Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chris1234-(Private Thread)

A fun, open-to-all, fly by the seat of your britches D&D5e adventure that happens in a town you probably haven't heard of to the tune of a bard's song you definitely haven't heard of. Strangers will unite in strange places and meet strange people before the day is done.

Moderator: Nova Lunis

Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Chris1234-(Private Thread)

Post by Rivi »

This is a Private Thread for Chris1234
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Chris1234-(Private Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

Thx for letting me in!
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Testing :) Remember I'm very new to this format of DM'ing so if I faux-pas in any way let me know ASAP so I can fix it!! What's your play-style, more hack'n'slash or roleplay or right down the middle?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

whatever comes my way I try to deal with.
Not the best RPer in the world but I try.
I'm awful for bleeding names across though.

Ok, want me to type up a rogue? Or a cleric?
Both done (paper & pen) for campaigns that didn't really go far.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

From the very little I've seen I want to say cleric. I know there's at least 1 straight up rogue in the group already, but honestly you can have too many rogues and you can never have too many clerics imo.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Rowan Greystone, Male Hill Dwarf, Cleric (Alcolyte) of Lathander (Life Domain), Level: 1 [D&D 5th Ed]
Alignment: NG, Height: 4’0”, Weight 140lb’, HD (d8): 1, Hit Points: 11/11, XP: 0/300
STR:16/+3, INT:14/+2, WIS:18/+4, DEX:11/+0, CON:15/+2, CHR:10/+0 Proficiency Bonus: +2

AC: 18 [Chainmail AC 16, Shield +2AC], Initiative: +0, Speed: 25,
Warhammer: to hit +5, damage 1d8+3 (Versatile 1d10+3), Light Crossbow: to hit +2, damage 1d8, range 80/320
Saving Throws: STR +3, INT +2, WIS +6(prof.), DEX +0, CON +2, CHR +2 (prof.)
Abilities: Darkvision, Dwarven resilience (Adv. V poison & resistance v poison); Hill Dwarf toughness (+1 hit point/level); Shelter of the Faithful
Proficiencies: Light, medium, heavy armour, shields, all simple weapons, battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, warhammer; smith’s tools.
Skills: [Double proficiency bonus to History skill relating to stonework]
Acrobatics (D) 0, Animal Handling (W) 4, Arcana (I) 3, Athletics (S) 3, Deception (Ch) 0, History (I, prof.) 5,
Insight (W, prof.) 6, Intimidation (Ch) 0, Investigation (I) 3, Medicine (W) 4, Nature (I) 3, Perception (W) 4,
Performance (Ch) 0, Persuasion (Ch, prof.) 2, Religion (I, prof.) 5, Sleight of Hand (D) 0, Stealth (D) 0, Survival (W) 4
Languages: Celestial, Common, Dwarvish, Elvish.
Spells [Life Domain], Cure spells +(2+level) hit pts extra:
1st Level: Bane, Bless, Command, Create/Destroy Water, Cure Wounds, Detect Evil/Good, Detect Magic, Detect Poison & Disease, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Protection from Evil/Good, Purify Food & Drink, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith. [Bless, Cure Wounds]]
Spells memorised (Spell Save DC = 14, Spell Att Modifier = +6)::
Cantrips: Guidance, Resistance, Sacred Flame
1st Level: 2: Bless, Create Water, Detect Magic, Shield of Faith, Sanctuary, [Cure Wounds]
Gear:
Head - None
Neck - Tiny pouch (hidden) [0.1 lbs)
Torso - Chainmail (Stealth disadvantage, 55lb), backpack (5lb)
Back - Shield (Holy Symbol Emblem on shield, 6lb), waterskin (2 pints) (5lb), light crossbow (5lb); + 20 bolts (1½lb);
Waist - Black leather belt, small black belt pouches (x2, 1lb), Warhammer (2lb); hand axe (4lb)
Feet - Knee-high black boots
Backpack - Vestments, common clothes (3lb), ), mess kit (1lb), large sack (0. lb), trail rations (10 days, 20lb), parchment (x2), chalk (0.1lb), Wooden Holy symbol, prayerbook (5lb), ), 5 sticks of incense
Tied to Backpack: bedroll (7lb), 50’ silk rope (5lb), grappling hook (4lb), 7 torches (7lb)
Neck pouch - Topaz (15gps)
Small belt pouch 1 - Flint and steel (0.1lb), lamp oil (x2) (2lb), pitons (x4) (2lb), hammer (1lb)
Small belt pouch 2 - large sack (0.5lb), 3 torches (3lb)
Stowed Gear: None

Appearance: 50 years old. Blue eyes, bald, ginger beard.
Traits: I’ve spent so long in the temple that I’ve little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world. I am tolerant of other beliefs and respect the worship of other gods. Ideal: I always try to help those in need. Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago. Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Looks good. Got a specific story about your character you want to share? The more i know the more i can do with my idea for this campaign or if you want your character to be more of a mystery without much of a story thatll work too. Let me know how you want to play it :)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Novice, knows a bit about a lot but its all textbook stuff. Little experience of life (street-life anyway) and ridiculously keen to experience anything and everything what's legal and permitted (now that he's been permitted to leave the cloisters.)
Innocent really and needs looking after.

Need some sort of details on world/starting place to be able to give you much more..
Happy for you to work in a plot hook for why he left the temple (provided there is no element of disgrace on his behalf.)
Happy to try to work with and go along with whatever you need me to.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

I'm trying to keep the details down until I post it, I'd like it to be exciting when we start but you'll be at a fair. I'm going to do a pre-post that details the fair and you can all let me know where you are there/ what you're exploring, partaking in, etc. If you have anything very specific you need to know just ask away
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Nova Lunis wrote:Once everybody let's me know what they want to do and their initiative roll I'll post how much you can do of what you each attempt.
Could everybody please message me in their private thread with what their preferred weapon would be if you could have ONLY ONE ?
1) Will do this in the main thread..
2) Warhammer
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Got you marked for a warhammer :)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thanks.
======
Nova Lunis wrote:Rowan you realize the writing is not celestial although it does remind you of it in an eerie way...
History check on the book: This reminds you of books you've heard of before - ones that are completely finished but the knowledge within has been hidden away and must be unlocked somehow
Arcana check on the book: This is old magic. This is the oldest magic you've ever felt. It feels neither good nor evil, just pure. You feel as though it's attuned to you in some way.
Investigation check on the book: When holding the book it feels 'right' - the image of everybody around it becomes stronger and brighter then flares out with a bang as you hear the portal go off downstairs.
OK, this feels very much like the relic (re char background) that Rowan is set on searching for. Sanity check: is it in accord with what Rowan was expecting? (I think I deliberately left the item details open to make it easier for you..)
If yes, a simple GM nod that it's no an elaborate hoax to con Rowan (by the wizard, gem, other entity as yet unidentified) and that it actually is as above (completely irrespective of whether its recovered by Rowan or even recoverable by Rowan or not) will stop me (player) driving you (GM) nuts by finding ways to try and check for hoax. (I play in a long running campaign where GM does exactly that kind of thing). For BPEM (ie here) its likely to distract from storyline proper, so if you can nod it then Rowan will accept as an act of faith. Hope that's ok.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Okay this is a little tricky without giving away too much of the plot which is about to be revealed very shortly. Do you want to wait a little longer and see if it aligns with your character's background?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sure, np.