Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

A 5th Edition D&D game set in the homebrew world of Carnade amidst a war between two kingdoms.

Moderator: Rivi

Lithain
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 1: "liquid pain" (Game Thread)

Post by Lithain »

Whispering, "Is that it? That's the cave? I must admit I enjoy my caves without an eerie purple glow."
Agreeing with Skarnos, Nebram also draws his great blade quietly.

Looking around for any signs of struggle or animal movements such as a worn down path, or broken branches, foot prints in mud indicating any new activity.

In a quiet hush.. "So uh.. Bella.. I think you should go first. Make sure it's safe. " Turning to her and nodding expectantly with a grin.
silver54clay
Peasant
Peasant

Post by silver54clay »

As you are near the cave, a strange man appears to be approaching, while attempting to be stealthy.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella looks at Lithain and then at the strange man approaching "I think I will wait to see what this guys all about first. Then if you like I can lead us into the cave, I am not afraid of the dark." She said with false bravado. She turns back to the old man anticipating what is going to happen next.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

In a hushed voice, "You both got my back, right?" Winking with a secret grin as he pretends to not notice the stranger approaching, stepping far away from the hopefully hidden Skorn and Bella, imitating as if I just stepped in something nasty, putting my sword away.

"Well that's just great, what a day I'm having!" Picking up a rock, pretending to scrap the bottom of his boots in an over exaggerated way in a loud distracting way. "I hate forests!!"

Turning around exasperated and making contact with the stranger approaching with hopeful desperation in my eyes. "Thank the stars.. Excuse me, sir! I seem to have gotten turned around."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Skarnos will be distracted by the change in the caves appearance. Hardly noticing anything else.

"What could do such a thing?"
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

once the man gets closet enough you can tell something off hes in Rira military garb but is clearly disheveled and his eyes are wide. He’s mumbling to his self and when addressed he interrupts with “he said I could do it he did…. Help…. I could for rira.. help with pain…”
every word seems to be a sharp stab in his mind and when he stops between words he tends to jerk uncontrollably to the left this draws all of your attention to a dark spot he had been covering with one had a dark purple flued on his side. As he mumbles a raven lands on a tree nearby and caws softly the noise seems to startle the man and he screams. He then runs head long into the cave forest leaving you all in a dead silence
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella turns to the group "So, yeah, that was strange. Anyone have any thoughts as to what that could have been about?" She asks staring after the strange man running away.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Yes very odd." Skarnos will then turn to look at the other person that approached.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

"Well, so much for my distraction. " Sighing, he tosses the rock from his hand and looks around wondering where the crazed man came from, or if he dropped any clues.

"I didn't enjoy the sight of his twitches. Almost makes me think that this isn't a perfectly peaceful purple forest cave or something." Eyes widening, "Hey! Say that five times fast!"
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

as the three stand looking at the cave the bird takes flight. soaring it lands on the the handle of a huge sword poking out from where it was slung on the back of an elf. standing with a wolf by her side she waves(see Sasha's description in the character descriptions) "hello i'm Sasha i was on my way to Niblim. my wolf here detected this cave and we decided to investigate. something seems off and i suggest you all leave for your safety"
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Our safety? Headmaster Cross has sent us to investigate what is going on. We should be able to handle this. or he would not have sent us." Skarnos will take a better look at the elf. "You look like you might be an asset if you were to join up with us."
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Bella puts her hands on her hips and rolls her eyes "Not to be that person, but how do we know we can trust her? I mean she just appears out of no where with a wolf and clearly is trying to get rid of us." Bella turns to Sasha crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows, "So what is your deal?"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"When you look at it that way... How I do I really know I can trust any of you... I was skipping class, to have lunch, and I met you folks. Now here we are." He will shrug his shoulders.

"This all seems odd as it is. Someone with a sword like that... hopefully she can swing it."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Sasha starts at head master crosses mention "you know the head master? do you know the owner of the hogs ride in? i was on my way to visit him when i got side tracked. well meet him would be more accurate as it will be the first time meeting my half brother"
Nebram puffs out his chest "ya why should i trust you!?"
Sasha's eyebrows quirk up "well dose that look like a safe place? do you need to trust someone who tells you not to put your hand in a fire?"
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Skarnos gasps.

"You are a legacy child! Any relation to Rivi is a welcome addition to my party!"