Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1: Welcome to Woodhaerst

A fun, open-to-all, fly by the seat of your britches D&D5e adventure that happens in a town you probably haven't heard of to the tune of a bard's song you definitely haven't heard of. Strangers will unite in strange places and meet strange people before the day is done.

Moderator: Nova Lunis

Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to Woodhaerst

Post by Rivi »

rose stands up walking following the crowed talking to the darkness"owlbears hmmm well owls eat mice and bears eat fish so id assume one or the other or maybe both..orr...fishmice? although i imagine they like honey too"
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
NickKage1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by NickKage1 »

Grognak leans back in his rickety chair slightly with a maiden under each of his arms. As he stretches out, he mistakenly slaps one of his noble handlers with the back of his knuckles, the one sitting behind him and in one smooth motion, smiling, winking, and stealing an ale from the one noble sitting next to the other. Grognak looks toward the stage with the treeline behind it, leans over to one of the maidens and asks, "I wonder how long it took to paint all them leafs..." He trails off in a gaze. He stares in awe with a half-drunken bewilderment, waiting for the show to start.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

The high elf wizard takes the stage and the crowd hushes. Good people of Woodhaerst and travellers alike, welcome! Prepare to be amazed.

He does small minor illusions, making fire and sparks and flashes appear around the stage. He takes off his hat and doves, bats and butterflies fly out of it. The crowd oooooohs and aaaaaahs. Rabbits line up and do the can-can for the small children in the front row. He makes a manticore appear and then disappear right in the middle of the stage.

The crowd goes wild, and the wizard holds out his hands for silence.

Now, for my grandest act, I will hypnotize a portion of the audience. Do I have any volunteers?

He turns and looks directly at Pik, off to the back of the stage as if he expected him to be there. You all feel a tingling sensation at the backs of your necks.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Pik sits, enjoying the show and trying to figure out if it is all magic or sleight of hand, looking for tips to better his own practice. He waves when the wizard looks, but doesn't volunteer.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I will volunteer!"says Rowan and takes a pace forwards.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sornin liking to be the one to play the tricks will not volunteer.
Lithain
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lithain »

My heart skips a beat as confliction slowly brews within me, upon feeling something akin to my transformative time with the lovely Dryad.

"Hypnotize..hmm.." I soothingly rub the back of my tingling neck.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, choosing to sit this one out. Silently I mouth what little I could remember of the Dryad's songs that seemed to stick with me, feeling my heart begin to beat a touch slower.
NickKage1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by NickKage1 »

Amazement fills Grognaks eyes with wonder of the spectacle the wizard presents. When the wizard asks for volunteers, as Grognak was hoping, anticipating that word, both arms shoot into the air, knocking and messing the hair of the maidens beside him. Grognak heads toward the stage without thinking he might not be picked, glances back to the crowd, smiles, flexes and continues forward.
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Although not his thing Carrion finishes his drink then moves to the edge of the crowd to watch the volunteers get hypnotized, something he had always been curious about. He thought it was non-sense for the most part, but there was something compelling about this Elf. To his right he sees a noble man and is tempted to take the coin purse that is hanging off his belt, but something inside him says not to and he listens to his instincts. The Ale is starting to kick in and he is starting to feel happy, something he hasn't felt since his father died.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

rose stands near the back preferring to watch the show than be in it. the darkness seemingly agrees and stays quite.
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

The wizard looks disappointed as only a few people take the stage. He ushers Rowan and Grognak into the center of the stage amidst clapping as well as a human male who waved sheepishly to his wife while walking up the wooden steps into the spotlight.

Come now, I need the very best for my show, I know there are more talented people in the audience who would love to take part.

Carrion, you feel something sharp poke you in the back through your cloak and a rough voice half-whispers
I've waited a long time to kill you. You took my father from me and now you're going to pay for it

The rest of you all hear a message at the same time as if it's being whispered to you and only you
Time to come on stage and take a nap

Widsom saving throws please.
D20 + Wisdom Modifier + Proficiency modifier
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Not happening, buddy. Pik quietly yips in Kobold as he rolls off the back edge of the stage and disappears into the crowd.

----
Pik wis save vs magician [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17: W007

Pik stealth check hide in crowd [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13
CarrionStyles
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CarrionStyles »

Carrion scowled, in his line of work he had killed many people, he wasn't surprised that someone would be out to avenge their father. He considered his next move carefully, he was sure he could easily take down the man behind him, but that may cause a spectacle and he was a wanted man. He hears the Wizard ask again for volunteers, he rolls his eyes, sighs and raises his hand, "I volunteer" he says loudly and starts making his way forward to the stage, leaving the angry man at the back of the crowd.