Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Nocturno-(Private Thread)

A fun, open-to-all, fly by the seat of your britches D&D5e adventure that happens in a town you probably haven't heard of to the tune of a bard's song you definitely haven't heard of. Strangers will unite in strange places and meet strange people before the day is done.

Moderator: Nova Lunis

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Nocturno-(Private Thread)

Post by Nocturno »

I know you said in the sandbox you weren't keeping tight rules on stuff, but I am also learning lol

I think my Charisma bonus is 4 from 18 Charisma, which means I can use Bardic Inspiration 4 times between long rests.

Which I will use one a axe throwing participant if it fits into some RP you want to add.

Backstory - Hopefully Short enough to keep your attention but long enough to cover the important bits.

Sornin had a fairly normal life in the forest. Living with his family, even starting to learn his fathers trade. For as long as history was kept, his family created the instruments the entire village relied upon. From religious ceremonies to celebrations, they used the instruments made by his family.

As with most of his family as the kids came of age, they would go to the surrounding areas, and sell some instruments, and trade for materials not readily available to them in their immediate part of the forest.

While doing this Sornin noted how easily he could convince some folk to trade, even when the trade would not benefit them. He started to hone this ability. It grew, and by the time he had been out peddling the instruments for only a short time, he had become the most successful salesman the family ever had. The rest of the family could not meet the demand for the instruments he was selling.

Having this backlog in orders gave Sornin time to experience the better things about travelling. Inns and non-strings attached relations. Until on one trip he fell for Carfu, a female Orc, after every sales journey, he would visit her on the way home, and they quickly were planning their future together.

On his last sales trip before the cold season set in, he stopped in to see Carfu, and found her in the throes of passion with several partners.

Heartbroken he returned to his village, during that Winter Sornin grew very bitter. Wherever he went his mood seemed to spread like a storm cloud. He found he could create conflict and provoke fights among his fellow villagers. By the time mid-Winter rolled around, the town had started to tie the gloom to Sornin. They would try to cheer him up, unsuccessfully. When Spring arrived, he felt it was time for him to move on. Promising to his family to return once he could finally run his sales route without feeling the emptiness Carfu had left him with.

He set out on a journey, hoping to cleanse his "karma". In then second half of that Winter when everyone was busy trying to cheer him up, he realized that he must have marked too many things into his negative slate when he was getting customers to purchase his wares when they did not actually need them. On this journey, he will try to neutralize the view of own reputation, while having some fun along the way of course.

Ok, so from what I am getting in the Spellcasting chapter, is that Bards don't need to "memorize" spells. I can spend my spell slots on any of my 1st level spells.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Correctumondo about the spell slots, you don't do spells 'from a book' like a wizard although you'll notice at higher levels there are some that you'll have to prepare in advance since bards tend to kind of steal spells from other classes

EDIT - I have to actually double check that your bardic inspiration is characterized by your charisma modifier. It doesn't count as a cantrip so that makes sense.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

In the bard area pg 46 to 48 it says its uses are limited by my charisma modifier.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

Thank ye kindly. I don't remember everything about every class yet -_- Working on becoming pefect. I will become Mercer level soon.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

lol... I have figured out Bards...

I do GM also, so when I play, I strive to understand what I am doing so I can explain to the GM... so they don't have to have everything memorized.
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

I appreciate that A LOT :D
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Rapier please.