Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Scarlor OOC thread

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scarlor OOC thread

Post by Chris1234 »

@Matt - Good turn! (main thread)

@Spike - although we glossed over this, Idrys would have swapped out (and topped up) his arrows for the more potent elven ones en route. You ok with that?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

spike wrote:... ooc: because Whisper threw the glaive doesn't make for arguable suspicion of his identity, yet, especially when you're engaged in the midst of resounding battle. He's not close enough proximity for you to smell, actually. ...
is fine, if we ignore:
Chris1234 wrote:...(Karlane)...then goes stationary, relying on the mass movements of people to allow sight of her to be deflected and she relies on the Elvenkind gear to protect her from being an immediate target (plus the permanent Prot Evil)....
but there's no way for me to know what scent she can (or cannot) detect without details on the dhampir sense of smell and:
Chris1234 wrote:"...OOC4: @Spike - ...Which, if any, of these have been Held by Drusilla? And which one cut down by Whisper? Either a sketch map, or clock directions (with Karlane facing the 12) would do, including both foes and allies, with approx distances from the centerpoint. I have poor spacial awareness, and without some-such, I just get totally lost...}[/i]
. Please provide both.

I am now officially lost not knowing who is where (or how far).
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Dhampir sense of smell:

Track by scent 75%
sense motive: - you can sense powerful emotions like fear, anger, anxiety, that provides accurate ideas of a persons intent, within reasonable distance.
Can pick up oddities in persons body odor or absence of whether it's them or not
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Reasonable distance, assuming little wind, is 10' ? Or.. ?
SARRMATT
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SARRMATT »

In the future I would like to change my characters diet to include a lot of eggs, garlic, cheap beer, beans, and curry. ha ha ha!
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

1d4 + 1 per 3/levels for distance, max of 12.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thx Spike. Halfway there. Just leaves working out where everyone is:
Chris1234 wrote:"...OOC4: @Spike - ...Either a sketch map, or clock directions (with Karlane facing the 12 o'clock) would do, including both foes and allies, with approx distances from the center point...I am now officially lost not knowing who is where (or how far).}[/i]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thanks for the map, Spike - a huge help.
Ok, just to make sure I understand correctly:

a) Has Nym webbed 5 foes PLUS the leader, total 6?
b) Is this the group approaching from the south and is the foe shown in the L-shaped structure on it? Or in it?
c) Azonia has javelined the leader: which 'triangle' is the spike-armoured leader?
d) Valtor has 'glued' 5 foes - are these the 5 that had been moving in from the north?
e) Of these 'glued' 5, Garosh has skewered 2 and pierced 1, but have all of these 3 collapsed?
f) Is the 6th foe in the north that's shown in the square structure in the building? Or on it? (If it it, can the foe be seen? If on it, how tall is the building?)
g) If all of the above seem under control i.e. north and south groups, then presumably Karlane's attention would be to the group from the east (3 held, shown as XXX ?) In which case she'll lurk, hopefully silent and unseen, and try to 'backstab' one of the 7 still mobile from the east when it filters through the 3 held and approaches Drusilla, unless another foe's back presents itself first.
h) If (g) is correct, then presumably Karlane would be unaware of the two Whispers, correct?
i) Did 'Whisper' glaive one of the group from the north? Is that the one on the roof? Or..?
j) As Idrys is hidden (and not shown on the map), that gives you some license where you want to put him. Essentially, is he aware of two Whispers? And does he have the same sense of smell as Karlane?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Web: 6, including leader

The ones depicted in the structure are at the window on 2nd story, with special looking crossbows

The leader is the 2nd in the neat column to the north, webbed there and locked in position.

The south bunch are glued by Valtor's adhesive substance.

The north in the structure is same, crossbowman in the window.

Idrys doesn't have enhanced sense of smell, but he does vision and he can see that the glaive wielder Whisper is a changeling.

Karlene struck swift and true with her mace (-21 hp dmg) backstabbing one of the charging fighters in the small of his back she could hear the cracking of bone from her devastating blow, the mace emits a pulsating scorch of white fire on the horrible wound, killing him instantly where he stood.

Two of the fighters shrieked a loud battle cry, the first roared 'that was my friend, you worthless wench!' his sword flew wide, missing you. You ducked as his buddy attempted to rush impale you with his blade, 'gonna gut this little girl like a filthy pig!'

You see the webbed leader, scowling grabs the webbed foot soldier in front of him and flung him through the air toward Valtor, narrowly missing.

Whisper: actions?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Spike - What happened to:
spike wrote:...Karlene, after felling her intended target, see's a white portal nearby not of her own creation, behind where the 10 must have come from. She overhears some bantering from it: 'Kill them you overpaid lickspittles!' out of it came a man clad in red robes, looking to be a priest of sorts he wore a metallic glove in the palm which floated several metal spheres....
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

You have the glove.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

ok, thanks.
Didn't Karlane find a similar glove on someone a while ago? (Maybe the group that gatecrashed the assassin's lair?)
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Yes she did, it's the exact same item however opposite hand than the previous one. These are unique to the Lorian order, they launch a metal object within the hand section that fires as fast as a actual bullet, and only 4 can swirl in the palm region of the hand glove.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OK, thanks, Spike.
SARRMATT
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SARRMATT »

@Spike - Thanks for the clarification of the impact the transition has to equipment. However, I had assumed that when the changeling captured the PC and had him unconscious a couple of times within the tent that the PC's clothing, equipment, weapons, etc... were all taken and worn by the changeling to assist in its ruse to pass itself off as the PC. Effectively leaving the PC in his tighty whitey's for the most part and then it beat him almost to death which dislodged several of the PC's teeth. Going with that assumption of how the tent situation went down, I'd guess that the following would be lost: clothes, satchel, spell components, dagger, purse (and possibly contents of 350 gp & 50 PP), old tattered journal, leather gem pouch, and maybe the tiny scroll tube which was to be opened whenever the time was right "2" nights from now. Feel free to correct me or let me know what survived the fire and what I'll have to try and replace in Longhollow or what is found in the tent the PC and Scarab investigate. Also was the PC's loss of teeth permanent(I don't know if the restoration from fire elemental back to human covers dental procedures or if the loss of teeth being a pre-existing condition negated that coverage) and if so does it impact spell casting, Charisma, or give him a lisp/whistle/drooling problem?