Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

A 5th Edition D&D game set in the homebrew world of Carnade amidst a war between two kingdoms.

Moderator: Rivi

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

Skarnos will shovel the rest of the food into his mouth.

"Any scraps for the Hogs? They looked hungry on the way in."

He will then look at his new companions and say: "Shall we?"
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Slay everyone we find, it is!" Arriving at this answer, from his unanswered question about who should be there. Grabbing his gear and heading to the door, giving a wave of thanks to the master cook before ducking out into the warm sunshine. Turning his head to the grunting sounds of two mighty hogs while he adjusts the straps.

"Don't suppose one of you two want to carry my things do ya?" Grinning as they both hogs grunt in the same tone that humans would grunt, at hearing such a question of labour. "Thought as much."

"Alright, Master Pathfinder, find us a path free of as many surprises, if you'd please." Ready to go adventuring.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rivi turns and hands Skarnos a bowl large enough to fit two hole turkeys in full of random scraps "here you two might wana carry it, no spilling in my pub!"

all three set out Skarnos in the lead the bowl in between them the pigs squeal happily and snuffle up to there feeding tray
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Let's just dump it here, leave the bowl on the post, someone will take it in."

He will then strike out to the best clearing to enter the forest.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

Following in the rear, Nebram can't help but hum a jaunty tune. Adventures always got the better of him.
Along the way he'll keep an eye out for anything that'll serve as either kindling or a long burning fuel source, such as dripping sap or the like.
Should the need arrive for a torch or campfire, never hurts to start looking. He'll tuck it in a warm dry pocket. Also looking for natural foods that can be easily carried.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella Joins Nebram's humming, she can't help it she loves music and when there is music she must join in. She enjoys the sunlight on her face an can't believe her good fortune in finding an adventure so soon to arriving in Niblim and can't wait to see what happens next.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Occ:ill give you guys a little time here to talk to one another and get to know each other so post as much and as often as you like for a while ill rain you guys in once i feel you have arrived at the forest

the day is bright not much food is to be found on the well maintained roads threw the hill side
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"So my fine adventuring friends. What brings you to our fine small town? I mean outside of the posting for work... I would think most don't just see a posting and decide to become an adventurer over night. I seem to have finally been in the right place at the right time."
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Well Mr. Skornos, I've heard tales of this interesting place from other adventurers I've teamed up with over the years. 'Come see the pigs they said.' and 'They pay handsomely for adventures' they said. And wouldn't you know.. Pigs and gold are my two favorite things!" He says with a cheeky grin, running his hands over the lush green leaves of the low hanging branches as they traveled out of sight of town.

"But I suppose in the end it's just a good challenge is what I'm after." Running his calloused hand over the handle of his sword for a moment, almost not realizing it, only out of habit.

"I have to admit that I haven't met to many of either of your kinds before." Grinning playfully and turning to Skarnos. "You aren't evil by any chance are you? Not sure if there are any children to scare along the way. Wouldn't want you to be bored that is." Nebram finish the sentence by turning to Bella with a pantomime of sweet innocent children meeting a scary devil and running away screaming, and laughs at the end of it.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella snorts out laughter before she can stop herself and then throws her hands over her mouth to stop it. She can't. She is now in a fit of giggles and because she had just consumed a bunch of sugar and was running a bit of a sugar high. Eventually she started to hiccup and then stop laughing completely. Wiping the tears from her eyes she says " I am out to attain greatness my, darlings, as it was foretold I would." she giggles again blushing slightly "I have always had a wondering spirit as well, and have always wanted to have an adventure, besides its good writing material right?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I'm glad I can finally start to be more if use to the town. When my parents were hunted down they took me in. No questions asked when the rest of the world left me to starve." Skarno will be watching for the path he knows.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Good writing material indeed. Let us hope this one ends in great fortunes for us all, and not in tragedy. Although, I must admit, tragic stories are often more memorable." Almost as if nature was trying to punctuate that very meaning, Nebram face scrunched up, as he fished out part of a spider web strand that his open mouth seemed to have caught. "Thank you Master spider, but I have already eaten lunch."
Loving the feeling of the warm sun on his unshaven face, and gazing up, agreeing with a poets description "I once heard some say, that 'trees are like the castles of the wood'."
Every sprawling tree they passed under, reminded him of a watchful guardian, in awe of the size and majesty of the trees that stretched ever up with each passing step.
Out here Mr Skarnos, I have a feeling we shall have wondrous need of your skills.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Skarnos will look very concerned.

"Hopefully just my guiding skills. My combat and healing, I hope to only use when necessary. We should be approaching the entrance soon. I am truly curious to see the changes Master Cross spoke of."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

the day past with little excitement. the sun setting most of the way and the cave mouth comes into sight. the area is mostly in shadow from the cliff face around it but a purple glow emanates from with in the cave.
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Uh oh." Skarnos will look quite disturbed once you get into sight of the cave.

"That is not normal. Usually it is glowing a playful minty green. We should be on guard." Skarnos will retrieve his mace from under his robes.