Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 12: Testing Grounds

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 12: Testing Grounds

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas thinks a moment and says, "If you run you will make it. We will hold out the make shift stick Selowen is leaning on and pull you to ensure you pass quickly. What spells have you learned today? Maybe they can be helpful." He wait to Selowen to come near him to execute the plan. "Lean on me and pull strong once he grabs the stick." he tells her.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"The adventuring band? You mean those people that we did that one job with? No idea."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Included an interesting fella called Haahque, I think," Shima tries to clarify.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"Anything vegetarian," Sadron replies. "Do you need some help?" he asks, getting to his feet.

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth)
"I have some enchantment and necromantic spells prepared," the man answers. "Nothing that will help here." He takes a deep breath. Then he takes another, and then a third. "Alright, here I go."

He steps up onto the wardrobe, which creaks terribly with his first foot, and even more with his second. Sweating bullets, he starts to make his way across. However, the creaking gets louder and just as he's about to reach the other side, it gives way beneath him. He makes a mad grab for the ledge on Tulbas' side, and thankfully grabs on with one hand. But he is left dangling there and his grip is starting to slip. "Ah, help, help!" he cries in panic.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"Well, I hope this last lead works for you. Is it steady employment?" Vera asks. "Does it pay better than the smithy does?"

Grubnick (High Hand Inn)
"I can't say for sure," Green Tears responds. "If it was an attack, it doesn't seem like a very serious one. The soldiers seemed to get it under control pretty quickly."

As they are talking, Ne-Chanz and Shima both arrive just seconds before the final bell for curfew. They have a seat at a table and order some food and start talking.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"If you think you are up to helping me, then it would be appreciated," Kendra says. She walks back downstairs to start dinner.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If Shima has already met Grubnick, the dwarf will invite the other to join them at their dinner table.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia pauses, unsure whether she should tell her mother about the Belzorites. Deciding that it'd only worry her more to tell her of her exploits in the lair of the Belzorites, and grateful for her mother's unusual lack of concern about her doings, she says, "Um...yes...I, uh, hope it will. But then, it wouldn't take much. Nobody much can afford to come to the smithy much anymore."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas quickly pulls hard with all his weight and gives the man his hand. "Selowen, help me pull him up! You! try to get hold on the floor and help us!"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
The two descend into the kitchen to make dinner together.

Tulbas Erogund (Tower of Wayreth)
Tulbas grabs hold of the man's hand and pulls with all of his might, but he is too weak. Selowen rushes to help, but her bad leg causes her to stumble and fall, crying out in pain. She can be of no assistance in her current state.

"I'm...I'm slipping!" the man cries. His hands are very sweaty, and this isn't help Tulbas in keeping his grip. The young elf pulls and pulls, but to no avail. The man cries in horror as Tulbas loses his grip on him. The man falls into the pit, disappearing into the darkness below. His cry is interrupted by a wet thud sound, and then only silence.

=============

Tulbas makes a STR check [TN 8] (1d20): 20, fail.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"Things are tough all around," Vera agrees. "They say the taxes will go down once the war is over. We just need to hold out until spring."

"Has their been any word on father being released?" asks Cassilda.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas keeps staring at the pit hoping to hear something. Then he puts his hands on his face in despair for a moment, looks at Selowen, helps her up and say, "I was sure with him holding one side of the stick, both of us the other and have about three steps to make he will easily pass. Fortune was not in his favor." Tired and aching Tulbas stretches. "Let's move on." he goes back with Selowen to the entrance and then to the room opposed to the one of the apprentice. The room where the conspires had talked. He only takes a quick glimpse to see if something of importance might catch his eye and then continues with Selowen to the next room where the last apprentice he met should have been.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia shakes her head. "I haven't heard anything about Father. I talked with Kendra today for a few moments, and I think she'd have told me if she'd had heard anything. I'll go and ask to see him tomorrow; maybe they'll let me in this time.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick thanks Green Tears and accepts Shima's invitation to join them. Making a habit of cutting it close I see... he says to Ne-Chanz, teasing him good-naturedly. What keeps you out so late recently? he asks quietly. That same excursion I wasn't able to join you in last time?
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"The same. We... lost Felran today." the Minotaur says, sighing deeply.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick looks at the Minotaur for a long moment. ... lost? Oh... I'm sorry to hear that... if you need to talk about it... or... The goblin stops, unsure what else to say. He hardly knew Ne-Chanz in the first place, but it was his nature to want to help when he thought he could... probably how I get in trouble so often... he thought wryly to himself.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"By 'lost', we don't mean that we mislaid him," Shima explained, just in case. "Purely out of interest, how busy are you tomorrow? Much on?"