robbed.” Perhaps Jaymes knew more than he was letting on about what had happened to them?

When he gets to the Inn, Haahqae notices the woman eating by herself. Greeting her, he asks “Myriam, this is Jaymes. You might recall, he was the one who hired us for the giant-slaying job. I was under the impression that you two got along well, so I figured it would be nice if we dropped by to chat. I hope we’re not imposing. How have you been?”
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae (Masked Dragon Inn, Common room)
Miriam stands and offers her hand to Jaymes. "Yes, I think I remember. Good to see you again," she says. Sitting back down, she says to Haahqae, "I was just finishing breakfast. As for my situation, nothing has changed. The army, as far as I know, still has Ismene. I tried going to the Old Fort, but was turned away. They denied even holding her." She glances around and says quietly, "What's more, I think I am being monitored. On more than one occasion, I've found myself being watched."

Kendra Synclair (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
Just then, the bell tower rings, signalling it is now Third Watch. "You better get going," Sadron says, removing his hand. "It wouldn't do to be late to your own parade."

Gobax and Arulia (Alley, Merchant District)
As the two are speaking, the bell tower in the Old Fort rings, indicating it is now Third Watch.

Ne-Chanz and Shima (Central Haven Sewers)
Not finding any shifting walls in the room, he returns to the bridge and crosses over it. It creaks a bit as he does so, but holds together. Then he turns and waits for Ne-Chanz to join him.

===========

Shima checks the walls of the room for shifting stonework [TN 4] (1d6): 2, pass. He finds none.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Right," Kendra says. She quickly finishes up her breakfast, grabs all of her stuff she needs, wishes Sadron goodbye, and rushes off to where she needs to be for her parade.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When Ne-Chanz is safely across, unless something untoward crops up, Shima will scout onwards until the next door or fork is located, checking out the former (listen/traps/locked/remove/unlock) and looking up both (and round the nearest corner) at the latter.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia looks at Gobax with narrowed eyes. "Which...which one of the Gods of Balance do you serve?" she asks. But her suspicious manner disappears as quickly as it appears. "Oh, I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as you're working against the Dragon Queen. I'm honored that you trust me enough to tell me, too. You're taking a huge risk." She bites her lip, obviously hesitating. "I...I should know. I pray to another god, too, and sometimes he answers my prayers." As soon as she speaks this admission, she snaps her mouth shut and looks at the goblin nervously to judge his reaction.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The goblin opens his mouth to respond but stops himself... of the gods of balance, Sirrion might not be the most comforting answer, as he searched for some other direction for his answer her own revelation left him agape. Closing his mouth with a shocked snap, he has to try twice to respond. You... a grin sweeps his face but quickly subsides. Which? I mean... he lowers his voice even further, My god has seen fit to answer my prayers as well... to use me to... to be a vessel for his divine power in the world... Gods above, if this were true they might stand a chance to affect a real change here... Still he waited uncomfortably... it was one thing to be named a servant of the old gods, and entirely another to confess to being a cleric...
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"His name is Fizban," Arulia says, "but most everyone else knows him as Paladine. I met him a few weeks ago. He looked like an old man, and he was here in Haven. Just before he left, he turned into a mighty knight, and he's been in my dreams ever since."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Pa... Paladine? he says in shock. The platinum dragon himself sent an avatar here? And you met him! Looks of incredulity and amazement war on his face for a moment. I suppose he's the perfect one to oppose the dragon Queen, I just can hardly believe it. I've never seen my god's Avatar. I've had a mentor that told me about him and seen his power work through me.... you were truly favored by your god for him to do so...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas looks at Jinali carefully, "Are you going to help in the rebellion? Do you know the plans of the attack?" He wonders if she knew about it even before coming here. It seems so by her admition. "Are you joining your Master?" he asks.

========================================
(OOC: does Tulbas knows what robe Jinali Master wears?)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz carefully crosses the bridge, ready for anything.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"I didn't know that he was a god then," Arulia says. "And I don't know what I've done to earn any particular favor, either. Maybe he sees something special in me, but I don't know what it is." She shakes her head and sighs sadly. "But I can't worry about that now. How do you suppose we should go about this meeting tonight? I've screwed up and sent Shima away, and I don't think that the two of us can do it on our own."