Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Part I: Spy Games (Karlene Blackcloud intro)

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Part I: Spy Games (Karlene Blackcloud intro)

Post by Chris1234 »

{OOC: As we did it quickly to stop Matt waiting too long and sckipped through it a bit but Idrys would likely have asked something about who he was rescuing - names - genders - ages. What, if anything, does he know?}
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Chris1234 wrote:{OOC: As we did it quickly to stop Matt waiting too long and sckipped through it a bit but Idrys would likely have asked something about who he was rescuing - names - genders - ages. What, if anything, does he know?}
cousin + younger sister of the messenger, fairly youngish
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys looks at the two girls disinterestedly, "C'mere you two. Keep yer moths shut an' don't cause no trouble or yer get an extra beatin'!"
He pushes them slightly ahead of him and makes his way out of earshot of spikey-head.

When Idrys's spectral vision indicates it's safe to do so he says very quietly in his normal voice, "Say and do nothing. Voraina's arranged your rescue." He then slips back into course gaurd mode, louder, "Pick up yer bloody feet. Don't dawdle or yer get a beatin'."

He avoids whatever guards that his exotic vision indicates can be avoided, with priority given to avoiding shades and then hobgoblins.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The four guards who were formerly enthralled with their gambling, became animated and came upon you from behind when you thought you had slipped past unchecked and overlooked. Yet they passed by you and ran as one toward the main portcullis entryway, one whispered 'be on guard, there was an attempt on the bosses life' he said gravely. The whole tower came alive and on lock down, when you clambered onto the back of a wagon full of barrels and sacks, the teamster didn't seem to pay you any heed despite the addition of obvious weight in his wagon.

As you remain hidden, approximately fifteen or so minutes later you look around and see yourself entering thick forest. You're in the Nyrian countryside again, specifically in the forest you grew up in. You gain a sense you're being watched, by something that even your spectral vision cannot see. All you feel is that it is a presence of some sort.

Some movement distracted you and you saw what appeared to be movement far ahead (extruded vision) and see a ginormous Owlbear running straight toward your wagon at high speed.

What do you do?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys offers a silent prayer to Wrath {?} that the task is to rescue the two females and keep them safe rather than fight everything in the world.
He puts a finger to his lips to indicate silence and with gentle pressure urges the two females towards the back of the wagon.
After jumping down lightly himself, Idrys easily runs at the wagons speed and lift one, then the other female from it.

Knownong the woods fairly well, Idrys leads the pair to safety, using his exotic vision to avoid the avoidable and his stealth attack to end the unavoidable.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Trudging through the woods, with the two women in tow you heard some racket from whence you came, and monstrous sounds of the owlbear mixed with harsh yells of men. Before you knew it you were following along a winding creek that cut through deceptively peaceful woods, with as much stealth as you could. One of the women drew closer and you fought hard not to be aroused by her close proximity, and you felt the nagging eyeteeth sprout out and grew longer, her exposed neck making you want to have her with impunity.

For an hour you wordlessly lead them in a north by northwesterly route, up ahead you took note of several ravens engorging themselves on a kingly feast. Creeping closer, you saw a clearing littered with eight bodies of slain soldiers. Most of them had arrows in their backs, and their uniforms appear to have been taken off their bodies. While no ranger, you sensed through your dhampir senses that they were killed four or more hours ago, five at the max. Though no ranger your assassin instincts tell you that it was an ambush of some sort, and they were taken completely by surprise.

Pressing onward, you saw the fire of a camp a half hour march north. When you finally make it, you see a campsite on the side of the road, there is Drusilla speaking to a woman who is beautiful and lithe, and slightly pointed eas. You see she is half-elven as you draw near, with dark brown hair and amber colored eyes.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys pauses, senses extended for any further ambush.
If none, can he hear what is being said?
Does the woman match any description of the 'postman'?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The woman matches the description of Voraina.

You didn't hear anything being exchanged between the two. Drusilla muttered something beneath her breath: all is going according to your design, master.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys nods. "Tell me what transpired here."
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Drusilla: chuckled, peeling off her own face to reveal that of a man beneath, 6'0 tall in stature and dark brown hair, clad entirely in dark black he leveled a double crossbow straight at you 'ah, finally I have you in my sights' he purred, laughing 'you must be Idrys, the dhampir. I was beginning to wonder when I'd finally encounter you!' he fired one missile at you, it sunk deep through your left leg (-10 hp dmg, save vs. poison: succeeded) you felt it burn a little but as the missile pierced your leg, you saw most of the poison jetted out in a forward stream onto the ground, fizzing.

The black clad man irritably cursed, 'I always carry a spare bolt in case my first fails to snuff out the lights from your eyes' he grinned triumphantly, and what would have been a surefire killing shot was disrupted when Voraina kicked the would-be killer in the leg, his missile went wide and sunk into a thick ropey vine nearby. The vine withered and melted into dust!

The assassin moved the crossbow to his left hand, produced a dagger and pinned the girl down with a leg, 'you worthless whore!' he spat at her and leveled the dagger at her throat 'Dezoz himself told me to tell you, he's been highly amused by you and your sisters tawdry little triumphs. He also wanted you to know you have put a smile on his face' just then, a blinding pure white light enveloped the assassins eyes and he cursed violently as the real Drusilla came up from behind him. 'Now you see the light, lost child' she purred in mockery.

DECISION
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Idrys imitates Drusilla's voice to gain time and confuse, "I am the way!" and throws a weapon to pin the other man's dagger-wielding arm.
Idrys lunges forward, all speed, little subtlety, seeking to remove the man's dagger-arm from his body.

=====
{OOC: I don't know Idrys's capability intimately so if you think the above is inappropriate or inefficient then fine if you want to improve it.}
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

IDRYS: *twippppppttt!* plucking two daggers in one hand you flung both and saw them both strike the man perfectly in the left hand, and they pierced his flesh hilt deep! (natural 20: 72% critical) he did not drop the dagger or seem impaired despite what should have been a damning death blow. The assassin simply grinned, turned around and punched Drusilla square in the jaw knocking her out, then kicked Voraina so hard in the face that she blew teeth out of her mouth. The killer plucked the two daggers out of him, exposing what appeared to be dark metal 'bones' beneath his torn shredded flesh. As he plucked the daggers and flung them to the ground, the metal began 'regenerating' underneath. He laughed bitterly, in mockery 'now that you have bore witness to my secret, I will have scant choice but to destroy you. Pity, it would have been preferable to have had you studied before processing. Our tech priests would have loved to pick you apart' he displayed the blow you inflicted, pointing out the metal beneath 'yes, they're made of metal you simple minded fool, living metal. I cannot be slain by the likes of you, no blade or bolt will end me! Put away your childish weapons and join us, serve my liege as your new master'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

The foe was blinded, so Idrys tries drawing main weapons during a soft-footed run at the T-90 assassin dropping into a knee-slide at the last moment to slide under the guy {??Parkour??} and then a flip to try and take the foe's head from his shoulders with a 'scissors cut' from the pair of weapons.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

IDRYS leaped forward and gained the tactical advantage against the assassin, his scissor cut severed the head clean off from the rest of the body. Its body moved about reaching for its head that it could not find. The head, peering at you said 'an interesting technique, I applaud you. May you burn in the higher hells!' when you saw green light fade out of the body and evaporate into the air.

Drusilla examined the dead assassins form, naturally intrigued. She said 'Necrotyr, living metal. Dwemer craftsmanship'

Voraina and the two women looking to eachother turned to the two of you and said 'who ARE you people!?'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"She's better with words. Women often are," replies Idyrs, indicating Drusilla. He drags the assassin-creature out of their sight and sets about separating it at all the major joints and then searching it for anything useful.

======
Was the 'rips off the face of Drusilla' just rearrangement of living metal? Or was it the mask that Karlane mentioned to Idrys ages ago?