Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Out of Harmony" (Game Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

"I don't need to study or whatever. I can help keep watch!"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, if no one want healing..? And we should close and fasten all the shutters, just in case."
Unless anything else crops up, Jerry seeks out Merrick and tries to settle down to sleep with him in the same location they'd found earlier.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you Jerry." Mira reaches up squeezing her shoulder. "I'll sleep here, you all get some rest. If I hear something.. I'll tell you alright."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I don’t think I'll be sleeping anytime soon... pretty wound up after that!

Pyros will fidget in his pouches.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry gives Mira a big hug, their flesh pressing briefly, "Alright."

Disengaging, she turns to Pyros, "If anything of mine, or Merrick's, has found it's way into your pockets, pouches and so forth, now would be a great time to return them." She smiles sweetly, letting the small chap know she doesn't blame him for being a light fingered little (g"t) fellow.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We have an understanding. Don't we Pyros?" Mira winks at the Kender. "Ok, you all go to sleep, Pyros will guard the door. Won't you?"

Returning the hug she whispers quietly. "Go be with Merrick. Enjoy what you can."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The Mystran smiles at the friendly, albeit mysterious woman, "Night then."
She goes off to do as bid.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"His, yours, hers... you large ones and your 'mine mine mine' "Pyros will start to dump his pouches on the closest table. Keeping the mice in their pouch.
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis finds a quiet corner somewhere and has his meditations and devotions for his daily blessings of spells, then nods off to sleep. In the morning he will make sure he fills his waterskin with fresh water...upstream from where the animals enter.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick and Jerry head upstairs, as do the family. Pyros dumps his pouches, finding everything as it was last time, and no newly acquired trinkets... for now. Cal and Adran take up places in the kitchen, and Elsa makes up a spot by the side door with a few blankets. Artanis finds some privacy in the storeroom connecting the kitchen and side door, while Cross takes a spot in the den on one of the couches.

The house is quickly shuttered up tight, Pyros having volunteered for the first watch.

[Any last-minute interactions?]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry tells Merrick what she saw and thanks him for the stones.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira closes her eyes, keeping her swords close by she slips into an uneasy sleep.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will setup a blanket nest by the door. With his winter blanket. He will play with his mice to keep awake after gathering up the pouch contents. When he feels like his watch should be over he will go tug on Artanis' shirt sleeve.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The party heads off to their improvised beds as Pyros sets himself up for first watch. Throughout the night there is no disturbance... although about an hour affter Pyros begins his watch he imagines he hears a terrible, mournful howl from miles and miles away...

Eventually, to those not on watch, sleep comes. And with it, dreams...

[I'm closing this thread now and I'll try to get the xp resolved and assigned by Friday mid-afternoon US time.]
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

It took a bit longer to calculate xp than I anticipated, sorry about that.

ThaWizKid hasn’t logged in for 2 months (to the day actually) so I’m going to NPC him for now, and he may wander off from the party before long if TWC doesn’t return.

Spyguy was online 2 weeks ago, but hasn’t posted in the game in over a month, so I’m not sure what to think about that. I guess Cal will be temporarily NPC as well unless Spyguy returns soon.

Experience is mostly about interacting with others and the environment and trying things, even if they don’t work. The frequency and quality of participation is a huge part of RP xp.

Alrighty, drumrooooolll!

XP and Rewards (for game day 2/26 and 2/27/736)
Tasks/Jobs:
Party: Meet Akriel in Skald at The Old Kartakan Inn in 5 days (Barovian Calendar: Sunday March 2nd, year 736)
Artanis: Gather supplies for Rautant (listed) partial completion
Mira: Play at Broken Wheel

Group Rewards:
Story XP:
Defender of the Common Man: 200 each (Agreed to help Maria and Ontash, protected their home from “The Creature”)
Bonus: Family members unharmed +50
=> group xp 250 each

Combat XP:
Homestead Fight (Wolfman and 4 wolves): [Artanis, Cross, Elsa, Mira, Pyros] Forced retreat
2,260 xp/ 5 characters = 462 xp each
(no participation from Merrick, Cal or Adran during combat. Elsa at least let pyros in and guarded him outside)

Loot:
200 gp for aiding the constable

HD:
Wolfman: 5HD+1hps => 6 HD
4 Wolves: [Wolves 4 (2HD+2 hps) = 4x3 = 12 HD]

Individual XP:
Adran [ThaWizKid] Male Elven Mage (3) Militant Wizard Kit
[Current 5,000 xp]
Group Reward: 250 xp
Sensible type: 100 xp (caution in tower, surrender when outmatched, attempt to negotiate and parlay w/enemy, biding time)
Protection from Evil: 50 xp (before entering misty storeroom in the ancient Dwarven tower)
Magic Missile 2x: 100 xp (vs rogue in storeroom, vs Aglos & Dirk by fireside)
Banter: 100 xp (w/aglos playing dumb, learning use of scroll and journal, pretending to cooperate, w/ rogues)
Acquire Mentor’s Scroll! 100 xp [still locked in the tiny chest, no key. Char goal]
Acquire Journal to interpret scroll! 50 xp [Char Goal]
“Far and Wide” 25 xp (transition to Ravenloft 25)
‘Party time!’: 100 xp (Meet up with the party)
“Helping Hands”: 25 xp (Offering Maria assistance at grave)
Subtotal: 900 (+10% for high Int) = 990
Total: 5,990 xp xp (10,000 TNL)

Artanis [Kerap] Male Half-Elven Ranger/Druid (2/2)
[Current 4,256/3,836 xp]
Combat xp: 462 xp
“Deadly Hunter”: 360 xp (Ranger only) (10 xp per lvl per HD creatures defeated [10*Rgr lvl 2* 18hd])
Endure Cold: 100 xp (Druid only)(on roof, avoided cold penalty to dex)
Entangle: 100 xp (Druid only)(on wolves)
“Methodical”: 40 xp (Rational voice, Gear upkeep, Herb hunting, delivery,
“Finding our place”: 75 xp (Talks with mira ghost, home, party leadership plans)
“Ghosts in his head…?“: 75 xp (Rp reactions w/ ghostly visitor, Revealing details about his past and the ghost, mental sparring with himself))
“Fishing the day away” 30 xp (Fishing at farm until nightfall, asking about equipment and good spots, biscuit bait)
“CSI Harmonia”: 100 xp (mult Investigations at the jail, speaking w/ Seargent, search at amphitheater & cliff, at farm)
“Crusty Curmudgeon”: 100 xp (waiting for others, and again, jibes about the girls, mime sitting, impatience)
Misc RP: 20 xp (Suggesting flowers, talk w/ adran)
“This is MY house, I have to protect it!”: 50 xp (participated in planning the defense of the farm)
Banter: 30 xp (w/pyros about ‘borrowing’, teasing about jokes and antics, w/mira)
Breakdown: General 1,232 = (616/616) + (360/200)
Subtotal: 976/816
Total: 5,232/4,652 xp (4500/4000 TNL)

Ranger lvl 3! AND Druid lvl 3!
Hps [(1d10+1d8)/2]
+1 WP
+1 NWP
Thac0 improves to 18
+5% HS, +6% MS
+1 tracking NWP
+1 lvl 2 priest spell/day!
+1 to Fear and Horror saves

Cal [Spyguy1503] Male Gnome Thief/Illusionist (3/2) Custom “Improvisationalist” kit
[Current 3,697/3,887 xp]
“All that Glitters…” 50 xp (Rogue only) (2xp/gp: 25 gp from Reward)
Detect Magic 50 x (Mage Only) (in jail)
Consistency: 50 xp (spellbook personalized, introducing McWhiskers to Pyros’ mice)
Misc RP: 50 xp (Talk about mist w/lambrey, Smacks pyros for ‘eating’ wolfsbane)
“Helping Hands”: 20 xp (Helping with Herb hunting, delivery)
‘Fishing elsewhere" 50 xp (Flowers for Sanne, rp w/ sanne)
Breakdown: General 420 = (210/210) + (50/50)
Subtotal: 260/260 (+10% for high Int and Dex) = 286/286
Total: 3,983/4,173 xp (5,000/5,000 TNL)

Cross [Rivi] Male Elf Mage (3)
[Current 7,098 xp]
Phantasmal Force: 50 xp (Illusion of Ontash)
Pondering/researching Gar: 100 xp (at inn, woods, Toad’s Toe, farm)
"Helping Hands": 20 xp (herb hunting, delivery)
Consistency: 75 xp (Anger at magic intolerance and farmer's plight, meditate in nature at farm, consistent with est char, investigating/discussing planes)
“This is MY house, I have to protect it!”: 50 xp (participated in planning the defense of the farm)
Persistent: 25 xp (Lured a wolf out of hiding to be attacked by Art)
Subtotal: 1,032 (+10% for high Int) = 1,135
Total: 8,233 xp (10,000 TNL)

Jerry [Chris1234] Female Half-Elf Cleric/Mage(Dweomerkeeper) (2/2) Undead Slayer kit
[Current 3,415/3,205 xp]
Magical Stone 100 xp (Cleric Only)
Detect Magic: 50 xp (mage only) (farm)
Cantrips: 5 xp (Mage only)(5/ea: clean up at inn)
“Getting to Know you”: 100 xp (talks w/Mira about crown, the land, music, meeting cal)
“Girl Talk”: 75 xp (w Mira about own origins, relationships, dreams)
“The Grand Tour:” 125 xp (RP w/Merrick: dreams, relationship talk, PDA, moving in?!?! ‘opposed grapple checks’)
“Enterprising”: 100 xp (talk w/Serath about papermaking, book binding, magic item jewelry creation, looking for side work)
Banter: 50 xp (w/pyros about ‘borrowing’, teasing Pyros about jokes and antics, teasing merrick)
Spreading the art: 20 xp (Mystra, spell swap extra xp)
Misc RP: 100 xp (Sharing about her father w/ merrick and mira, Language practice, attentive listening for differences, words and prhases)
Talk shop: 50 xp (Cleric tall w/elsa, magic w Merrick, w/ mira)
Breakdown: General 1,382 = (691/691) + (100/55)
Subtotal: 791/746 (+10% for high Int ) = 791/821
Total: 4,206/4,026 xp (4,000/5,000 TNL)

Cleric lvl 3!
Hps: [1d8/2]
+1 NWP
+1 lvl 2 priest spell/day!
+1 to Fear and Madness saves

Mira [Jenara] Female Human Bard (4)
[Current 8,392]
“Lover And a Fighter”: 360 xp (5 xp per lvl per HD creatures defeated [5*Bard lvl 4* 18hd])
Armor spell: 25 (on self in inn)
Magic missile: 25 xp (vs Wolfman)
“All that Glitters…” 10 xp (Bard 1xp/gp: 10 gp from Reward)
"Girl talk": 100 xp (lots of RP with Elsa incl: questions, about Elsa’s home, about others, w/Laisa and Azais)
Cantrips 2/26: 30 xp (5/ea. dim lights for show, floating scarf cantrip, flower cantrip, dancing drumbeat, scent of rain, wave sound)
Cantrips 2/27: 15 xp (cleaning, perfume in jail, warding in room)
Performing: 100 xp (in depth w/several extensive posts, working on routine with Airand, practicing for elsa)
“Getting to Know you”: 100 xp (talks w/Jerry about crown, land, music, homelands, Dancing with merrick, talking about Krynn and Sithicus)
"Matchmaker matchmaker": 30 xp (Airand and Azais, Pyros and Elsa, Jerry and Merrick)
“Finding our place”: 75 xp (Talking to Artanis about ghost, home, party leadership plans)
Jail visit: 150 (ask about guards and Bakki’s family, Devon and resting place, sideline RP with Yasir, acquired party reward!)
“Making the Rounds:” 50 xp (Talks w/John, having Bakki’s sword inspected, scabbard personalized, w/ marie trying to help)
Remembrance: 40 xp (RP concern about Yasir, reaction to disappearance, leaving his gear in storage, weapons and armor at smithy w/money)
Banter: 50 xp (lots w/elsa, w/ artanis, w/jerry)
“CSI Harmonia”: 100 xp (jail investigation, sent pyros for artanis, jerry for the town guard, investigate performer’s belongings)
Misc RP: 50 xp (Getting details about the attack from the family, volunteering the group to help, Comforting and sensitivity towards the family, singing for them)
Subtotal: 2,072
Total: 10,464 xp (10,000 TNL)

Bard lvl 5!
Hps: [1d6]
Thac0 improves to 18
+15 rogue skill points
+1 lvl 1 mage spell/day!
+1 to PPDM, PetPoly and BW saves
+2 to RSW and Spell saves
+1 to Fear, Horror and Madness saves

Pyros [Nocturno] Male Kender “Handler”[Theif] (4)
[Current 7,995 xp]
“All that Glitters…” 50 xp (Rogue 2xp/gp: 25 gp from Reward)
Roguery: 200 xp (Sneaking during the Jail investigation)
Accessorizing: 50 xp [Fashion (red wig, green suspenders, bracelet), pouches (inspecting, sorting, check & recheck)]
Kender Antics: 100 xp (NoPunctuationSometimes, flightiness and fidgetery, jokes, ride the lift?, general silliness)
"Fun and Games": 75 xp (Play with mice, Puzzle #2 solved! Redstone dice, “eating” wolfsbane)
"Helping Hands": 20 xp (herb hunting, delivery)
"Women troubles": 100 xp (trying to figure things out with elsa, Flowers and apologies, asking advice, rp w/elsa)
"Brave lad": 30 xp (wants to go chase ghosts and wolves… at night… in Ravenloft…, going first into cell area, lookout on roof)
"… And my shadow": 40 xp (following Art: jail investigation, cliff, fishing, along road
"CSI Harmonia": 100 xp (going first into cell area, investigation, call for artanis, found bloody hairs on bars, cliff and amphitheater, farm)
Misc RP: 20 xp (Talk about mist w/lambrey, Fishing at farm until nightfall)
Subtotal: 1,547 (+10% for Dex) = 1,702
Total: 9,697 xp (10,000 TNL)