Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

A 5th Edition D&D game set in the homebrew world of Carnade amidst a war between two kingdoms.

Moderator: Rivi

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

"Oh ahh Um yes well it is my favourite class... well uh. an uncomfortable silence will hold for a second, but feel like an eternity to Skarnos.

He will simply start to eat.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rivi greets the two "morning Edge and morning Cross" looking at the squirming Skarnos "hes not the only ones skipping class. making students listen to Henderson that old cook so you can come eat here for shame" he said with a smile then turning back to bell"no were not full up and the food is on the house consider it part of your paym.." and he cut him self off "but cross here only takes time off from teaching for important things. all of you showing up and them him slipping his invisibility spell somethings up."

cross looked angrily at Rivi "you sure know how to take the flair out of an entrance" then to the rest of the group "yes are fair bartender is not far off the mark i have taken time off her to meet you all i try not to mess with things out side of the school"both Rivi and the black clad Edge let out snorts of derision and cross paused rolling his eyes "but i foresaw something and need help hence the notices i'm sure you two saw" then putting a hand on Skarnos shoulder "and that i would need to offer these two a guide"
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"A, a ..a a guide? To where?"
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella leaned forward and bit her lower lip, a habit she had when she was thinking or nervous. In this case she was both.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Guides can prove most useful during adventures, also means a little less worry for everyone else. A most worthy and important role, I must say." Smiles with an encouraging nod to Skarnos, the guide.

"Master Cross,.." turning back to the one called Cross, "I would like to hear more of this adventure you speak of, if you don't mind that is?"
Loving the details of a newly hatching adventure, one hand happily caresses the handle of his sword, while the other caresses the handle of his ale, taking another swig with delight.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

cross smiles at Nebram "ahh straight to the point good man. the notices i sent out are regarding a forest cave to the north west of here. we call the green caves. iv been observing dark changes in the forest and wish someone to go investigate the shrine at its center. there is a well spring that feeds the unusual valley forest in the cave. if something is to be found ether fix any issues or come back with as much information on the happening that i may then go fix the issue" he pauses as he walks a small circuit of the room "although i wish a rush you may take the night to prepare but no long than that i wish this investigated as soon as can be" once standing back in front of Skarnos "you will guide and aid them in the forest. i know all students are forbid from entering, but i lift this ban" then to the rest "i will pay 450 gp each once the investigation is resolved"
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Skarnos hopes it isn't plain on his face that he has clearly been in the area before.

"This should be an nice easy jaunt in the woods."
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Superb! I trust, that despite having Mr. Skarnos, a most worthy guide, that there will be included a map so we don't get lost? I've had wondrous guides that have been eaten before, leaving my party stranded for a short time. After all time is of the essence." Reaching into his pocket and pulling out a well traveled pocket pipe and lighting up a small bowl of regional mild pipe-weed.

"I'm sure you have an idea of what we will be likely to face? Any info you can share will speed things up, and increase our chances. Perhaps even a diagram of what we are looking for, in case we mistake your shrine for a different one." Grinning at the ridiculous thought of coming across a dozen shrines out there. Taking another puff or two and blowing smoke rings politely not in anyone's direction.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Eaten! goodness gracious, by what? Bella's eyes widened with both curiosity and fear.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

the elf chuckles at the eaten guides "unfortunately there is no map of the forest as the magical property of the place have it shifting two quickly for a map to be helpful. there is only one shrine and a river that leads to it. as long as you stay near the river you will find the shrine" his face darkens "as to what you will face.... something dark. the woods while not extra dangerous were still a wood. normal dangers can be abundant in any untamed wilderness but... the darkness there seems to be twisting the woods iv no idea what that my include" rivi looks out the window "its about 2 if they left now they could get there by sun down... not sure they should go in the dark."
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

Nodding his head thoughtfully at the suggestion, Nebram thumbs the tankard of ale considering both options of when to leave.

"Leaving at first light is fine by me. Suppose a vote would make the most sense. Although I must say, I have a harder time swinging my sword if I can't see what I'm swinging at. And actually.... " he turns in his stool to Skarnos and Bella.

"Knowing what each of us bring to the table might be a better start.. anyone can see that I'm no stranger to combat.. " Points to his great sword with his thumb.

".. but what about you two. You both don't seem like either of you require baby sitting exactly. And of course, no disrespect intended." Not really sure whom he is teaming up with exactly.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I'm sure I can get us there before dark. I am currently in the service of Siddhartha Gautama the God of Enlightenment. This typically allows me to help others in need of enlightenment, either with cures, or the business end of my mace." Skarnos will look like he is ready to jump out of his seat. But will try to mask his excitement by eating lunch.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella felt a chill of terror and anticipation creep up
Her spine. If they went tonight it would put them at a greater risk, but assuming the journey would last longer than a day they would be spending nights in the forest anyway. She thought on it, she knew everyone was waiting to hear her vote but she wanted to make sure she was making the right decision and didn't want to rushed. She finished her honey ale and placed the glass down on the table. She looked up
At the men in front of her and smiled. I vote we leave tonight. No point delaying the inevitable, and we are having good weather at the moment so might as well, who knows what tomorrow brings.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"That's the spirit! The sooner we finish this, the sooner we all get paid."
Finishing up the last of the food, he slides the dishware to indicate hes done the meal. Packing up his pipe and stands up stretching. Practicing to swing his sword, but with empty hands, checking out what muscles hurt from last nights sleep.

"Suppose we can't bring one of this inns nice comfortable beds along with us? A pillow perhaps?" Grinning at the absurdity the mental picture brings to mind. Tracking through snagging bushes, dense foliage and endless underbrush, while lugging a four post bed. Yet, he can't help but feel longing to how relaxing the sleep would feel.

"Never mind that! On to bigger things! Is there anything else we must know before we depart? Oh, is there supposed to be anyone there normally? I'd hate to kill people that are supposed to be there."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

cross claps his hands together in a single resounding sound "good! off you go, now be careful i don't wish any harm if needs be fell from the danger you find there"
Characters:
The Forge-dm