Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Part I: Spy Games (Karlene Blackcloud intro)

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

spike
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Part I: Spy Games (Karlene Blackcloud intro)

Post by spike »

As you removed bits and pieces, its left hand shot out and grabbed you by the neck, easily thrusting you far into the air where you crashed into a nearby tree. Yet Idry's superior agility allowed him to use his legs to push-thrust himself from the tree and flip backward on his legs.

The thing was a skeleton made completely out of black metal, and its body was snapping together, reassembling itself, 'regenerating' like a troll, even though it was wrought entirely of metal flesh. Before you knew it it was up on its legs and advanced forward, It moved sluggishly slow much like a zombie instead of an assassin now. Voraina struck the thing hard with her sword, slashing the side of its jaw. The wound instantly began to self-repair.

It bellowed 'surrender, and receive the emperor's mercy' it said.
Attachments
assassin.jpg
assassin.jpg (9.06 KiB) Viewed 14768 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

So has it grown a new head?
The head was yards away and not in sight. To prevent this sort of shit is why the body was being dismembered.
Without being able to understand how something has just covered means it's impossible to do anything about it.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Chris1234 wrote:So has it grown a new head?
The head was yards away and not in sight. To prevent this sort of shit is why the body was being dismembered.
Without being able to understand how something has just covered means it's impossible to do anything about it.
It's still headless, its body is moving/advancing regardless of missing an actual head. Its head is speaking still, however from the ground nearby. It seems as if the head is remote controlling its headless body.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The head is deliberately not in sight of the body. That's why it he body was dragged out of sight. Plan then was to remove the arms then the legs and then some other stuff.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Chris1234 wrote:The head is deliberately not in sight of the body. That's why it he body was dragged out of sight. Plan then was to remove the arms then the legs and then some other stuff.
While you removed some of the dead assassins belongings, it hurled you off of itself easily (with a strength sufficient enough to throw a full human into the air with a single throw), its head while it rolled across the ground its eyes are pointed in the direction of its decapitated form. The eyes are filled with beads of green light.

Just note that Idrys is interacting with a thing he's never encountered before, ever, or knew existed. He doesn't actually know what it is or full set of its capabilities. The metal components you tear and try to destroy the moment he tries this it seems to instantaneously regenerate itself.

Whether the head is pointed directly toward the body or not is immaterial, the body still moves to attack Idrys with or without the benefit of vision.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

No, you got this wrong. Dismemberment was before kit:
Chris1234 wrote:"...out of their sight and sets about separating it at all the major joints and then searching it for anything useful..."
The creature told Idrys that he cant kill it and he's seen it repair itself. Hence the plan to dismember it and distribute the parts widely around removing alternate parts. Some of which are to be buried deep between slabs of stone and so forth.
If you want that level of detail, Idrys would stand one foot pressed on the creature's back with it face down and hack off an arm & then move that arm 20' away.
Then return and do the same with the other arm, 20 ' in the opposing direction. Then repeat with a leg, then the second leg, each 20 ' away from the body and equally spaced, forming a square.
Then the head get wrapped in a cloak. Then the arm gets cut at wrist and elbow and the forearm moved to the far side of the square and out by another 10' and so on.

Now Idrys would not notice if the head's eyes cleared from Drusulla's spell nor if the lights in the eyes came back on. However, the women might, and probably would have shouted. There is no mechanism for a head to actually roll on its own, so maybe it grew legs. The women might have noticed that and shouted. In either case Idrys would shout, "Cover the damn thing in a cloak and keep it there."

Now, as you're intend on forcing the scene in whatever direction you want it to go:
spike wrote:Whether the head is pointed directly toward the body or not is immaterial, the body still moves to attack Idrys with or without the benefit of vision.
why don't you finish the scene. Idrys will die before giving up, his last words to the women being, "Run. Tell my sister of this."
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The headless assassin gropes and grabs Voraina's cousin and then self-detonates in a fiery blast of green flame, all of its metallic components flew in a explosion of shrapnel, Drusilla leaped atop of Voraina and brought her low to the ground, most of the blast they were shielded by some thick rocks that blocks the worse of the damaging shrapnel.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys looks to see if the exploded assassin is regenerating and whether Voraina's cousin can be saved.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

It's been completely obliterated.

The cousin is nothing more than a charred husk.

Voraina sighs and recovering from the blast, slightly scratched she looked angry and dark, turned to you and said 'that was meant for you, I wager. This 'thing' wouldn't shut her damned trap about whether Ive met anybody bearing your description. As quick as lightening she drew a dagger from her wrist sheathe and poised it against Drusilla's cheek 'just who the fook are you two fools?! You take me for an idiot? Showing up with my cousin and sister, a metal man disguised as human, my cousins dead, and I take it Karnak sent you to greet me, eh? (asking Idrys) you look like the sort of hatchet man he would send to...tie up loose ends. That why you brought my family?' she drew a crossbow with one hand and leveled it directly at Idrys, unfastening the safety with her thumb and resting the barrel on Drusilla's shoulder 'don't make any sudden moves, unlike this bucket o' bolts, I don't miss!' she said calmly, 'now, let's take it from the top friend, and drop your sword belt, less I mark an ear to ear smile on this old hag'

Drusilla: "we came...to get you to help us kill Karnak. We know you despise him, but your family as his hostages could not make any move against him'

Voraina: "you both Watchers? Sounds like their way of doing things'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys holds up four fingers and says simply, "No, not a Watcher but I have met one." He lowers a finger.
"Karnak has tried to capture my sister for a fate worse that death." He lowers a second finger.
"We want to undo not merely Karnak but those that pull his strings, those that sent that." Idrys lowers a third finger while nodding towards the metal man. (Is it regenerating?)
"I've rescued your family as she said , one of whom survives, but I'll not drop my weapons. Decision time." He lowers his hand to be near, but not on, his sword hilt.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The body is fully destroyed, nothing is regenerating. The head is intact and on the ground nearby.

Voraina secured the safety back on her crossbow, sheathing the dagger, her face neither moved nor convinced, but neither was it as hostile a second ago.

She looked down at the eradicated remains of the metal man, saying 'That's not Karnak's work, that's the handiwork of Dezloz. This is one of his elite imperials. They are rewarded with these bodies that never perish, or die, or are afflicted with disease, weakness, hunger, and even magic does very little against them' she picked up a piece of the blackened metal 'Necrodermis, not of this world. Dezloz procures it. If it is stolen, he can somehow 'retrieve' it through mystical means. He used to sell this for great sums of gold to arms merchants, then they would loose it, and come back to him looking for more of it. Filthy scum! Well, you dealt it a good blow, you fight well swordsman, yet you lack wit. Why would you sift its corpse when you see a man with metal skeleton, it is sorcery at work, and you went rifling its body like a cheap crook. As a result of your...lack of common sense my cousin was slain. You would do well to use better care in dealings with the black cloaks'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys says, "How many dish as that thing are there?"
He fetches the head to blindfolded and gag it.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

You pick up the head and it fades, becomes translucent and vanishes out of your hand, evaporating in a emerald green light.

Voraina: "Legions, and none of them destroy themselves like this bastard did. They move like zombies do, slowly, but regenerate like trolls. Even when they die, there are other creatures in Dezloz's imperial armies capable of ressurecting these blasted abominations. This is what happens when other kings and queens are too corrupt and drunk on power, too dull witted to unite and join forces' she said angrily, shaking her head in disgust. She turned to Drusilla and said 'Go, take my sister to Griffons eyrie. She will be safe there, and it is only an hour trek north o' here. I go now and will deal with the wizard. I will send you his head in a basket if you require proof of his imminent death'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Will you instead dispose of him and take his place?" asks Idrys.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Voraina's eyes widened briefly, she stroked her delicate chin and then laughed, 'first, give me all the gold you have on you right now, I'll need it to bribe some guards. There are some I need to bribe, even if they already despise that mage, once the deed is done I will need their cooperation in case any get...suspicious, to deal with the ones that think something is awry. To put it bluntly, I need to know what goes on in the tower at all times if you wish me to become Karnak. Second, I will require fifteen hundred gold as payment. It doesn't have to be today, and you can pay me in lesser payments. Killing Karnak isn't an easy feat, and you would be hard pressed to find any who could effect his death with a guarantee. And one last request, once this is over you will put me into hiding somewhere safe and secure until it all boils over. His network is extensive. He could have your throats slit in any inn or tavern for miles in every direction out of Harby'