Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Adventurers in Narmaren

This is a Hackmaster v4 (aka AD&D 2.5E parody) game.

This campaign is currently in developmental/debug stages.

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Adventurers in Narmaren

Post by Chris1234 »

"That went well," comments Polly with understatement. "What do you want to do next? We could follow the river down to the coastal path in case we can see any more of the shepherd's body. Then head north back to Namaren. What do you think?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sounds like a plan. He says, readying his bow as soon as they are outside.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The pair follow the river uneventfully until a short distance from the road when they see 3 small fellows, gnomes by the look of them, sitting next to the river apparently taking a rest.
Their backpacks are strewn with some strange looking tools, and one gnome caries a tent. The tools appear to be for digging, sieving and other ones that are difficult to identify.

Will you approach? Or avoid?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

What do you think? Sieving tools suggest prospectors. They might be jumpy thinking someone out for their claim, but they might have seen something...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sound like you want to talk to them. Otherwise you'll only lay awake at night wondering, hmm?" replies Polly who heads off to see the three.

As Polly approaches the three sun-baked gnomes, it’s obvious they’re wary as they clutch their pick axes.
One wears dirty but rugged looking coveralls and takes a pace forward, talking in a strange tongue and then switching to Forcuran, “That’s close enough, strangers. What be your business here?”

The other pair are wearing leather armour.
Polly pauses and waits for Ruehar to speak to the trio.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ho there, friends. We're just looking for an old Sheep herder named Piebald. Found a few stray sheep not far from here and thought he might be about. You wouldn't happen to know him or a fellow named Porkins? Or seen any sheep herders about lately?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Several moments pass and then the tension, such as it was, eases and hands relax on picks.
After looking at each other, the coveralls fellow speaks up. "Nope, dunno a Piebald. Not be mixin' with herders. We knows Porkins. Makes good traps. Rabbit better than beans."
The back left gnome shuffles, then speaks up, "Porkins was seized by the gobbos."

Coveralls-gnome doubles takes, "Eh? You never said nowt" What's goin' on?"
The shuffler says, "Couldn't do nuffing so not worth saying about it. 'E was grabbed some days ago. Taken away on a boat."
The other gnome in leathers comments, "Shame. Damn fine traps." Coveralls-gnome grimaces.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

What?! Goblins got Porkins?! Was it hobgoblins or normal goblins? he looks at Polly in shock, then back to the Gnomes. We just saw him this morning! He adopts a look of grim determination. Where? he says darkly. Where did they go with him?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

" 'Obgoblins o' course. 'E was shacked. I just kept still an they did'n' see me." He scratches his beard. "Maybe I gots the name wrong. All sound the same bein' honest. The trapper. Tent city.."

Polly describes him, "Name of Earnie," and the gnome nods as if to shake his head loose, "Yer, that's 'im. Why?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I've been looking for him. His niece is worried and i promised to help. I don't guess you have any clues where that ship might have been headed?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The shuffling gnome volunteers, "Meets with their mates, slavers all, on the bit of a beach jus' south of town. Takes 'em south along the coast. Guessin' beyond that."
The other two look at each other and shrug, apparently not knowing any more than that.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ruehar thanks the gnomes kindly, then turns back to Polly. I suppose we've found where he's been taken... maybe Chett can fill me in on what this camp is like. Howsabout we get back to tent city before i get any more holes poked in my hide?

[what is the honor debt in a situation like this? He has found what happened to the man, but taking on a massive group of slavers with just one or two others might be a bit much. Chet probably knows as much about slavers around here as anyone...]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Polly just smiles at the gnomes and gives them a wide margin when she walks around them.
When there's a goodly distance past the gnomes, Polly nods, "I don't know of any camp. Cheff is the best person to ask. He hates slavery with a real passion. People round here turn a blind eye to some of the things he does. Like releasing slaves. 'Rescuing' he calls it."
She takes a long breathe, "Most slavers are hobgoblin, or half-hobgoblin, and I hate them both. That's partly why we get on so well, see. So, where do you stand in all this?"

While the companions talk the hills seems to roll away behind them and they find themselves on the coastal track ready to turn left towards Narmaren.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ruehar glances at polly when she speaks of slavery and the hobgoblins. The way i grew up, slavery wasn't really in my view much... i guess i was too caught up in living my life and i really don't remember encountering it much at all. he starts.

But, it's my nature to think people should be free. I guess slavery is legal for a reason, but attacking people and taking them as slaves sure as hells isn't. He glances at the halfling again and back to their path. On my way to tent-city i killed a couple of hobgoblins... they were attacking some travelers just to take them as slaves... One was a young woman named Abbie, you might remember her. Well, old Piebald might know where her uncle Earnie is, and I told her i'd try to find him... But this... he shakes his head, The illegal slavery garbage boils my bloood. he says grimly.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, perhaps you'd like to join Cheff and and me. We do what we can, little though it is," offers Polly earnestly. "Obviously say nothing to others. The pnealy for interfering with this vile trade is, guess what? Slavery." She shakes her head and the pair continue back to town without seeing anything else of the shepherd.

======
OOC: Unless there's anything else you want to squeeze in, I'm going call this 'end of session' (as the pair reach Naramen) and work out honour and xp.