Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Rivi-(Private Thread)

A fun, open-to-all, fly by the seat of your britches D&D5e adventure that happens in a town you probably haven't heard of to the tune of a bard's song you definitely haven't heard of. Strangers will unite in strange places and meet strange people before the day is done.

Moderator: Nova Lunis

Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Rivi-(Private Thread)

Post by Rivi »

This is a Private Thread for Rivi
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Re: Rivi-(Private Thread)

Post by Rivi »

ok so as you might choke (understandably) at the wall of text underneath here’s the short hand if you wish to read her whole story I suggest switching to the wall of text:

Rose Faylin is a half elf warlock with a pact to the darkness, an old god. It only asks of her to answer questions of seemingly unimportant or irrelevant information and seams neither good nor evil. orphaned she was a lonely girl and the darkness came to her. she ran away and lived on the streets learning from her friend the darkness she is now an adventurer and investigator

Rose Faylin was the culmination of her mother Detta Faylin’s life work. Detta was an elf obsessed with power. in her studies she learned of the old gods and desperately wished to entreat with them. Using a spell to look into the future she longed for an answer to her works, to see if she would talk with her gods. instead she saw the end of her days. Although angered she wished for a legacy. She took a human mate from a town closet to her hidden tower. not anyone of significance simply a physically appealing male to her eye. she may not even have known his name. then she cast spell after spell, ritual after ritual apron herself and the pregnancy. when the baby came she was just a normal girl. Enraged her mother left her keep with the baby in swaddling clothes and left her outside of the home of the man or so she thought. the young babes cry’s attracted the attention of the old woman in side and she brought the babe in. being a generous sort decided to raise the child.

At the age of 12 rose had become just like any normal child… if a bit odd. She was half elf and in a town of secluded humans clearly an oddity. She was inquisitive beyond belief, intelligent and charming. For all her good nature and quick wit the other kids picked on her. Making fun of the fact that she did not having a real family and because she was half elf. The old woman had become infirmed buy this time and rose felt she shouldn’t bother her “grandmother”. As smart as she was she knew long ago she wasn’t really grandmothers granddaughter, this didn’t bother her. she loved grandmother but rose was now more the care taker of the of the old woman that the other way around. the town as a hole helped giving up what little food and fire wood they could spare but clearly saw the arrangement as a bother the old woman and half elf taking from the town. rose still need to forage and bring in fire wood every day after school lest they starve or freeze.

one day one of the kids a bully of sorts pushed rose to tears and she ran home to cry falling asleep in the middle of the day. that night when the sun had long set she woke to a whispering “you cried for a long time, then slept in the middle of the day. why did you do that?” rose looked around afraid but still her curious self “I…I was sad, they made fun of me for not having a real family” she said to the room at large without any one to talk to “the lack of a family makes you sad?” as the whispers spoke on the wall across from her bed which had been bathed in moon light now had shadows that danced and swayed into shapes of people. Not unlike the shadow puppets the traveling caravans used to entertain but with fare more detail that could be obtained that way. a little girl looking like rose and two almost detail less “parents” on either side. then they melted and the expression on the little girl turned to tears “no!.. no don’t do that she need someone to look after her. she’s so alone” the shadow seemed to think small changes in the shadows on the wall was the only thing giving away that “it” was still there. the little girl shadow puppet now looked confused “why would she need to not be alone or why would someone look after her?” the whispers questioned “being alone is scary and dangerous as well as…as…. hart braking…” rose almost started crying again but choked back her tears “others would help cause they love the little girl or to see her grow up strong” the whispers sounded existed as if remembering something “I could make you strong!” the shadow of the girl on the wall elongated and wisps of darkness flowed behind her. “why would you do that… do you love me?” the whispers came after a little time “I don’t know if I love you so it can’t be that what else could you do for me” the little girl thought and thought “I… I don’t know what do you want?” the whispers came after another long silence as if it didn’t know “you’ve answered my questions can you keep doing that?” the girl confused answered “I could try I don’t know a whole lot I’m only 12” the whispered purred “that’s a lot. it’s a pact you answer questions to the best of your ability and ill help you grow up strong” the shadow girls hand was held out as if to shake rose got up and walked across the room holding out her hand in surprise. the shadow girls arm came off the wall and when rose shook its hand it was solid if a little spongy and cool to the touch “what do I call you?” a raspy reply came back “I am the darkness and you are rose”

the next day rose woke not remembering getting into bed and thinking the whole thing a dream. She did feel rested and full of energy. getting dressed she looked under the bed for something to wear and the darkness whispered to her “wear a hood so I may be with you” rose startled fell over she had thought the darkness nothing but a dream. the shadows under her bed reiterated “please wear a hood so I can hid in the shadows inside it” “darkness your real?” the shadows under her bead shifted ”I don’t know. Are your real?” rose looked confused rose remembered the offer of strength and the friendly way they had spoken last night “you said you’d answer my questions “ she sat back “oh I forgot. yes I’m real?” although the question seemed to have more weight as she answered than it seemed it should. Rose did as the darkness asked and put on a hood and felt the shadows within become heavier cool and spongy like the girls hand last night “good” the darkens whispered in her ear “I’ll be here to help you grow and be strong. now what do people like to put in boxes?”

rose answer the questions best she could the darkness asked so much and some she couldn’t answer as she didn’t know. the darkens seemed to take the not answer as if it were just as much information as an actual answer. that day rose had an easier time working in school all the answers came to her easily. as if all the ideas in the heads around her were hers to pick from. on her way home the bullies from the other day fallowed her home “hey what’s with the hood” the thick necked bully cried after her. as they caught up to her “why does he want to know about your hood” rose whispered “I think he just wants a reason to pick on me” turning back to the bully “it’s just a hood what of it. leave me alone” the bully would not relent “afraid its going to rain and you’re going to melt” the bully and his two cronies started a sing song chant “crazy old rose living with the crazy old crone” and he pushed her towards a mud puddle. as she fell into the mud on her back she yelled “just leave me alone!” she shot her had towards him a beam of dark energy struck the bully. The dark energy threw him and his two cronies across the ally. they got up screaming and ran away. rose got up and ran back home.

Rose locked the door as she got in grandma was fast asleep in her chair. Rose ran to her room and started to pack “what’s going on” the darkness asked. that boy was the mayors son and they only keep me here cause I look after grandma over there. the old woman snorted “but they will have someone else take her in and shoe me out of town after… I used that that..” the darkness intruded “its called an eldritch blast. a simple spell I imparted to you to keep you safe. should I not have done that?” rose stopped for a second and evaluated her current situation “no that’s good I’m done with this life. grandma doesn’t even know I’m here you can teach me more than my teacher. I like the power I felt casting that spell. that pig did deserve it anyway and it’s not like he really hurt … is he?” the darkness answered softly “no you are too young to really cast that spell it would do little more than stun him a little. once your stronger it could do dome more damage or even fire more blasts at once” rose tied her bag. ”good I don’t want to hurt people if I don’t have to and I think it’s time we go somewhere more interesting like a big city” Banging came at the door “rose are you in there! what witchery did you do to my boy” the loud booming voice of the mayor rattled the wooden door. rose ran to grandma “love you I’m going now. they will have to look after you it’s there law. you’ll be fine maybe one day I’ll come see you” knowing full well that she’d never return to this place she kissed grandmas hand and the old lady smiled in her soft sleep still not interrupted by the increasing bangs on the door “you wont get away with this you little monster” the mayor sounded a little drun as he was most of the time rose ran to her room and vaulted out her open window and set off into the woods the darkness curled around her shoulders “a big town that dose sound more interesting what do they use for book marks?”

Rose and the darkness the grew up on the streets of several city’s never staying to long she learned more spells answered never ending questions and then how to use a spear her weapon need for self-defense then found her calling. she was an investigator and adventure for hire. she look into different maters and get info needed. Clear out small bands of monster or inform on rival guilds. the darkness helped her with new powers from time to time and now she looks for a new adventure.

this is what she looks like now
https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=htt ... MwhXKDMwMw
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

I love walls of text ! Is there anything you DO NOT want revealed from your characters past by me? I try not to reveal anything and leave that to you guys but if there's anything I should really tiip-toe around let me know :)
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

well only others can decide if there character believes in the darkness or not. if not they can just chalk up her oddity's to an imaginary friend others can believe its real but never speak directly with it or see it. as for the darkness we can do it one of two ways in my mind one you just play the darkness. whenever you want have it ask her inane questions like what color people prefer there socks to be and rose will try to find the answer or i can play it. my idea is at the beginning of every post ill roll a d20 and if its over half ill ask a question. the only thing important to me about the darkness is that it never seem anything but nutrule not evil or good. the idea is what it wants is so vast and beond us morality as we know it dosent fit. as for anything else its up to you have fun with it
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

here is rose's sheet
Attachments
rose 3.PNG
rose 3.PNG (68.57 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
rose 2.PNG
rose 2.PNG (125.08 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
rose sheet one.PNG
rose sheet one.PNG (121.84 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

I love the idea of you asking a question if you roll 10+
I'll also likely have it ask questions when I do blocks of descriptive text to layout a scene, I'll make sure I keep it neutral.
I really enjoy your characters background :D Later when I reveal a large bit of plot (much later) I'll need you to decide how you want to work the darkness in. you'll understand when it happens. So excited.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

i made a mistake when posting the speel page it was an old one she should have a spell bonuses of +5 not +4
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

All good :)
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

ok im going to post the darkness's input here so others will not see it just for fun so you see a * in the midle of somthing you can imput the darkness's text

"i wonder what the one on the left thinks is better fish or the color purple?"
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

And from now on I'm going to check here before I post randomly LOL
I feel like that will work well.

How do you see that being formatted? Do you want me to say it's the darkness saying it? Or say it's a small voice?
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

the darkness is fine
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

darkness test [1d20] = 8
the darkness sleeps
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Nova Lunis
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Nova Lunis »

So, your character is magically knocked out right now but the darkness in your hood is completely surrounded by pitch blackness. If you want it to interact, speak, anything, feel free. Keep in mind the stage is in a spotlight - kinda dealio and then just nothingness all around except for the candle.

:D
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

the darkness has no interest here until rose wakes up it cant ask her a question if she unconscious
Characters:
The Forge-dm
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

Rose uses a spear but more for show and poking at people to keep them out off her reach shes using magic in battle mostly
Characters:
The Forge-dm