Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 17: Poison Curse

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 17: Poison Curse

Post by Nuke »

Val grabs some sticks and proceeds to roast some flesh over the coals
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras passes over some appropriate herbs and says, "Here, try rubbing these on the meat. And can you do one for me, too, please?"
She then busies herself with mixing and crushing down some curative leaves for their bites and some for their burns.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath gathers up some arrows, then falls back with his bow in case there is trouble.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I guess the pirates have won" Ouragana says quietly, averting her eyes.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ouragana Stormbride (Merchant Ship, Lower deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"Then all hope is lost," the woman comments, holding back tears.

However, strangely the pirates--except the ones captured by the webbing, that is--begin withdrawing for some reason.

Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
As the crew votes on Scourge's fate, Sable bends down and takes the captain's key ring. "Here, one of you go fetch Jocelyn," she says, handing them the keys. "I'm sure she'll want to be here for this, as she was the one falsely blamed for the crime."

Val and Naras (Unnamed Island/Sardonx 25th, 6:00 AM)
Val and Naras proceed to cook the monster meat. It smells like...well, like cooked meat. Whether it will be tasty or poisonous is still yet unknown.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I like mine well done like this," Naras comments as she eats some meat. "At least the washing-up's already done," she jokes.

Assuming no one gets poisoned, she suggests, "We could rest and heal {OOC: Healing (15), Herbalism (14)} here for the day and get going tomorrow. Maybe cook some more meat to take with us. We could even explore a bit. What do you thing?"

If Val chooses to explore, Naras will use her 'Deect Pits & Snares' spell.

If nothing untoward happens, just before she settles down to sleep the dwarf will cast her last CLW on Val and then, if not already done, expend her Detect Pits & Snares and Hold Person spells.
In the morning she prays for :

1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Purify Food & Drink
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros quickly grabs the keys. "I vote Aye!" he says looking to Scourge face, and also takes the key he took from the captain of the merchant ship earlier. He then quickly runs to free Jocelyn. Once arriving the cabin he unlocks it, storms in and calls loudly, "Jocelyn! Jocelyn! Are you Okay?? I was so worried!! You did it! Sable convinced all that you are innocent! Come!" He holds her for a second looking all over her making sure she is whole and safe and then relieved takes her hands and walks out and back to the crowd.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath grins at Baeros' enthusiasm. He chimes in with an aye vote. "Sable, would you like me to round up the prisoners?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Listen, no, they seem to be leaving this ship!" Ouragana exclaims, bewildered.
She considers setting free the pirates of they promise to return as well, but decides against it. Who knows, maybe the fortunes will change again and she does not want to show she is a mage yet.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn freezes in place as she is held by Baeros. "I'm fine," she mutters. "But what took so long? What is going on?" she asks as she follows after Baeros
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Baeros (Poison Curse, captain's cabin/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
Jocelyn notices Baeros is severely wounded and covered in blood, not all of it his own as he hugs her, pressing the blood all over her, as well.

Baeros realizes Jocelyn is not wearing her usual blue vestments, but is now dressed more like a pirate, wearing a bandanna, leather pants and a low cut blouse instead.

"By the gods...are we saved or..," the woman frowns as she thinks it over. "Or maybe they're withdrawing because they plan to set the ship aflame and burn us out."

Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
The crew continue voicing their opinions, and while a few favor sparing Scourge, most seem to vote to condemn him.

"No need," Sable tells Gallath. "They'll be dealt with soon enough."

The two eat the cooked monster meat, which is rubbery and tough, but neither of them suddenly die of food poisoning, so here is that, at least. It's not terribly tasty, but the herbs help and it's better than having no taste at all after surviving on magical food for the past week.

Naras awaits Val's response to her question.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros notice the change of cloth but thinks not much of it. "Well, Scourge wanted to rob a merchant ship, and we had to play along or put you in danger. I'm sad to say the condemnation of him came only at the end of the fight." Baeros says while leading Jocelyn. "But *I* did my best not to kill anyone your wish echoing in my brains." he turns for a moment and smiles. He didn't mention that his attempt to save the sailors lives almost cost him his own. Why sadden her? he thinks to himself. Then looks forward and continues leading until they are near Sable. With all the excitement and concern for Jocelyn he still holds her hand even after they arrive and stop walking.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I don't know" Ouragana confesses. "My friends wanted to organise a mutiny against the pirate Captain, maybe the withdrawal means they did succeed."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Perhaps we can walk about in the morning, a little more rest and I'll feel like myself again. However, this meat needs more salt, I'll see if it'll help by soaking it in seawater over night." She goes to cut some more meat, soaking some, but cutting strips to smoke over the fire for some jerky rations. Over all, she has eaten worst and is happy to have some real food available.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
Baeros drags Jocelyn along with him, whether she is willing to go or not. She is brought before a crowd of pirates surrounding Sable, who is standing next to a trussed up Scourge, struggling in vain against his bonds. "Ah, here is the woman who had to go into hiding for years because of Scourge's lies. I say she should be the one to decide this scoundrel's fate, once and for all!"

"That sounds too good to be true," the woman says warily. "But if by some miracle of the gods it is true, you're invited to my wedding for your part in saving us, you can be sure of that."

Val declines Naras offer to explore an untamed island while still wounded, and instead goes to gather more meat to store for later.