Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Scarlor OOC thread

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

SARRMATT
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scarlor OOC thread

Post by SARRMATT »

I just got to wondering since I haven't had to take a turn or do anything at all in a week if things in that time line and my character paused and waiting on something else.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

No idea. But there are a dozen people around Whisper that he can interact with if he so chooses.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

See updated main thread. The ambush is underway, and you have surprise. Also, the decoy caravan has recently seen battle so they appear worn and a bit wearied as a result of it, fyi.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

So was this foe visible and alive?
Chris1234 wrote:...Karlane emerges (and)...looks up in the branches for the warrioress, already badly wounded by her magic missiles and Garosh's bolts. It the warrioress is still visible and alive she gets another 4 magic missiles {4d4+4dam}, failing which, she looks around for another target (that isn't the drow).
If not, what other foes are?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

The woman in the tree's last threw her glaive at the party and fled (you note her weapon able to strike multiple foes at the same time) she escapes leaping tree to tree like a monkey, using her chainwhip to swing where no vine was available.

The rest of the enemy combatants are done and dealt with, the drow is captured and the surface elf is nowhere in sight. Karlene can smell his scent and it seemed to cut through the foliage in an eastward direction.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Who amongst the party has Karlane seen using arrows?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Idrys and Azonia only.

Garosh, Sarancen use crossbows.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

SARRMATT wrote:@Karlane ...As for the glaive, I believe Garosh is far more adept at throwing blades about then I. If there is no one else who has the ability to carry or use the weapon I shall bear its burden until the next town or a merchant crosses our path." Whisper attempts to politely refuse the weapon that would see no use from him while trying to be more of an asset to the team by doing something he might be good at...
Matt: You've spent a WP on glaive, so that gives you +5 with it compared to not. I'm not sure if you're missing this or if it's a deliberate decision. I won't mention glaive again in this context. Over to you.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

spike wrote:The library he refers is in the Elven imperial capital of Cloak Keep, in the heart of the Black Forest Kingdom. Possibly in the imperial keep.
is this in the realm of these elves? Or the Drow Kingdom?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Chris1234 wrote:
spike wrote:The library he refers is in the Elven imperial capital of Cloak Keep, in the heart of the Black Forest Kingdom. Possibly in the imperial keep.
is this in the realm of these elves? Or the Drow Kingdom?
Elves :)
SARRMATT
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SARRMATT »

Let me know if my character is with the elves or doing inventory of something that is somewhere and I have no idea of what or where.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Whisper clearly see's he was on the side of a highway that wound through a dense forest, with dead bodies littered everywhere. Karlene used her portal to transport the entire party here.

You sift through the weapons cache, after ten minutes yourself, Garosh, Sarancen and Azonia analyze the contents and discover:

5 crates of crossbow bolts + sheaf arrows
2 of which are elven sheaf arrows
2 catapults
5 heavy billistae
10 siege arbalests
1 keg of black powder
long box filled with military pikes (10)
box of yew longbows (30)
box of 10 heavy crossbows
2 barrels of wildfire

After having finished conducting the search and listing out the contents of the haul, a sparrow perched on your shoulder with a tiny scrolltube half the size of your finger. When you see the scroll a female voice whispered 'mi'lord, read this in two days when you receive it, no sooner no later, on the eve of the lunar eclipse when the sword and huntress moons overlap. You will know why after. You have allies scattered in hiding, take heart!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

spike wrote: 5. Assuming Idrys ignores his encounter with blink dogs + displacer beasts assume him and Drusilla make it back just fine.
I've edited the timing element into Idrys's thread.
Does this mean Idrys & Drusilla and their horses are on the ship when the dragon turns up?
Or have the pair not yet arrived?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

SARRMATT wrote:[OoC] ... Where are we headed?
@Matt - you've sortof rebuked me a couple of times when I tried to assist OOC, but (IG) Whisper has been told where the ship is heading. He has not been told where Jerry has announced she's headed afterwards.
I'm happy to remind you on the former (OOC) if you wish. The latter will have to be explicitly asked by Whisper IG.

I hope this helps. It's not intended with any irony; just trying to comply with how it appears you like to handle your IG/OOC information.
SARRMATT
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SARRMATT »

@Chris - thanks for the explanation, if the PC knows that's good enough for me I would guess since he's now located where he is. I've been unable to keep an understanding of the gameplay thread for some time now.