Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

A 5th Edition D&D game set in the homebrew world of Carnade amidst a war between two kingdoms.

Moderator: Rivi

Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

Post by Rivi »

This is where we will begin the main game thread. I will direct players here from their private threads as they come together.
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Re: Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

Post by Rivi »

Occ:see character descriptions for what PC look like once they are up

the door opens and Skarnos enters looking over to the bar Rivi talking with the new comer nods to him over the shoulder of the big man
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Mmm! The special sounds fine."

Turning his head to watch some of the students file past him, raising his well muscled arms to make room for some of the smaller ones, but guarding his coin purse. Returning his gaze back to the helpful elf, cocking his head to the side.

"Hmm.. What's with the students? I haven't seen this many in quite a while. Does their school specialize in anything particular? Found one once that was into the dark arts. Ended up, half the town had been dead for years, but cleverly animated. Truly amazing in just the display of raw terrible power." Scratching the back of his blonde head taking a seat at the bar, gladly accepting the pint of ale and taking a long draft. Licking the rich foamy head from his lips appreciatively.

"Was hired to investigate and eliminate, for the lower duke of.. well doesn't matter, just someone making a name for themselves that paid very well. So there I was thinking I was going to have to deal with maybe one or two.. hell, maybe half a dozen ghouls tops." Watching the elf return to behind the bar and deftly prepare the special listening to him all the while. Nodding every now and then when appropriate.

"Well, I nearly pissed myself! HA!" Slapping the counter with his hands a few times, And taking another swig. "Gods, you see, I was so young then. Anyway, after I slayed four in front of that damned school, bloody school bell rang. End of the school day you see, and the doors burst forth right in front of me. Ghoul after stinkin ghoul poured out, meeting my disbelieving gaze and started shambling over to me licking their lips like I was some bloody roast boar. I hopped on my horse and rode like hell!" Another round of jovial laughter rumbled through him, tearing up slightly and wiping it away with the back of his hands.

"I sure do hope it's not a school of evil, master elf?" Taking a bite out of the baked potato and washing it down. "I'd hate to have to leave this food behind."

Turning to examine the room, remembering that someone new just arrived. "Greetings!"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Greetings traveller. I hope you don't mind me listening in on your story. It sounds like a harrowing tale." Skarnos will take the seat one stool away from the stranger.

"It is actually my personal mission to gather the different points of view in the world; In the hopes of having them see through each others eyes, some day." He clears his throat. Oh my, I ramble on... My name is Skarnos." He will hold out his dark purple hand exposing the light red scars of previous bouts with the less enlightened, when his earthy brown robes ride up his arm.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

rivi laughs at the idea of the academy and dark art "no not a school for the dark arts this academy was formed to teach magic to people looking for a way to learn and control magics.the head master would never allow any practices of dark arts... although he may bend that definition from time to time but only to understand how to defeat such evils" he handed the plate over a steaming sandwich and spiced fried potatoes sat on the plate looking like something out of a dream. in a little bowl there was a few glistening green pickles

when the purple student walks up Rivi asks Skarnos "hungry? today's special is a stake sandwich and fried potato. we also finished the last batch of Kastika pickles(local specialty spicy pickles)."
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"That sounds great! I will take any of the spicier ones. Also after I'm done I will bring some scraps out to the hogs if you like. They looked hungry.. .well they always look hungry."
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

Taking the purple hand offered he shakes it with heart and warmth, "Mr. Skarnos, I am Nebram, a fighter for hire. If it leads to gold, then it leads to my happiness.. pleasure to meet you!"

Grinning as he turns back to enjoy the beauty that is the food before him, and diving right in with gusto. "Master of the kitchen indeed! This looks devine!"
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rivi inclines a small bow and turns to cook the second meal over his shoulder "so your here for work found the adds we sent out?"
Attachments
Hogs ride1.1.png
Hogs ride1.1.png (187.44 KiB) Viewed 17593 times
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

occ: ok everyone is in the bar now so ill be posting some extra info in the group knowledge page today or tomorrow

bell:
as bell walks up to the bar she sees next to the main building a large pen with two huge dog house like structures. along the fence two giant dire boars rest peacefully in on the grass.once in side the bar is warm and full of good smells. when she enter you see a long bar with only two people sitting at it on a large man (see the descriptions on the character pages) and a smaller Tiefling with purple skin he is dressed in a uniform you have seen all over the town

as the opens the door the rivi greets the new comer without turning from the flat top "good day if you wish a seat i can make you one up here on the bar" he turns and he waves his hand. the bar stool next Nebram to floats up and alights on the bar only it shrinks in the process and a odd bubble of red light grows on the bars polished wood and pops only to leave a now smaller table in front of the stool
Attachments
Hogs ride1.2.png
Hogs ride1.2.png (190.28 KiB) Viewed 17594 times
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

Knowing that it's rude to stare at cultural differences..
Knowing that it's rude to comment openly about it in fear of hurting feelings..
Knowing all this doesn't stop Nebram from snapping his attention from his food, to the source of the sound and smile broadly while staring the spectacle.

"You'd think I'd be used to magic by now, but damn it, it always amazes me!"
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella enters the Bar and looks around she sees a Large man and a Tiefling standing at the bar. She walks over to the bar and jumps onto a chair. "Hello Gents" she says when she approaches after the spectacle with the chair. She may be small but she certainly was not shy. She puts on her most winning smile appraising the three men in the the bar "what say you? Anything interesting happening in town today?" She smiles at the barman. I am Bella, I was wondering if you might have a room available? what is the cost? also I would love some ale and bread if you have any She looks at the men expectantly waiting for answers.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Other than meeting two strangers after cutting a class I typically would not miss unless the world was splitting open, not much. I plan on giving the hogs a treat after my lunch, if you interested in seeing that spectacle."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rivi laughs out loud at Skarnos comment about cutting class a little more than is called for "a stay in the hogs is 7 silver but i don't think you'll be staying" as he slides the food over to her a sugar ale the bread she asked for smothered in honey along with a wedge of Candied lemon"(see home brew rules for info on pixies and there race) another voice comes out of absolutely know-where "never miss my class unless the world was splitting open! did you hear that Rivi' i told you my students loved me!" as the group turns an elf phases into visibility behind Skarnos hes slender and whereing purple robes and has wight hair. a second later a small willowy woman in all back seams to step right out of his shadow "you had to say something like that now he will never shut up about it"
Attachments
Hogs ride1.3.png
Hogs ride1.3.png (194.01 KiB) Viewed 17591 times
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Greetings m'lady!" he turns and smiles warmly to the pixie, not sure exactly what she is, but pleased that she's polite. Failing to hide his surprise at disembodied voices so close in mid drink, Nebram barely hold down the mouth full swig of ale properly. Turning in his chair to the sources wider-eyed than he'd like to display normally.

"More magic! How splendid indeed!"Nodding respectfully to the newly arrived, also not sure who they are, but correctly guessing that they are important around here.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella accepts the food form Rivi with a huge smile, "Thank you so very much that was more than I expected. How much shall I pay you? Bella smiles devouring the food in front of her, she knew she should slow down but... Sugar! "Why wouldn't I be staying? Are you fully occupied?? She asks she is sure that isn't the reason but she asked anyway, was this going to be the beginning adventure she was hoping for or something else? She turns to the human and smiles sticking out her hand to shake his and says " My name is Belladonna but you can call be Bella for short, It's..../color] Halfway through her sentence the teacher walks in and interrupts her introduction. She drops her hand and when she sees the lady in purple and wonders where she came from.