Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 17: Poison Curse

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 17: Poison Curse

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks to be in dismay as she looks down at the blood that is now on her. ~He tried not to kill anyone? Why is he covered in blood? Not all of that can be his?!~ she thinks to herself. ~And Gallath left with the journal a long time ago.~ She reminds herself to talk to Ouragana after all of this. "As a priestess of Octhanus, I think he is to be turned over to the church."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras nods, and settles down for a day of rest and healing. She does her best to care care of them both. {OOC: Healing (15), Herbalism (14)}
If nothing untoward happens, shortly before she settles down to sleep the dwarf will cast her last CLW on Val, expend her Command spell.

In the morning she prays for spells.

{1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Purify Food & Drink
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds (leaves 1 slot)}
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros notes Jocelyn look at his wounds only after they come to a stop. "Oh, that... don't bother yourself with it. I also don't want to kill innocent people. It's not only because of you." he smiles encouragingly.
As Sable suggests Jocelyn will decide Scourge fate Baeros rolls his eyes, 'Oh, dear CRIZZA' he thinks to himself and proven correct in the net sentence of Jocelyn.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"Sable, you treacherous witch, you won't get away with this!" Scourge yells, still struggling against the magical bonds. "Jocelyn, you can't believe her lies. She must have used her magic to add that entry to my journal. She was always jealous of your relationship with Ethan! She must have decided to kill him, then leave you to be thrown overboard as a scapegoat!"

Val and Naras (Unnamed Island/Sardonx 25th, 8:00 PM)
The day passes uneventfully. That evening, as they are preparing for bed, Naras casts her last healing spell on Val.

In the distance, out at sea, they can hear Mist. It sounds like she is in pain, but she is too far off from the shore for either of them to spot her with their infravision.

===========

Naras casts Cure Light Wounds on Val, restoring (1d8): 4 HP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn shakes her head at Scourge. "Don't try to pin it on her," she says. "You're caught," she says before she looks at Sable. "You should probably thrown him in the brig."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras looks to Val for guidance about the sound from Mist and offers, "I can share a Water Breathing spell with you if that would help. But I can't swim though."
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath steps forward. "I found the journal under lock and key in his desk. Not a great place to hide the evidence that could incriminate him."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, I hope your marriage will be less eventful than your voyage as a bride" Ouragana smiles. Then a thought occurs to her. "Your groom's name is not Thaddeus, by any chance?" she asks, her voice shaking slightly.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val says, "In the dark, we can't help much, she can take care of herself....hopefully."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros and Gallath (Merchant Ship, Upper deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
"You, too, Jocelyn?" Scourge says, aghast. "I thought we had something special last night!" He struggles as Sable gestures to him and a few pirates lift him to his feet and start taking him away. "Don't pretend it meant nothing to you, you couldn't get enough! I could tell!" he yells as he's taken below decks.

Sable turns to Jocelyn. "Well, I guess that's that. We can finish looting this ship of anything of value--you all will be given a nice share--and then we can head back to Enott. I'll release Scourge into your custody, and you can have the Bullring take you back to Sanctuary, if that's what you really want." She chuckles sardonically. "Although I sincerely doubt you'll ever rehabilitate someone like that."

Ouragana Stormbride (Merchant Ship, Lower deck/Sardonx 16th, 8:30 AM)
The woman looks surprised. "How could you know that? Yes, his name is Thaddeus Blackwell. I've never actually met him before, but my father, the admiral, said it was a good match."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Perhaps we could drop off the prisoners in Enott as well?" Gallath quietly proposes to Sable.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at Jocelyn with great sorrow and disappointment. He considers for a moment Gallath words and come to the conclusion that Scourge was stupid and not innocent.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana clears her throat which suddenly had become kind of stuck, then she says: "I don't know you well enough to tell if you're a good match, but I have worked with Thaddeus on the Bullring. He is a good man, I have learned a lot from him. And he knows much more about battle spells than I do, he wouldn't have been as helpless as I was..." Her voice drifts off and her eyes become misty.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Taking Val's words as fact, Naras prepares to settle down to sleep and expends her Command spell and casts Create Food And Water, so that they will have sufficient liquid to drink and fill their waterskins and any empty potion bottles, even if the food is rather bland. She takes a few minutes to mix some of the crushed restorative herbs with small amounts of water to make a paste to apply on their burns or cuts. Whilst preparing the paste and then applying it, Naras asks,"So what is it that you're trying to achieve? Or maybe nothing so grand?" and smiles.

When all done, she adds, "Val, if you can keep a look out, I'll get some sleep now so that we can be ready for an earlier start in the morning."

If the night passes uneventfully, the dwarf prays for spells in the morning.
{1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Purify Food & Drink
2nd Level: Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds (leaves 1 slot)}
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val answers, "We have just been roaming the world without much of a plan, just taking opportunities as they present themselves, nothing so grand"

Val settles into guard duty, making sure Naras can get her rest.