Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 17: Poison Curse

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 17: Poison Curse

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"If by 'drop off,' you mean sell to one of the slaver guilds, sure," Sable replies. "I mean, come on. We're still pirates. Don't worry, I'll see that you lot get a share of those profits, too."

Ouragana Stormbride (Merchant Ship, Lower deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"Yet, because of you, I am still alive," the woman says. "Perhaps then it was fate, that one of my future groom's friends wound up on this ship, at this time. I'm sure he'll be grateful, too. I'll tell him when we first meet. My father is a powerful admiral, too. I'm sure he'll see that you are rewarded, as well."

Val and Naras (Unnamed Island/Sardonx 25th, 8:00 PM)
Naras tries to get some sleep. Val stays up and keeps watch, listening to the sound of her whale's pain in the distance.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn watches as Scourge is taken down to the brig, then shakes her head. "Where is Ouragana?" she asks. That was the only person she could think of that could tell her what exactly happened while she was locked up.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath shrugs. "My true reward will be seeing Arya again." he says with some determination.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well... what I would really like is to learn from one of the great storm sorcerers, on board a ship, not at the Academy" Ouragana says dreamily. "So... if your father could arrange that, it would be I who feels very grateful."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val waits up until daybreak and start chomping at the bit to see what happened to Mist. She heads to the water and wades in whistling for he best friend.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"She disappeared during the fighting," Brock answers. "She's not among the dead. Maybe she made herself invisible," he offers.

Ouragana Stormbride (Merchant Ship, Lower deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"My father's fleet consists of many ships, and most of them have Storm Sorcerers on board. I'm sure that can be arranged," the woman says.

Val and Naras (Unnamed Island/Sardonx 26th, 6:00 AM)
The next morning, Val wades out into the water to find Mist still in horrible pain, while Naras begins her morning prayers. The whale has been speared with a harpoon. Likely she must have run afoul of some whalers at some point last night, and has been unable to remove the spear as she lacks the appendages to reach it.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Brock, come with me as I look for her please," Jocelyn says as she walks away from Sable and the rest of the group. "What exactly happened here?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Ouragana, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Lower deck/Sardonx 16th, 9:00 AM)
After a bit of searching, Jocelyn and the others find a cabin down below where the entrance is completely sealed off by thick spider webbing. It looks like a few people are trapped inside the webbing, in fact. It certainly appears to be Ouragana's handiwork.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val hurries to her side and starts to look at the situation. She doesn't want to interrupt Naras since healing is going to be necessary. She moves to comfort the whale, leaving the harpoons in place for the moment.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ouragana?!" Jocelyn calls out. "Where are you?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras continues until either her prayers are finished, she is summoned by Val, or interrupted by something else.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We are in here, Jocelyn!" Ouragana calls back. "Are we safe?"
After Jocelyn's positive response, Ouragana tells the trapped combatants to keep away from each other as she dispels the web.
"I'm so glad your plan succeeded" she tells the cleric. "But so many lives were lost!" She points to the marines laying in their blood. "I'm sure there are many more than these."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What exactly happened here?" Jocelyn asks as she looks around. "The proof we needed was found such a long time ago, so I don't understand why so many lives were lost."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I guess the Pirates boarded the ship as they usually did before you found and showed the proof" Ouragana says drily. "The fight was well under way, everybody else had left and I was afraid to get suspicious if I stayed on the Poison Curse, so I came here. To escape the fighting, I went to explore the ship, where I found this lady and her guards" she explains.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros just follows quietly. When they get to the cabin where Ouragana is stuck in the web he asks, "How long before the web disappears? Would you like me to cut if off for you?" His voice flat and cold.